Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Military Plane Near Syrian Border

Jan2017

CNN just reporting NATO council has emergency meeting today 5pm Brussels (11am ET) over
    Russian plane repeated violations of Turkish airspace being shot down.
    Post from merged thread above, edit with a report from Sydney paper online
    http://www.smh.com.au/world/russian-...24-gl74pt.html

The Russian Su-24 crashes after being shot down by Turkish F-16s. Inset, a Russian pilot bails out near the Turkey-Syria border.

"Our plane was shot down on Syrian territory by an air-to-air missile from an F-16. It fell on Syrian territory 4 kilometres from the Turkish border.
    It was flying at 6000 metres 1 kilometre from Turkish territory when it was attacked."

Last edited by Jan2017; 11-24-2015 at 09:47 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems unnecessary to shoot down the Russian plane even if there was the tiny little violation of Turkish airspace as shown in post #8 in this thread. Such a tiny violation can not have lasted for many seconds.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Rational gaudism - The Philosophy of Reason, Liberty and Maximization of Self-Happiness

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Violating Turkish airspace, isn't this what NATO and the US planes do all the time to Syria. Maybe its time Russia and Syria takes away NATO and USA privileges of using Syrian airspace.

Nuke the Turk-men bastards, turn the place into a glass parking lot. $#@!ing terrorists supporting $#@!s.

$#@!ing turkey they are ISIS loving bitches anyway. Only reason to do this is to start a massive war.. Turkey is scum
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

OK. $#@! got REAL when Turkey (a NATO member) shot down a Russian Fighter (with US made F16).

$#@! just got REALLY REAL... the rescue chopper sent to look for downed Russian pilot was shot down by US-backed rebels (with US made TOW missiles)... Russian pilots both dead.

Russian rescue helicopter 'shot down by Syrian rebels' while searching for pilots of plane downed by Turkey
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...t-down-6891003
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

All predicted by us morons here. ....
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/1...ian-helicopter

Video purportedly shows Syrian rebels blowing up Russian helicopter

Video has emerged purporting to show Syrian rebels blowing up a Russian helicopter searching for two pilots of a downed fighter jet.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the search and rescue helicopter had come under fire from Syrian rebels
    and was forced to land after being hit by a rocket in the province of Latakia.

The helicopter was one of two searching for the pilots of a Russian SU-24 fighters jet which had earlier been
    shot down by two Turkish F-16s near the Syrian border.

Last edited by Jan2017; 11-24-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Hey I thought the rebels did not like isis. ...Remember they are moderate /s
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I wouldn't be amazed if this border is disputed... Turkey certainly seems eager to start WW3.

I WAS RIGHT;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria–Turkey_relations
    Nice intuition.

Should I update my WW III thread?

LoL

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Turkmen brigade forces say they shot dead the two pilots as they descended with
    parachutes, a deputy commander told reporters. "Both of
    the pilots were retrieved dead. Our comrades opened fire into the air and they
    died in the air," Alpaslan Celik, deputy commander in a Syrian Turkmen brigade
    said.
    http://live.aljazeera.com/Event/Turk...ns_Russian_jet
    "The Patriarch"

Rubio just was on Fox and said we need to defend Turkey with full backing if they are retaliated against...Un-$#@!ing-believable.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Rubio just was on Fox and said we need to defend Turkey with full backing if they are retaliated against...Un-$#@!ing-believable.
    all while NATO holds an emergency meeting at this very hour in Brussels . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Anyone here seeing all this middle-east nonsense as ending well?

Anyone?

Hello?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The name of the Russian Pilot was just released.

Curiously it was "ArchDuke Ferdinand"
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Radar as released by Turkey.

I wouldn't be amazed if this border is disputed... Turkey certainly seems eager to start WW3.

I WAS RIGHT;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria–Turkey_relations
    This "incursion" is laughable. Less than two miles in? How did the Turks warn the Russians for 10 minutes? Did the bomber land in Turkey, hang out for 5 minutes and then take off again?

We warn ISIS 45 minutes in advance before we destroy their tankers but we shoot a coalition member against ISIS for a 2 mile incursion? The anti-Russian rhetoric is losing credibility at an exponential rate. So much so that I wonder if this is the intent. Not to enflame Russia but to shift the propaganda away from the West.

If Turkey is so concerned about their borders why are their anti-Russian elements less than two miles from it ready to shoot down parachuting pilots and helicopters sent to rescue them.

A lot of hard to swallow irrational actions occurring. But end result is the Western policies are being undermined daily the more the public becomes aware of the situation. The West lost moral ground, they lost economic ground, and now we are being displaced militarilyy on the world stage.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    This "incursion" is laughable. Less than two miles in? . . .
    SU-24s on a bombing sortie against Turkish supported rebels . . . so F-16s were lying in wait for the Russians to get careless or too close (?) I dunno

Russia will have to resort to electronic warfare in Syria to protect its pilots and prevent incidents similar to the downing of Russia’s Su-24 jet on Tuesday, according to Lieutenant-General Evgeny Buzhinsky; they will include both ground-based systems and equipment installed on special aircraft.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20...#ixzz3sQhNI96d
    "The Patriarch"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well 17s is enough violation to try to initiate a world war. Well $#@!ing done Turkmen. This is the sort of stuff Ben Carson was proposing and the idiot masses support him for it. God help us all.

Welcome to WWIII.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2014: the year of the rise of Salafism in and around Turkey

Salafism Infiltrates Turkish Religious Discourse

By Andrew Hammond | Jul 22, 2015

Salafi discourse has made considerable inroads in Turkey over the past 30 years, making contributions to sectarianism in ways that have yet to be fully studied and understood.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Neocons are so predictable.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Wow, Obama just said that Russia and Iran are a coalition of two. He's calling out Russia.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow, Obama just said that Russia and Iran are a coalition of two. He's calling out Russia.
    Yes I just heard it . . . Obama : "We have a coalition - of 65 nations - . . . Russia and Iran are a coalition of two"

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The Jet Fighter was shoot down on Syria's borders not Turkish.
    Kurds will have now a new ally in the region. Future regime Change operations have failed now.
    Operation Turkey Shoot

Turkey PM Ahmet Davutoğlu claims that the plane was shot down by F16's. But I haven't seen other military planes in the area. But assuming that is true the Turkish F16's knew that it was a Russian plane hence not a threat to their national security.

But PM Davutoğlu is pissed because Putin is helping Assad. People suspect he used a SAM.

Payback is a biatch.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Russia is beating isis and it is passing off our president. He sure acts like he is defending the radical muslims
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speculation: The area of Syria that the Russian plane was operating over and bombing may be territory that Turkey has decided should be Turkish territory in the near future. No doubt Turkey would like to annex parts of Syria now that it has been broken up.

There are several facts here;

1. Turkey would never shoot down a Russian aircraft if it didn't have NATO backing.

2. The violation was 17 seconds how COULD they viable have been warned for 5 minutes. Look at the radar track Turkey released.. They fly along the border all the time so either Turkey knows exactly what route Russian planes will fly in advance or they are lying.

3. Russian jets pose NO threat AT ALL to Turkey.

Leading me to conclude that Turkey is willingly dragging the rest of the world into a horrible and further escalating conflict.
    "I am a bird"

There are several facts here;

1. Turkey would never shoot down a Russian aircraft if it didn't have NATO backing.

2. The violation was 17 seconds how COULD they viable have been warned for 5 minutes. Look at the radar track Turkey released.. They fly along the border all the time so either Turkey knows exactly what route Russian planes will fly in advance or they are lying.

3. Russian jets pose NO threat AT ALL to Turkey.

Leading me to conclude that Turkey is willingly dragging the rest of the world into a horrible and further escalating conflict.
    Agreed

Turkey is the NWO's little toady and wouldn't go off script.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Agreed

Turkey is the NWO's little toady and wouldn't go off script.
    Theoretically Rubio and the rest of the neocons should be called out on supporting Turkey since in the best estimate you could call Erdogan a 'moderate' islamist but 'fundamentalist' is probably a better term.
    "I am a bird"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic