Thread: Turkey has spent years allowing jihadist groups to flourish...

Turkey has spent years allowing jihadist groups to flourish...

Turkey has spent years allowing jihadist groups to flourish - so beware its real reasons for shooting down a Russian plane

Turkey is getting desperate. Under President Recep Tayip Erdogan and his party, the Justice and Development Party (AKP), its policies toward the conflict in Syria over the past four years have been misguided and costly. When conflict broke out in 2011, Ankara mistakenly under-estimated the strength of the Assad regime and supported hardline Islamist groups seeking its downfall. In the process, Turkey also marginalised the Kurds and alienated regional powers like Iran.

Four years on, Assad looks set to hold onto power and his regime will be a central part of a transition plan, one that foreign powers were negotiating last weekend. Turkey’s regional rival, Iran, is a key player which can no longer be ignored by the West. Not only does the pro-Assad alliance now have Russian support firmly on its side, but the international community is no longer focused on defeating the regime – instead, it is concerned with defeating jihadist groups like Isis.

The shift in focus is a significant drawback for Erdogan. Years of support for, and investment in, Islamic fundamentalist groups like Jabhat al-Nusra (Al-Qaeda’s affiliate in Syria) and Ahrar al-Sham are about to go to waste. Ankara has played a significant role in allowing Isis and other jihadists to flourish in Syria and the region. Turkey has acquiesced to jihadist groups entering Syria via Turkey as well as their use of Turkey as a transit point for smuggling arms and funds into Syria.

Read more at link. http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a6747161.html
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All this time, I thought Turkey was one of the good guys...

So much for that line of thinking.

Now it's time to dump these Jihadist $#@!ers before they get us into big trouble!

Turkey knows how to commit genocide. They seem to want to know how to commit suicide.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Turkey knows how to commit genocide. They seem to want to know how to commit suicide.
    True. May the memory of the murdered Armenians be eternal. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Now where would Turkey ever get the idea that supporting radical jihadists against another government is a good idea?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A big motivation for Turkey is they are very much opposed to Kurd's in Northern Iraq. They frequently carry out attacks against them near the Northern border. I assume Turkey probably supports ISIS for this purpose of preventing the Kurd's from gaining any political influence in the region.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    True. May the memory of the murdered Armenians be eternal. :'(
    Funny actually how where I live, the Netherlands, it is ILLEGAL and punishable with time in jail to deny the holocaust. Yet, the same government who says they are for freedom of speech has still not said that the Armenian genocide actually was a genocide. They'll do everything to appease Turkey.

It's quite funny, really, people say Iran is the problem in the Middle-East or Israel... The Palestinians, the Saudis etc. I must say I've never considered Turkey to be a big factor in all of this but as it appears now, well, they might be among the biggest instigators in the region. With NATO as their backup in case everything goes tits up.

There's a lot of Turks living around here, most of them are pretty decent people, I don't think there are many extremists among them. Turkey itself has changed for the worse though. It used to be a secular and relatively free country. I don't think either of these things are true today.
    "I am a bird"

From a year ago:

US Navy sailors harassed, assaulted in Turkey

Anger against the U.S. has risen in Turkey following U.S. airstrikes in support of Kurdish fighters battling Islamic State radicals in the northern Syrian city of Kobani near the Turkish border. There are approximately 2,000 U.S. troops currently stationed in Turkey with the vast majority operating out of Incirlik Air Base in southern Turkey, according to Stars and Stripes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's all in the family.

Bush backs Obama, Turkey in Russian warplane dispute ...
    7 hours ago - Jeb Bush said Wednesday he supports Turkey in the dispute that resulted in Russian warplane being shot down Tuesday near the border ...

Pentagon backs Turkey's version of events, blames 'incursion'
    www.washingtontimes.com/.../pentagon-backs-tu...
    1 day ago - Pentagon backs Turkey's version of events, blames 'incursion' of Russian jet ....

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic