Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama moves forward to disarm local police departments

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    And why were those police not punished?
    Who's going to "punish" them, more police?

Expecting the police to police the police doesn't work out well.....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And why were those police not punished? Were they not acting beyond their constitutionally authorized duties?

JWK
    That's a good question, one I have been asking myself for 10 years now.

When you find out, be sure to post it.

Maybe you can find out why the cops that have destroyed thousands and thousands of people, pets and homes for no good reason, over that same period have not "been punished" either.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this is true, good. Take away every gun away from these low-IQ uniformed state thugs, and we'll all be a lot safer.

And that's the fact of the matter no matter what smoke has been blown up your ass by some talk radio dipshits and FOX News propagandist, badge-worshiping retards.

I didn't give any time period in which police officers have been killed in the line of duty. Perhaps you should learn to read carefully and comprehend what you read.

JWK
    I read/comprehend just fine, and your lame attempt at insult is noted. Of course you didn't include a timeframe, because it seems you just want to sling BS rhetoric rather than discuss anything of substance
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Hmmm... even police departments disagree with the premise of the OP

“There are times when military-style equipment is essential for public safety, but they are very rare," Burlington Police Chief Brandon del Pozo, a former NYPD Deputy Inspector, told Mychamplainvalley.com.

"Between our partners in the Vermont State Police and the Vermont National Guard, as well as the other federal and local agencies, we have the resources to handle all but the most inconceivable public safety scenarios."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2411921
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

See Outrageous: Obama disarming American cops in midst of terror alerts

November 25, 2015

”At the same time that European Union countries, Canada, Australia and the United States are maintaining an alert posture in the aftermath of Islamic terrorist attacks, President Barack Obama is pushing his administration to enforce his already issued executive order to take away certain weapons and equipment away from local police and sheriff departments throughout the nation, according to a Republican lawmakeron Tuesday. This latest action follows reports that intelligence reports are being doctored to underscore Obama’s strategy and to coincide with his statements”

My family has worked for the Sheriffs' Department in Pinellas County, Florida, for many years and a number of my closest friends have been or are in law enforcement. These are everyday people just like you and me! In many instances they could be considered as your local militia. Just keep in mind these are the local residents who would first responders to any terrorist attack in your neighborhood!

My concern is not with our local law enforcement officers turning on us. It is with our federal government and a President who has done almost everything imaginable to destroy and weaken our country from within which indicates he is not beyond formulating a plan to overthrow the states by FORCE. Let us look at the facts:

The sad truth is, Obama has added more to the national debt than all other presidents combined;

He has given aid and comfort to our enemies by releasing them from GITMO;

He has attempted to strike a deal with a hostile foreign nation behind closed doors and without the consent of the United State Senate being required as commanded by our Constitution;

He is allowing a thousand Islamic "refugees" into the U.S. each month without proper screening or a requirement they renounce an allegiance to their country of origin;

He has transferred America’s weapons of defense and military technology to hostile Islamic leaders [the Islamic Brother Hood];

He has assisted an Islamic terrorist state to move forward with producing the component parts for a nuclear arsenal;

He has worked to release $150 Billion in assets to the terrorist government of Iran;

He has allowed our southern border to be invaded by the poverty stricken populations of Mexico and Central America;

He has decided to prop up the communist government of Cuba by normalizing relations, which in turn will yield a needed infusion of money to strengthen this government’s iron fist around the necks of its citizens;

He has released thousands of criminal illegal aliens from our nation’s jails into our nation’s population;

He is responsible for undermining our election process by making it easy for ineligible persons to vote;

He has interfered with our nation’s ability to develop our nation’s natural resources, namely oil, coal and natural gas, to fuel our economy;

He has worked to stifle America’s agricultural industry and ability to produce food under the guise of environmental necessity;

He has intentionally sabotaged our nation’s health care delivery system;

He has blatantly impinged upon the American People’s inalienable right to make their own choices and decisions regarding their health care and medical needs;

He is responsible for a dramatic increase in the number of people receiving food stamps;

He is responsible for a dramatic drop in fulltime employment;

He is responsible for a dramatic increase in the unemployment rate among our nation’s Black and poverty stricken youth;

He has used the force of our federal government to tax the paychecks of hard working people living in our nation’s inner cities and then transferred $ billions from our federal treasury to his inner circle friends under the guise of “green energy” [Solyndra/Chevy Volt/Fisker, Exelon, etc.];

He has repeatedly circumvented our Republican Form of Government by issuing Executive Orders and memorandums;

He has stood by and allowed his Administration to use the force of the federal government to attack "conservatives" who dare to exercise their right to freedom of speech;

And he has now started to disarm local police forces which are America’s front line in dealing with domestic terrorism or a hostile federal takeover of the United States!

Who can truthfully deny Obama is intentionally attempting to destroy America from within and ought to be viewed as a very real threat to our liberty?

JWK

When will the America People realize we have an Islamic cell operating out of our nation's White House? Will they come to this conclusion when Islamic terrorist activities begin in our southern Border States or cities like New York City?

DISARM THE MOTHERFUCKERS

IN ORDER TO PROTECT AMERICANS ****ABOLISH GUN FREE ZONES********

Police Are More Dangerous To The Public Than Are Criminals

The American police perform no positive function. They pose a much larger threat to citizens than do the criminals who operate without a police badge. Americans would be safer if the police forces were abolished.

The police have been militarized and largely federalized by the Pentagon and the gestapo Homeland Security. The role of the federal government in equipping state and local police with military weapons, including tanks, and training in their use has essentially removed the police from state and local control. No matter how brutal any police officer, it is rare that any suffer more than a few months suspension, usually with full pay, while a report is concocted that clears them of any wrong doing.

In America today, police murder with impunity. All the psychopaths have to say is, “I thought his wallet was a gun,” or “we had to taser the unconscious guy we found lying on the ground, because he wouldn’t obey our commands to get up.”

There are innumerable cases of 240 pound cop psychopaths beating a 115 pound woman black and blue. Or handcuffing and carting off to jail 6 and 7 year old boys for having a dispute on the school playground."

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

I find the story a bit hard to believe. We've been arming local police departments to the teeth over the past few decades with decommissioned military equipment. So suddenly he's gonna take all that away?

The Federal government gives this stuff away to keep local departments on a tight leash. You want the cool toys? You gotta enforce our laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

LOL the OP sure picked the wrong place to drop this steaming pile of Bircher propaganda. Maybe it would have been better received if his fonts were bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I find the story a bit hard to believe. We've been arming local police departments to the teeth over the past few decades with decommissioned military equipment. So suddenly he's gonna take all that away?
    Disarming local authority makes it easier for Obama to tighten his iron fist of the federal government around the necks of the American People.

Have we forgotten Obama's promise to create his own Civilian National Security Force which he has been importing from Mexico, Central America, and now Syria?

I imagine most posters here recall the Tiananmen Square Massacre of 1989. But I suspect it is not common knowledge that a couple of divisions of the People’s Liberation Army were brought in from remote provinces to deal with the protestors because it was thought local divisions would not fire upon the protestors and could actually be supporters of the uprising.

Since Obama’s election the estimated number of Muslims acquiring permanent residency in the United States has jumped to about 100,000 a year, many of whom are from the war torn Mid East countries where one religious faction lives to kill the other. In addition we also have the tens of thousands invading our borders from Mexico and Central America.

JWK

Last edited by johnwk; 11-28-2015 at 10:00 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Disarming local authority makes it easier for Obama to tighten his iron fist of the federal government around the necks of the American People.

Have we forgotten Obama's promise to create his own Civilian National Security Force which he has been importing from Mexico, Central America, and now Syria?

I imagine most posters here recall the Tiananmen Square Massacre of 1989. But I suspect it is not common knowledge that a couple of divisions of the People’s Liberation Army were brought in from remote provinces to deal with the protestors because it was thought local divisions would not fire upon the protestors and could actually be supporters of the uprising.

Since Obama’s election the estimated number of Muslims acquiring permanent residency in the United States has jumped to about 100,000 a year, many of whom are from the war torn Mid East countries where one religious faction lives to kill the other. In addition we also have the tens of thousands invading our borders from Mexico and Central America.

JWK
    Sure, it would make it easier *if* local PD or Sheriff offices had any inclination whatsoever to resist federal tyranny.

The method of operation for the past several decades has been to 'buy' the support of local law enforcement with cool gadgetry and firepower, in exchange for them carrying out unconstitutional federal policies with those toys. I just skeptical of the story, because I don't think Obama has any plans to reverse that trend. Why disarm local law enforcement departments when it is much more viable to usurp them and use them as extensions of the federal government?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    How can the OP be a member since '08 and be so ignorant?
    And why were those police not punished? Were they not acting beyond their constitutionally authorized duties?
    JWK
    HVAC's doppleganger.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ution%92s-plan!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What am I supposed to glean from your above post?

JWK

Just for the record my friend, when I was born my folks lived in East Harlem, and I spent the first 20-25 years of my life growing up with Blacks and Puerto Ricans. So I do understand your hatred toward scumbag cops. I saw with my own eyes and suffered the consequences of the types you refer to. Aside from that, my only advice is to make the distinction between those officers who are honorable and do put their lives on the line for community members, regardless of their skin color, from the few pieces of $#@! who abuse their office of public trust.

Sincerely!

JWK
    [/size]
    You admit that there are scumbag cops.
    You also think there are noble cops.
    If they were really interested in protecting people, why do they even leave their locker room?

You say "grew up" so I assume at least a decade has passed since you saw this evidence. Was that not enough time to clean up the department?
    FFS, dude, the entire third Reich rose and fell in a decade. And you expect us to believe that a bunch of people who are "trying to protect us" can't even broach the topic of their corrupt thug coworkers in a similar amount of time?

I pointed out when Freddie Gray was murdered that they have a term for what they did: it is called a 'nickel ride', named after amusement park rides that cost five cents. Amusement park rides haven't cost a nickel since the 40's. That means that they've had a specific name for that abuse for at least 70 years. It also means that they've been doing it frequently enough that about four generations of kids who grew up with three dollar rides to learn the old name for it.

No, sorry, but you lose the 'there are good cops' argument, and you lose it by a lot. The only place we have any actual evidence that thee is any such thing as an objectively good cop is in theaters and on TV.
    Reality has a very different story to tell. Reality shows us that the idea youre trying to spread here is horse$#@!.

It is really easy to see if you spend some time dwelling on the fact that Andy Taylor is a character on a tv show. And frankly we are several years past the time when you should have come to this conclusion.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Sure, it would make it easier *if* local PD or Sheriff offices had any inclination whatsoever to resist federal tyranny.
    I can't speak for other local PD or Sheriff Departments, but most of the rank and file Sheriff Deputies and families which my family know here in Pinellas County are very aware and concerned about our federal government's lust for power, and I do not believe they would turn on their neighbors should the federal government attempt an armed take over. Likewise, a number of vets who have returned from the middle east are also concerned about our federal government and tell me the vast majority of our military personal would not turn against the American People and are likewise concerned over this Administration's overreach.

What I am sure of is, we are living in very dangerous times with a number of threats to the vey fabric of our system of government, and I hope cool minds and wisdom prevails over knee-jerk reaction and "libertarian" extremism which amounts to anarchy!

JWK

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If they were really interested in protecting people, why do they even leave their locker room? . . . snipped.

What an absurd and adolescent post.

JWK

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If they were really interested in protecting people, why do they even leave their locker room?

You say "grew up" so I assume at least a decade has passed since you saw this evidence. Was that not enough time to clean up the department?
    FFS, dude, the entire third Reich rose and fell in a decade. And you expect us to believe that a bunch of people who are "trying to protect us" can't even broach the topic of their corrupt thug coworkers in a similar amount of time?

I pointed out when Freddie Gray was murdered that they have a term for what they did: it is called a 'nickel ride', named after amusement park rides that cost five cents. Amusement park rides haven't cost a nickel since the 40's. That means that they've had a specific name for that abuse for at least 70 years. It also means that they've been doing it frequently enough that about four generations of kids who grew up with three dollar rides to learn the old name for it.

No, sorry, but you lose the 'there are good cops' argument, and you lose it by a lot. The only place we have any actual evidence that thee is any such thing as an objectively good cop is in theaters and on TV.
    Reality has a very different story to tell. Reality shows us that the idea youre trying to spread here is horse$#@!.

It is really easy to see if you spend some time dwelling on the fact that Andy Taylor is a character on a tv show. And frankly we are several years past the time when you should have come to this conclusion.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

I can't speak for other local PD or Sheriff Departments, but most of the rank and file Sheriff Deputies and families which my family know here in Pinellas County are very aware and concerned about our federal government's lust for power, and I do not believe they would turn on their neighbors should the federal government attempt an armed take over. Likewise, a number of vets who have returned from the middle east are also concerned about our federal government and tell me the vast majority of our military personal would not turn against the American People and are likewise concerned over this Administration's overreach.

What I am sure of is, we are living in very dangerous times with a number of threats to the vey fabric of our system of government, and I hope cool minds and wisdom prevails over knee-jerk reaction and "libertarian" extremism which amounts to anarchy!

JWK
    The government you claim to want to protect has brought the country to the state it's in.

Why would you want to continue with what obviously hasn't been working?

When those kops you and your family know refuse to work for any federally funded entity then maybe they'd be worth giving a listen to until then they're just more federal whores paying lip-service to "The American Way of Life"...

People drawing checks from DC cannot be trusted to oppose DC.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The government you claim to want to protect has brought the country to the state it's in.

Your premise is in error. What I support and defend is our written Constitution and its documented legislative intent. I do not support any government elected under our Constitution which acts in rebellion to our Constitution.

JWK

I can't speak for other local PD or Sheriff Departments, but most of the rank and file Sheriff Deputies and families which my family know here in Pinellas County are very aware and concerned about our federal government's lust for power, and I do not believe they would turn on their neighbors should the federal government attempt an armed take over.

Likewise, a number of vets who have returned from the middle east are also concerned about our federal government and tell me the vast majority of our military personal would not turn against the American People and are likewise concerned over this Administration's overreach.

JWK
    I already pointed out a major "real life" situation where they did just that.

Your pals on the police force will follow orders when the time comes.

They will follow orders, ruthlessly, and with no regard for friendship, family standing, or position in town.

And you will be left standing there, disarmed and helpless, (or worse), wondering what the $#@! just happened.

Your premise is in error. What I support and defend is our written Constitution and its documented legislative intent. I do not support any government elected under our Constitution which acts in rebellion to our Constitution.

JWK
    And who is gonna call them on that?

Rest assured, the government judges will be sure to declare everything the government is doing is legal and constitutional.

JWK
    Which "premise" is in error?

That you claim to want to protect the government that has brought us to the state we're in?

Or that you want to continue with what hasn't been working?

I can only respond to what you type..........

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    If this is true, good. Take away every gun away from these low-IQ uniformed state thugs, and we'll all be a lot safer.
    Yes, then we have no excuse for getting rid of all guns.

Then we can be safe like London.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

I don't have a problem with kops having guns when they're not "on duty" and protected by qualified immunity.

Even stupid people should be armed.

I don't have a problem with kops having guns when they're not "on duty" and protected by qualified immunity.

Even stupid people should be armed.
    Ya, there are sometimes good reasons to infringe the 2nd amendment
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Ya, there are sometimes good reasons to infringe the 2nd amendment
    Such as the government has done to "felons"?

Kops have maimed and killed more people acting under the color of law than felons have.

That said, I'm good with absolutely no restrictions on firearm ownership/possession and absolutely no qualified immunity...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which "premise" is in error?

That you claim to want to protect the government that has brought us to the state we're in?

Or that you want to continue with what hasn't been working?

I can only respond to what you type..........
    And you intentionally ignore what I type.

JWK

How would they take away all the guns without the state-sanctioned armed robbers and murders around to enforce it?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    How would they take away all the guns without the state-sanctioned armed robbers and murders around to enforce it?
    The same way Great Britain did it, by asking nicely I guess
    - Kim Kardashian

We, as citizens, have to redefine our local police service to us. It has gone on too long with the police deciding what they will enforce and how as well as what weapons "they" chose to use against us.

The current situation makes as much sense as the lowest workers in a company deciding their job duties and priorities within the company with no regard for those paying them. Most of their duties would consist of making things harder on management and losing company revenue while increasing their own. Who needs them?

I guarantee revenue collecting activities like tickets would move from the top to the bottom. What really needs to happen is the citizens have to detach their local police departments completely from the federal and state governments.

State and federal resources should only be used when specifically asked for and local LE retains lead supervisory positions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast