Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand in 5th in Iowa at 5% leading Bush

Rand in 5th in Iowa at 5% leading Bush

Rand Paul for Peace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    great news! So, that probably means that he's at an easy 15% once the independents and youth are factored.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Leading Bush....and still trailing Trump, Cruz, Carson, and Rubio. Call it what it is.

Cruz at 23%. What a joke.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Leading Bush....and still trailing Trump, Cruz, Carson, and Rubio. Call it what it is.
    Not after February 1st.
    Rand Paul for Peace

LIKELY REP CAUCUS-GOERS............................................
    Wht POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY
    Tea BrnAgn CONSERVATIVE Mod/ COLLEGE DEG
    Tot Party Evang Very Smwht Lib Men Wom Yes No
    Bush 4% 1% 3% 1% 1% 13% 3% 6% 6% 3%
    Carson 18 18 24 18 20 15 15 23 17 18
    Christie 2 - 2 1 4 3 2 3 3 2
    Cruz 23 42 27 38 17 6 21 26 20 25
    Fiorina 3 2 3 2 4 4 3 4 4 3
    Gilmore - - - - - - - - - -
    Graham - - - - - - - - - -
    Huckabee 2 1 2 1 3 1 2 1 1 2
    Kasich 1 - 1 - - 2 1 1 2 -
    Pataki - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul 5 8 6 3 6 9 8 1 6 5
    Rubio 13 5 8 9 16 15 13 12 18 10
    Santorum 2 1 3 2 1 1 1 2 - 2
    Trump 25 23 20 21 26 28 30 17 20 28
    DK/NA 2 - 1 3 1 2 1 4 3 2
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-e...ReleaseID=2305
    Last edited by William Tell; 11-24-2015 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Cruz at 23%. What a joke.
    So when will Cruz and Trump go at each others throats?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Does this qualify Rand for the next debate?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    It helps with his averages in Iowa, which have not been strong of late, and it also shows some upward mobility relative to other polls. I think people are misinterpreting peoples' relief at these better numbers with enthusiasm. Nobody is excited about being at 5%, but if it's enough to keep him in the main debate threshold, it is a victory, especially considering all of the damned candidates sucking up oxygen.

This is looking like Cruz's opportunity to take the lead, and it may well end with Trump ceasing to play nice with Cruz. Similarly, the fact that Rand is polling ahead of Jeb is a good thing in that it increases his viability over the long-term. Again, I stress that Rand will need to poll better in the coming weeks in order to stay in the game, but I don't really see much of a point of him being polling way out ahead of others this early on. It'll become a bit easier when the rest of the bottom-feeders drop out, which probably won't happen until closer to Iowa.

I think it is very possible that if Trump really starts tanking that he will drop out and run Independent just to avoid the embarrassment of losing a primary/caucus, and I likewise think it is possible for somebody like Carson to drop out under similar circumstances. However, guys like Rubio, Cruz, Bush and probably Kasich will hang in a good bit longer and will probably be the main ones to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I think he's at 3% now with this new poll. He needs 4%. It's good news that he's trending upwards though.

I think it is very possible that if Trump really starts tanking that he will drop out and run Independent
    There is an article at Yahoo News saying exactly this: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald...222047672.html

Property magnate Donald Trump fired a warning shot at the national Republican Party on Monday.

The GOP presidential front-runner tweeted that the Republican National Committee was reportedly "getting ready to treat me unfairly — big spending planned against me."

"That wasn't the deal!" Trump exclaimed.

The "deal" was an apparent reference to the pledge Trump signed in September to not launch an independent presidential campaign should he lose the nomination.
    I think this would be good for Rand....he would take a lot of Cruz voters with him.

\\
    Last edited by timosman; 11-24-2015 at 09:35 AM.

It might be good news that Cruz is the next front runner to replace Ben Carson. Cruz is the one imitating Rand and stealing all of his support. If Cruz can't handle the media spotlight and fails like the others have, then his supporters might go back to Rand just in time for Iowa. Anybody think this is likely or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    It might be good news that Cruz is the next front runner to replace Ben Carson. Cruz is the one imitating Rand and stealing all of his support. If Cruz can't handle the media spotlight and fails like the others have, then his supporters might go back to Rand just in time for Iowa. Anybody think this is likely or no?
    As likely as anything. This has been a very strange cycle so far.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yeah, don't know about likely, but certainly a good scenario.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Very likely by the end of January. Especially when Rand shows that he does much better than Cruz against Hillary in all the swing states.
    Last edited by LatinsforPaul; 11-24-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    Rand Paul for Peace

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This poll finally reflects the excellent performance Rand had in the last debate.
    It shows self-identifying moderates trust Rand to best handle foreign policy at 10%. So, Rand is winning the independents over with his foreign policy, great!
    Not so great, the women think we suck. Men to women is 8 to 1 for 5% overall. Ouch. Hopefully we can get Kelly in Iowa to help with that.

Apparently, college degrees make you 8% more likely to support WWIII with Rubio.

Cruz up 38-3 over Rand with "Very Conservative". Is that our best chance of growth?
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    I think he's at 3% now with this new poll. He needs 4%. It's good news that he's trending upwards though.
    I thought only this and CNN/ORC count. So that would put him at 3.5, and he would only need another 5 to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I thought only this and CNN/ORC count. So that would put him at 3.5, and he would only need another 5 to qualify.
    No I think the KBUR poll counts too. CNN listed "WBUR" but I think that's a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    No I think the KBUR poll counts too. CNN listed "WBUR" but I think that's a typo.
    It's not. WBUR polls New Hampshire.

https://www.wbur.org/2015/11/18/wbur...mp-middle-east

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    It's not. WBUR polls New Hampshire.

https://www.wbur.org/2015/11/18/wbur...mp-middle-east
    Right you are. WBUR is not KBUR. One is NH NPR, the other is an Iowa station. So Rand is at 3.5% in Iowa and NH.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Right you are. WBUR is not KBUR. One is NH NPR, the other is an Iowa station. So Rand is at 3.5% in Iowa and NH.
    Oh, right. I forgot that Gravis isn't included.

West of the Mississippi River, stations start with 'K', east start with 'W'.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    As a rule yes, but not exclusively. WBAP is a Dallas station for example.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Come on Rand, hang in there! Honestly, nobody has really fired any shots at Cruz yet.

I'll be interested to see what happens when the guns come out.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Come on Rand, hang in there! Honestly, nobody has really fired any shots at Cruz yet.

I'll be interested to see what happens when the guns come out.
    I think there's only 2 people that can take Cruz down. Remember, Cruz is the establishments self destruct button. If things don't go as planned (Bush, Rubio) let Cruz hand everything to Clinton. So you probably won't see Rubio, Kasich, or Christie go after Cruz as hard as they could.

Scenario 1: Trump recognizes that Cruz could steal Iowa, and tries to take him down in the December debate.
    Scenario 2: Rand realizes that Cruz is taking the "liberty" vote and makes a play for his voters.

Scenario 2 could backfire, so I'm hoping for number 1.

Honestly, I am a little disappointed. I expected Rand to at least break into double digits after the last debate. This is just ridiculous! Just because he is ahead of Bush or Fiorina now, isn't necessarily a good thing. He SHOULD be ahead of them. So the fact this is news now, not so good.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Honestly, I am a little disappointed. I expected Rand to at least break into double digits after the last debate. This is just ridiculous! Just because he is ahead of Bush or Fiorina now, isn't necessarily a good thing. He SHOULD be ahead of them. So the fact this is news now, not so good.
    Nobody said this would be easy. Rand has a the deck stacked against him. Gotta grind out delegates wherever we can get them.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Not always. KDKA is in Pittsburgh, PA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast