Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama moves forward to disarm local police departments

So basically what we have here is a case of Bammy actually doing something correct.

As they say, even a broken clock is right once in a while.

If someone is expecting me to be all sad and worried that the out of control police are being systematically disarmed, I am afraid they are due for deep disappointment.

The object of my concern would be what has Bammy in mind by disarming the cops and what fate awaits all the military equipment. That is, who is likely to get their hands on it? Would, after letting half a million "Syrian 'refugees'" into the land, they by some crazy fluke all decide to go Tet on us and just happen to gain access to all that hardware because someone was asleep at the gate?

The mind reels at the possibilities of what Theye may have in store for us.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    I can't speak for other local PD or Sheriff Departments, but most of the rank and file Sheriff Deputies and families which my family know here in Pinellas County are very aware and concerned about our federal government's lust for power, and I do not believe they would turn on their neighbors should the federal government attempt an armed take over.
    I hate to break it to you, but they already have turned on their neighbors when they chose to enforce unconstitutional statutes and policies in violation of their sworn oaths to defend and uphold the Constitution.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but they already have turned on their neighbors when they chose to enforce unconstitutional statutes and policies in violation of their sworn oaths to defend and uphold the Constitution.
    And I just blew my rep on the previous post...
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    lol
    "The Patriarch"

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FrankRep lives.
    "The Patriarch"

Sadly, the police did this to themselves.
    "The Patriarch"

Fixed that fer'ye:

Quote Originally Posted by austin870 View Post
    We, as free men, have to eliminate our local police by whatever means circumstance requires. It has gone on too long with the police deciding that our individual, "mundane" lives have no value and that they hold life and death decision-making authority over us all.

The current situation makes as much sense as two monkeys humping a football.

I guarantee revenue collecting activities like tickets would go extinct the moment kops lead the way. What really needs to happen is the citizens have to detach their local police departments completely from existence.

State and federal resources should follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The same way Great Britain did it, by asking nicely I guess
    WRONG. The correct answer is: They can't.

Sorry to blow up whatever stupid point you were trying to make. But really, you should feel ashamed of yourself for ever attempting it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Such as the government has done to "felons"?

Kops have maimed and killed more people acting under the color of law than felons have.

That said, I'm good with absolutely no restrictions on firearm ownership/possession and absolutely no qualified immunity...

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS NO AUTHORITY ---NONE-----TO EVEN THINK - TO REGULATE FIREARMS.

ALL SUCH REGULATIONS CONSTITUTION A BOLD FACE USURPATION OF POWER.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

I can't speak for other local PD or Sheriff Departments, but most of the rank and file Sheriff Deputies and families which my family know here in Pinellas County are very aware and concerned about our federal government's lust for power, and I do not believe they would turn on their neighbors should the federal government attempt an armed take over. Likewise, a number of vets who have returned from the middle east are also concerned about our federal government and tell me the vast majority of our military personal would not turn against the American People and are likewise concerned over this Administration's overreach.

What I am sure of is, we are living in very dangerous times with a number of threats to the vey fabric of our system of government, and I hope cool minds and wisdom prevails over knee-jerk reaction and "libertarian" extremism which amounts to anarchy!

JWK
    You haven't lived until you've bashed through the side of someone's house with an ex-mil MRAP given to your department with grants.

To me, that is the worst kind of anarchy, when the government itself operates without any bounds.

As for Pinellas:

http://www.tbo.com/pinellas-county/p...ache-20140917/

So John, how many cool toys have you given your local police department? So, ahem, when the line is drawn, how much butter is on your side of their bread? Are you sure you'd have their support? Uncle Sam already bribed them. What have you got?

—Just think about it.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-29-2015 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    You haven't lived until you've bashed through the side of someone's house with an ex-mil MRAP given to your department with grants.

To me, that is the worst kind of anarchy, when the government itself operates without any bounds.
    Now you are talking about law breaking! Whether police or civilians break the law they ought to be punished! Law breakers, and police department equipment, are two entirely different matters.

JWK

Now you are talking about law breaking! Whether police or civilians break the law they ought to be punished! Law breakers, and police department equipment, are two entirely different matters.

JWK

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

JWK
    This has to be a $#@!ing joke. School resource officer?

Pigs are civilians by the way.

Why do police need guns when its illegal for criminals to have guns?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I suspect they are not intelligent enough to understand that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I suspect they are not intelligent enough to understand that concept.
    The concept some are unable to understand is when the few "...enforce unconstitutional statutes and policies in violation of their sworn oaths to defend and uphold the Constitution" they ought to be indicted and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Perhaps the fault is with our State Attorney Generals office who refuse to punish the filth which has infiltrated into our local police departments.

JWK

Obama is the worst President ever!

The concept some are unable to understand is when the few "...enforce unconstitutional statutes and policies in violation of their sworn oaths to defend and uphold the Constitution" they ought to be indicted and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Perhaps the fault is with our State Attorney Generals office who refuse to punish the filth which has infiltrated into our local police departments.

JWK

Obama is the worst President ever!
    But they are not capable of understanding what unconstitutional statutes and policies they are enforcing. Most never even think about it and think they are just following orders.

Hmmm,

Ever notice anyone calling for the evisceration of DA's and AUSA's on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Sadly, the police did this to themselves.
    Oh GOD let us hope so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123