Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KY Governor to challenge Rand Paul for Senate seat

Post KY Governor to challenge Rand Paul for Senate seat

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    God I hope this is a joke....

How many governors ran for senate ever?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    If that goof runs then the KYDems are in real trouble. He's far worse than Conway!

Hey, at least Rand can count on support from Mitch Mcconnell.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Hoax would be my guess..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Y'all thought the Dems would roll over and let Rand coast to re-election unchallenged? That almost never happens.

There's no way this is true. Even if it was, there isn't a candidate in Kentucky, Dem or Rep, who could beat Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He always seemed like the logical choice. He consistently has the highest favorables of any politician in the state. I don't see why this wouldn't be a very tough race. I don't know anything about KY politics other than the polls so maybe I am missing something.

He won governor in 2011 by 20 pts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentuc...election,_2011

He won by 17 in 2007 against the incumbent https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentuc...election,_2007

It would be dumb to discount this. Rand is in for a fight if it is true, we need to worry about this senate seat sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    There's no way this is true. Even if it was, there isn't a candidate in Kentucky, Dem or Rep, who could beat Rand.
    ^^this

Frankly, I hope the OP's article is true.

...one couldn't ask for a better (by which I mean worse) opponent than that pajama-wearing nincompoop.

Rand worrying about Kentucky is about like Boxer worrying about California. On its face, it just isn't credible. By all means, George Soros, throw your money down the toilet.

So I guess that explains him restoring ex-felons' right to vote...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dog View Post
    So I guess that explains him restoring ex-felons' right to vote...
    Yes, that will help his party for many years to come, but they do deserve to vote.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Rand will hopefully be the nominee, and Thomas Massie will be the senator

There are seats that the democrats have a chance of throwing money at for a win, then there is Rand's seat.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Prior to the 18th Amendment most Senators were former Governors
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Bring it on. Democrats are desperate. The Bevin election showed that being a D in KY is just not a viable option, especially in a federal race.

"If that goof runs then the KYDems are in real trouble. He's far worse than Conway! "

Conway has lost two statewide elections in a row, Breshar was elected and re-elected. Yeah he's a real slouch.

Not only that but he's someone whose going to raise a good amount of money to win.

Given this announcement, and if there no significant leap in Rand's poll numbers in the next few weeks, look for the pressure to be applied again to Rand to abandon his Presidential run.

Steve Beshear is probably the strongest candidate for Senate that the Democrats have.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    It would be dumb to discount this. Rand is in for a fight if it is true, we need to worry about this senate seat sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    "If that goof runs then the KYDems are in real trouble. He's far worse than Conway! "

Conway has lost two statewide elections in a row, Breshar was elected and re-elected. Yeah he's a real slouch.

Not only that but he's someone whose going to raise a good amount of money to win.

Given this announcement, and if there no significant leap in Rand's poll numbers in the next few weeks, look for the pressure to be applied again to Rand to abandon his Presidential run.
    LOL here come the Sunny Day Randwagoners, right on cue.

Beshear is probably the only Democrap in Kentucky that could realistically challenge Rand for his seat.

"LOL here come the Sunny Day Randwagoners, right on cue."

And your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid is what?

They wait impatiently for the next Politico article declaring Rand's campaign over and done, and trip over each other trying to be the first to post...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They wait impatiently for the next Politico article declaring Rand's campaign over and done, and trip over each other trying to be the first to post...
    You make it sound like they work at politico or something

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Prior to the 18th Amendment most Senators were former Governors
    17th?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    17th?
    Governors were all alcoholics.

I'm from KY. Dems outnumber Reps by like 2 to 1. KY is mostly ran by Dems. But nationally, they vote Rep the vast majority of the time.

PPP polls over the past months and whenever they've taken them have shown a positive trend for Rand in head to head matchups with Beshear. It's old vs new again. Look at the poor recruits the Dems are getting. A washed up ex governor in Ohio, and a sort of lame-duck in Beshear. His agenda was just repudiated in the last election. He was out promoting Obamacare and KYnect. Rand can easily slam him on those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    I'm from KY. Dems outnumber Reps by like 2 to 1. KY is mostly ran by Dems. But nationally, they vote Rep the vast majority of the time.
    It used to be that way.

The latest stats show registration is 50% Democrats, 40% GOP, 10% other/independent and trending Republican.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast