Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Military Plane Near Syrian Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dog View Post
    Especially a "violation" that lasts 17 $#@!ing seconds.

Ah the good old days, I went to their concert in the early 80's in Amsterdam. Stuck out like a sore thumb amongst all the gothic crowd. But they didn't care and passed the hashish pipe along. The concert was boring.
    Last edited by Danke; 11-26-2015 at 10:30 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Majority of the worlds Muslims are Sunnis but the Saudis have a large number of salafists/Wahhabi type Muslims. These are the ones more prone to terrorism and in fact are responsible for the vast majority of Islamic terrorism. Think Boko haram, ISIS, Al Qaeda and the likes
    This militant form of Islam is spreading because those violent tendicies and searching for wordly glory are not limited to salafists/wahhabist.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dog View Post
    Especially a "violation" that lasts 17 $#@!ing seconds.
    All the while, Turkey violates other sovereign nations' borders all the time. The hippocricy is astounding.
    +

duplicate post
    Last edited by TER; 11-26-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    +

Stumbling to War With Russia?
    http://buchanan.org/blog/stumbling-t...-russia-124334
    Why is he risking a clash with Russia?

Answer: Erdogan is probably less outraged by intrusions into his air space than by Putin’s success in securing the Syrian regime of Bashar Assad, whom Erdogan detests, and by relentless Russian air strikes on Turkmen rebels seeking to overthrow Assad.

Indeed, it now seems clear that in Syria’s civil war, Turkey is on the rebel-jihadist side, with Russia, Iran and Hezbollah on the side of the Syrian regime.

But whose side are we on?

As for what strategy and solution President Obama offers, and how exactly he plans to achieve it, it remains an enigma.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    This militant form of Islam is spreading because those violent tendicies and searching for wordly glory are not limited to salafists/wahhabist.
    Oh please. Name some examples of these "violent tendencies" that are outside the salafists/wahhabists? I doubt you even know what the salafists/wahhabists are. You are too stuck in your "Christians are good Muslims are bad" mindset to think outside the box. Go pray the bad away and leave the thinking to us rational people.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

I've been trying to understand how a plane can fly a little over 1 mile in 17 seconds. Wouldn't that mean they are stalling? Can SU 24's fly that slow?

The simple math is painting a scary picture that this is a major unprovoked attack on a superpower with massive military capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    The simple math is painting a scary picture that this is a major unprovoked attack on a superpower with massive military capabilities.
    Huh? Turkey didn't attack the US, they attacked Russia
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    All the while, Turkey violates other sovereign nations' borders all the time. The hippocricy is astounding.
    It's all about maintaining a double standard, by policy. The US and its allies can violate the sovereign space or rights of other countries, but other states cannot.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Huh? Turkey didn't attack the US, they attacked Russia
    The fail is strong with this one. If America goes to war with Russia, it is over. We lose.

And even if you disagree with that, there is no denying that Russia is a superpower. It is not like turkey shot down a jet from Cuba.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The fail is strong with this one. If America goes to war with Russia, it is over. We lose.

And even if you disagree with that, there is no denying that Russia is a superpower. It is not like turkey shot down a jet from Cuba.
    You do realize you are responding to bxm042, right?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The fail is strong with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You do realize you are responding to bxm042, right?

is that relevant?

I noticed the name change..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

is that relevant?

I noticed the name change..
    I think it is, but maybe that is just me...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Lol he had me fooled...

Fail = me

If you believe what the Turks are saying, regarding the circumstances of the incident, there are two possibilities:

(a) somebody in the Turkish military forgot the rules of engagement and $#@!ed up royally, and now they're just trying to save face

or (b) this was intended to provoke a Russian response, for propaganda purposes (perhaps to provide justification for a "no fly zone")

If you believe what the Russians are saying about the incident, then it's almost certainly the latter (which'd be my guess).

^^^^^^
    It's also possible that the jet wasn't shot down by Turkish military. Easy scapegoat though.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ^^^^^^
    It's also possible that the jet wasn't shot down by Turkish military. Easy scapegoat though.
    But both sides are saying it was a Turkish F-16, so you think they're colluding to lie about it?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    But both sides are saying it was a Turkish F-16, so you think they're colluding to lie about it?
    In a manner of speaking, yes possibly. If the jet were shot down by a NATO ally instead of Turkish military, would Turkey snitch on the NATO ally? Or would Turkey refuse to apologize (as Erdogan has refused), offer an olive branch (as Erdogan did yesterday to Putin), and hope that if the downing led to a military confrontation then rely on that NATO ally to come to their aid? Just a hypothesis with little evidence but false flags usually start wars historically.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Turkish president says wishes plane downing had not happened

ANKARA, Turkey — Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday voiced regret over Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane, saying his country was "truly saddened" by the incident and wished it hadn't occurred.

It was the first expression of regret by the strongman leader since Tuesday's incident in which Turkish F-16 jets shot down the Russian jet on grounds that it had violated Turkey's airspace despite repeated warnings to change course. It was the first time in half a century that a NATO member shot down a Russian plane and drew a harsh response from Moscow
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

NATO needs to expel Turkey immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    In a manner of speaking, yes possibly. If the jet were shot down by a NATO ally instead of Turkish military, would Turkey snitch on the NATO ally? Or would Turkey refuse to apologize (as Erdogan has refused), offer an olive branch (as Erdogan did yesterday to Putin), and hope that if the downing led to a military confrontation then rely on that NATO ally to come to their aid? Just a hypothesis with little evidence but false flags usually start wars historically.
    As to motives, you're suggesting that it was ill-intended (something like, say, provoking the Russians into a response which would then give a West cause for a "no fly zone" in Syria), but it was the US (or France or whoever) who hatched and executed the plan, without Turkey's knowledge? Yea, that's plausible, I could buy that. All else being equal, Turkey does seem like it'd be less likely to poke the bear (having no nukes of its own, and neighboring said bear) than the US or France.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    NATO needs to expel Turkey immediately.

NATO needs to expel itself from NATO.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Jan2017

Russia had put a radar lock of over five minutes on Turkish F-16s on October 3 and 4 due to a Russian navigation error

http://theaviationist.com/2015/10/05...for-5-minutes/

...(b) this was intended to provoke a Russian response, for propaganda purposes (perhaps to provide justification for a "no fly zone")

If you believe what the Russians are saying about the incident, then it's almost certainly the latter (which'd be my guess).
    Yeah, except who out here do we think is going to issue such an ultimatum to Russia and expect it to... erm... "fly"?

In a head to head, old fashioned war, I am not convinced we would kick Russia's ass. We have better equipment, better pilots, and in many ways better training. But Russia has $#@!-tons of materiel and what their soldiers may lack in tech, they more than make up for with sheer, brute tough. The only Americans who think they are tougher than Russians are the ones who know nothing about them. I despise those barbaric stooges, but have to give them props for their sand, of which they have WAY more than the average American.

So issuing such an ultimatum to people like that is worth less than the sheet of toilet paper Obama just used to wipe.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

If you believe what the Turks are saying, regarding the circumstances of the incident, there are two possibilities:

(a) somebody in the Turkish military forgot the rules of engagement and $#@!ed up royally, and now they're just trying to save face

or (b) this was intended to provoke a Russian response, for propaganda purposes (perhaps to provide justification for a "no fly zone")

Russia for a while denied that their plane had even been shot down. Even after they had sent in a helicopter to try to rescue the downed pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Yeah, except who out here do we think is going to issue such an ultimatum to Russia and expect it to... erm... "fly"?

In a head to head, old fashioned war, I am not convinced we would kick Russia's ass. We have better equipment, better pilots, and in many ways better training. But Russia has $#@!-tons of materiel and what their soldiers may lack in tech, they more than make up for with sheer, brute tough. The only Americans who think they are tougher than Russians are the ones who know nothing about them. I despise those barbaric stooges, but have to give them props for their sand, of which they have WAY more than the average American.

So issuing such an ultimatum to people like that is worth less than the sheet of toilet paper Obama just used to wipe.
    As you might expect, I think shooting down Russian planes in Syria's a terrible idea - risks escalation to a nuclear war.

But the nutters in Washington seem to think the Russians'll just grin and take it.

...as far as who would actually win a conventional air war in Syria, I have to disagree with you: US, hands down.

Not only better equipment, but lots more of it, and more transport capability to get it into Syria.

...not to mention possible assistance from regional and European allies.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But the nutters in Washington seem to think the Russians'll just grin and take it.
    That is exactly what Russia will do. They may respond in some remedial way but they won't be baited into dropping the hammer. I think that was all an effort to bait them into something by shooting that plane down. Btw, Russian planes are rather fast. That plane would have had to have been in a stall to be in their airspace for as long as they said it was.

Putin says to international community (paraphrasing) "Let's all open the black box together, if you are really interested in the truth."

Well played.

Downed Su-24’s black box to reveal truth about Turkey’s treacherous strike – Putin

https://www.rt.com/news/325158-su24-...-truth-turkey/

The flight recorder of the Russian Su-24 recently downed by Turkey in Syria has been recovered and presented to President Putin, who said it must be opened in the presence of international experts to reveal truth about the treacherous “stab in the back.”
    Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu provided Russian President Vladimir Putin with the recovered flight recorder on Tuesday during their meeting in Moscow. Shoigu said that Russia has been actively conducting operations on Syrian territory, where the Russian Su-24 pilot was “gunned down” by Turkmen militants after he had ejected from the plane.

“As a result of this work, these territories were liberated by the special operations forces and the Syrian army’s special force tasked with the crew search. Surveying the area, the Syrian military found the plane’s crash site,” he said.

The militants, who “actively” fled the area, had no chance to dismantle anything which was among the debris from the plane, the minister added.

The Russian leader emphasized that the parametric flight recorder should be opened and decoded only in the presence of international experts who are genuinely interested in finding out the truth about the incident.

“As I understand, the flight data recorder will give us the opportunity to understand the Su-24's trajectory from the moment of its take-off to the moment of the crash,” Putin said. “This means we will be able to understand where it was [at the moment of the downing] and where the treacherous strike from the Turkish Air Force was dealt… in any case, we should invite everyone who wants to participate in this work.”

“But whatever we might learn will not change our attitude towards the deed by the Turkish authorities. We have considered Turkey not only a friendly country, but also as an ally in fight against terror, and no one expected such a despicable, treacherous stab in the back,” Putin added.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Putin says to international community (paraphrasing) "Let's all open the black box together, if you are really interested in the truth."

Well played.
    Love him, hate him, the guy is pretty good at the game.

12-10-2015 10:05 PM
    DFF
    Thread: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Military Plane Near Syrian Border

better at the game then you pathetic L-O-S-E-R
    Kisses. You are sooo fuggin' cute. Gootchie-goo.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic