Thread: New “Bull$#@!” Facebook and Snapchat ads America’s Liberty PAC

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been using "bullsh*t" alot of late. Seems that pretty much everything we hear is...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Does Rand Paul have geek chic? Has he said anything about CISA? He takes advantage of so many web platforms, by comparison didn't Lindsay Graham have a flip phone. Rand Paul seems like the only one running who even knows what encryption is. Why does he say Benghazi is the worse thing Clinton did, she failed to secure classified state secrets why should we trust her with top secret information ever again?

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    That was great.

I loved the little part at the end, almost under his breath:

"Are we allowed to use profanity? Is this a free speech zone?"
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Is this really going to help him? Is using words like that and then making ads about it really going to help him with social conservatives in Iowa? To me it just seems like the entire campaign has just been completely tone deaf from the very beginning. I don't understand the reasoning behind all of this. It just really seems like it sends mixed messaging to run ads like this and then run ads in Iowa highlighting Rand's Christian faith.
    Last edited by Brett85; 11-25-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Is this really going to help him? Is using words like that and then making ads about it really going to help him with social conservatives in Iowa? To me it just seems like the entire campaign has just been completely tone deaf from the very beginning. I don't understand the reasoning behind all of this.
    No, it's not going to help him in Iowa or anywhere. Most Republicans don't care about being spied on illegally. So hopefully the campaign didn't spend much money on this...
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    No, it's not going to help him in Iowa or anywhere. Most Republicans don't care about being spied on illegally. So hopefully the campaign didn't spend much money on this...
    Yeah, unfortunately I've seen polls which show that the vast majority of Americans are now in favor of these massive government surveillance programs. The rise of ISIS and the attack in Paris seem to have people willing to give up their freedoms for a false sense of security. I don't think Rand should focus on this issue at all.

Yeah, unfortunately I've seen polls which show that the vast majority of Americans are now in favor of these massive government surveillance programs. The rise of ISIS and the attack in Paris seem to have people willing to give up their freedoms for a false sense of security. I don't think Rand should focus on this issue at all.

Those polls are usually worded around the narrative misnomer the MSM is pushing that massive government surveillance programs keep us safer because they can prevent stuff like what happened in Paris from happening. His argument he is making is that this is bull$#@!. They wanna use dishonest arguments and talking points and pigeon hole people this is just like the abortion argument and the polls are similar. It's not black and white, most people don't want mostly alive babies to be aborted.

Is this really going to help him? Is using words like that and then making ads about it really going to help him with social conservatives in Iowa? To me it just seems like the entire campaign has just been completely tone deaf from the very beginning. I don't understand the reasoning behind all of this. It just really seems like it sends mixed messaging to run ads like this and then run ads in Iowa highlighting Rand's Christian faith.
    The campaign didn't spend any money on them, they are from Americas Liberty PAC.

And these aren't mass market ads. They are directly targeted to students and young people. They aren't being aired on TV or radio.

The two short ones are for Snapchat, and the other is for Facebook. On Facebook they can set the audience to only show the ad to 18-24 year olds in Iowa if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    The campaign didn't spend any money on them, they are from Americas Liberty PAC.

And these aren't mass market ads. They are directly targeted to students and young people. They aren't being aired on TV or radio.

The two short ones are for Snapchat, and the other is for Facebook. On Facebook they can set the audience to only show the ad to 18-24 year olds in Iowa if they wanted.
    Yeah I was going to say the only people that really care about illegal spying are the 18-29 year olds in general and us Libertarians. So if these ads can target such small age group, then smart move.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Abusing words like dumb*** and bull**** may be a smaller sin than abusing words like damn and hell, but it probably still does the campaign more harm than good. Personally I'd like to see Rand try to turn over a new leaf in this area.

I'm not saying this from a holier-than-thou perspective. Potty-mouthing under my breath when I'm irritated is one of my own most persistent vices. I just think we ought to keep trying to do better.

Yeah I was going to say the only people that really care about illegal spying are the 18-29 year olds in general and us Libertarians. So if these ads can target such small age group, then smart move.
    Ya these are targeted ads.. barely anybody over 30 uses snapchat and facebook is still overwhelmingly young people.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya these are targeted ads.. barely anybody over 30 uses snapchat and facebook is still overwhelmingly young people.
    That last statement is not true. Just sayin', from a factual standpoint.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

BULL$#@!.....it's is fine, so some fire in the belly and hit em hard. N
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Evans View Post
    Abusing words like dumb*** and bull**** may be a smaller sin than abusing words like damn and hell, but it probably still does the campaign more harm than good. Personally I'd like to see Rand try to turn over a new leaf in this area.

I'm not saying this from a holier-than-thou perspective. Potty-mouthing under my breath when I'm irritated is one of my own most persistent vices. I just think we ought to keep trying to do better.
    Yeah, and I just don't think it makes him look very Presidential to use those kinds of words. And it's an inconsistent message to go around talking like that and then run ads in Iowa highlighting his Christian faith. What Rand is doing just isn't working. Ron Paul in 2012 actually ran a far better campaign, even though he was more hardcore libertarian overall on the issues. But Ron spent a lot of time targeting Christian conservatives and appealing to them on issues that they agree on, like homeschooling, repealing Roe v. Wade, protecting religious liberty, etc. I haven't seen Rand do much of that.

You know i just think someone needs to call people out for their poppycock. I mean I am tired of their shenanigans every time they try to push these policies and wars after terror attacks. I don't understand why people would ever fall for their bullocks. I dunno about you guys but I can't really think of any other euphemisms off hand that really match the attitude he is trying to tap in to. Some criticisms I've heard of Rand have been that he isn't pissed off enough at the establishment, or at least as pissed off as the voters are so he wasn't matching sentiments.

Besides BS is a figure of speech nowadays but maybe you have to be a certain age before it sounds bad to your ears or something. Just sounds like some politically correct kind of stuff to me, but like others said at least maybe they can target these ads to hopefully people like me.

Everyone should remember these are specifically for Snapchat...so yes, they're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

BS! BS! BS!

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) is criticizing Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) for supporting legislation that he says weakened intelligence programs. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/17/marco-rubio-ted-cruz-rand-paul-weak-intelligence

CIA operatives and their congressional allies instantly attempted to heap blame for the atrocity on several preexisting adversaries: Internet encryption, Silicon Valley's privacy policies and Edward Snowden. http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...126-story.html

Last edited by nikcers; 11-27-2015 at 06:36 PM.

New York Times: 2016 Candidates Are Cursing More, and on Purpose

"Such frequent, deliberate cursing by presidential candidates addressing campaign audiences in this election cycle seems to be without modern precedent."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/28/us...n-purpose.html

These forums continue to drive the national political discussion.