Thread: Rand Paul super PAC launches ad buy ahead of Iowa, N.H.

Rand Paul super PAC launches ad buy ahead of Iowa, N.H.

Rand Paul super PAC launches ad buy ahead of Iowa, N.H.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...#ixzz3sXCV0OKC

A Rand Paul super PAC, hoping to give the struggling candidate a burst of momentum, is launching what it describes as its opening offensive ahead of the Iowa and New Hampshire nominating contests.

The group, America’s Liberty PAC, is purchasing $500,000 in radio airtime in order to boost the Kentucky senator. America’s Liberty PAC will run five separate flights of advertisements – each flight lasts about 10 days – with the first one beginning this weekend.

The first flight, it says, will consist of two ads. One, focusing on Paul’s faith, will air on Christian-focused stations. Religious voters are expected to play an especially central role in Iowa.

Another, which highlights Paul’s plan to combat the Islamic State, will air on news, sports, country and other stations. “In the face of deadly attacks by ISIS, who will keep us safe? While politicians in both parties push liberal immigration policies that put us at risk, Paul is looking to strengthen our security,” says the ad. (While the commercial does not explicitly mention Paul’s Republican rival Marco Rubio, Paul has accused Rubio of embracing a weak-on-immigration approach that leaves the country vulnerable.)

In total, America’s Liberty PAC plans to produce 10 radio ads to air over the five flights. The group’s strategists say the radio commercials are the “first salvo” in a final march to the Iowa and New Hampshire contests. It also plans to roll out TV ads, direct mail and a digital program in the coming weeks.

Rand Paul for Peace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good deal. Hope some polls will start reflecting some numbers that even the media won't be able to bury.

Nice that SOMEONE is going after the BIG VOTING BLOCK in Iowa called Christians.

And the other ad takes on Trump and Cruz in regards to keeping us safe from potential terrorists making Rand look just as tough.

Not sure if radio ads have much pull or swing to voters.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    How do they have any money?
    By not blowing it all early the way that Bush and Kasich have been doing. Pay attention and you'll learn something.

It sucks that they're not running ads directly trying Rubio and the rest of the GOP warmongers to Hillary on foreign policy. That seems like something that would clearly differentiate Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dog View Post
    It sucks that they're not running ads directly trying Rubio and the rest of the GOP warmongers to Hillary on foreign policy. That seems like something that would clearly differentiate Rand.
    Its coming in January, patience.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Its coming in January, patience.
    January will be too late if he doesn't make the next debate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Ron Paul was polling around 10% in Iowa in November 2011. It wasn't until tens of thousands of people stepped up to mail Super Brochures did he surge.
    Do not pay attention to this nonsense. The "Super Brochures" were not the reason Ron started climbing in the polls. Many people who received them complained about them and the official campaign was against them.

And let's not forget the thousands of dollars those pushing the brochures made for themselves...

If you're going to donate money, then donate to the official campaign or one of the official PACs. Do not waste your money on the brochures.

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Super Bro

The Super Brochure could actually hurt Rand. Anyone seriously considering this should start with these threads:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-and-Stickers
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-Brochures-No
    Last edited by nayjevin; 11-27-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The Super Brochure could actually hurt Rand. Anyone seriously considering this should start with these threads:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-and-Stickers
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-Brochures-No
    I'm not donating to the Super Brochure this time around. If and when I manage to max out donations to Rand directly, I'll be looking at one of the Super PACs or maybe do some phone work. I was handing out slim-jims left and right back in 2007 and I was astonished at how many people were throwing them away while still being in my line of sight. Most people in this country don't like to read, it's part of how we got the government that we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I'm not donating to the Super Brochure this time around. If and when I manage to max out donations to Rand directly, I'll be looking at one of the Super PACs or maybe do some phone work. I was handing out slim-jims left and right back in 2007 and I was astonished at how many people were throwing them away while still being in my line of sight. Most people in this country don't like to read, it's part of how we got the government that we currently have.
    That's my view as well.

We all want to do something on our own, but the bottom line is that the campaign has the best lists to target people, and the lowest overhead in doing so.

Probably the best thing we can do is maximize the amount of cheddar we funnel towards them, and then - after that - volunteer for them.

If you're maxed out (or a non-US citizen), donate to Gage. He takes hella good photos that occasionally show up on the big sites.

If you're maxed out (or a non-US citizen), donate to Gage. He takes hella good photos that occasionally show up on the big sites.
    seconded

My only objection would be to the word "occasionally."

Gage's good work show's up all the time, in alternative and mainstream media.

...if the man were more selfish, and demanded royalties, he'd be a rich SOB.

But he's doing it out of zeal for the cause, trying to maximize the reach of the images, so he does it for free.

Godspeed Gage, let us know when you need funding again.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 11-25-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Yes, the campaign can use money the most efficiently, and your time is best spent doing phone from home.

Super Brochures were made by amateurs who probably took a decent chunk of profit margin. People don't read them and if you want your money wasted, go buy them.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    seconded

My only objection would be to the word "occasionally."

Gage's good work show's up all the time, in alternative and mainstream media.

...if the man were more selfish, and demanded royalties, he'd be a rich SOB.

But he's doing it out of zeal for the cause, trying to maximize the reach of the images, so he does it for free.

Godspeed Gage, let us know when you need funding again.
    Thanks for the kind words. It's hard and relentless work, but I always enjoy my photos being used for the good. Especially by the campaign, which I offer to them for free.

If you wanna donate, I'm always open to it cuz it means more photography trips! Just PM me if you're interested.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm donating to the campaign. In fact, after the CNN story, I just donated again...another $20.16. I like to contribute in small amounts over a long period of time because I don't want to max out early and so when others are maxed out people like me can continue to donate and show grassroots support.

I suspect the PAC may have looked through some polling numbers and discovered Rand was weak among politically motivated Christian voters in Iowa and those worried about the refugee problem and national security. So they think some targeted radio ads (mostly for Iowa it seems) will change minds.

Unfortunately, in my opinion these ads are reactive rather than proactive. They try to address weaknesses rather than highlight strengths or find creative ways to position Rand on these question which can attract a wide range of voters. Rand is a Christian you say? Wonderful! So is everyone else who is running. Rand wants to make us secure? Bully! I have yet to meet a politician who campaigned on making America weak and afraid. And again, why does his team think it matters that he calls himself a "conservative" when the leading candidate in the race has never claimed such a mantle and has some fairly liberal views?

You can highlight the refugee plan if you wish or tell people your determination to protect the borders. But it's just common sense that the refugee problems ends when the wars end and that's what I would highlight in an ad. Rand is the only candidate running planning to end the wars and stop the refugees crisis, defeat ISIS and stop the Saudis and their jihadist ideology. Who else is saying that? No one. So why doesn't Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    And again, why does his team think it matters that he calls himself a "conservative" when the leading candidate in the race has never claimed such a mantle and has some fairly liberal views?
    Trump is largely a name recognition phenomena ('celebrity factor') and his 'success' isn't reflective of the base. You make some good points, but I think we can assume decisions are made based on internal polling (which must be more accurate than clickbait polling.)
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.