Thread: The Onion: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria

The Onion: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria

WASHINGTON—As President Obama continues to push for a plan of limited military intervention in Syria, a new poll of Americans has found that though the nation remains wary over the prospect of becoming involved in another Middle Eastern war, the vast majority of U.S. citizens strongly approve of sending Congress to Syria.
    The New York Times/CBS News poll showed that though just 1 in 4 Americans believe that the United States has a responsibility to intervene in the Syrian conflict, more than 90 percent of the public is convinced that putting all 535 representatives of the United States Congress on the ground in Syria—including Senate pro tempore Patrick Leahy, House Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and, in fact, all current members of the House and Senate—is the best course of action at this time.

more n'stuff

http://www.theonion.com/article/poll...ing-cong-33752

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Add obozo and I am in.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Add obozo and I am in.
    I'm in regardless, great idea. Put them in uniform also and call them "advisers" or something and roll them into Damascus.
    "The Patriarch"

Look at those self-righteous bafoons.

Give em a M-4, canteen and 40 pound ruck and let em have at it.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

So long as it's a oneway ticket I'm in.......

I think my country is going in a wrong direction. The resentment towards elected officials seems totally unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I think my country is going in a wrong direction. The resentment towards elected officials seems totally unjustified.
    I loath entrenched bureaucrats even more........

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love the Onion... great satire and they are always Anti-War/Pro-Peace....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

From the piece: "When asked if they believe that Sen. Rand Paul should be deployed to Syria, 100 percent of respondents said yes."

It was a half decent read up to that point.

On a one way ticket, most preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    From the piece: "When asked if they believe that Sen. Rand Paul should be deployed to Syria, 100 percent of respondents said yes."

It was a half decent read up to that point.
    It strikes me as a jab at Boobus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Anybody know if the "only 1 in 4 Americans support Syria intervention" part is true? That rings true but I'd like to see a source on that. That's pretty powerful information.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

If they were to do a real poll, it still might swing in favor of sending them to Syria.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic