Thread: Cop recklessly kills hostage in attempt to kill hostage-taker

Angry Cop recklessly kills hostage in attempt to kill hostage-taker

"Let's sling bullets at the suspect while there's a mundane hostage in the line of fire. What could go wrong?" -Officer Friendly
    http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/1...llege-student/

Imagine if you accidentally broke into someone’s house and shot them to death. You’d face some pretty serious criminal charges, right? That’s because you’re not the Nassau County police officer who fired the fatal shots that killed a Hofstra University student.
    Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice issued a 28-page report that said officer Nikolas Budimlic was not in the wrong when he opened fire in the direction of hostage Andrea Rebello, 21.
    An armed intruder was holding her hostage, during the May 17, 2013 shooting.
    Following a review of whether police personnel acted appropriately during the deadly encounter, Rice said that prosecution of the 19-year police veteran, is not warranted, according to local New York CBS 2.
    Budimlic was one of the first officers to respond to the break-in, when he found Rebello being held in her an off-campus apartment, in a headlock.
    The hostage-taker threatened to kill her if the officer didn’t lower his gun.
    Budimlic said that the hostage-taker pointed a gun at him, and he opened fire, shooting and killing Rebello.
    Budimlic said that “kept saying, ‘I’m going to kill her,’ and then he pointed the gun at the police officer.”
    County homicide squad Lt. John Azzata said that smith was hit with seven bullets, and Rebello one. There was no official word on why the officer sprayed so many bullets, or how he could have ever expected to have aimed subsequent shots when firing so rapidly.
    Still, the prosecutor’s report read, “Andrea Rebello’s death was not caused by any criminal misconduct by Officer Budimlic. Her death was caused by Dalton Smith’s decisions. Officer Budimlic reasonably perceived threats of deadly force against himself and others and acted accordingly. Though the results were unquestionably tragic, criminal charges under these circumstances would be inappropriate and legally unsustainable.”
    But firing nearly a dozen shots so quickly in the direction of a hostage was at the very least reckless. The report does not address this.
    “Police are trained to use guns and weapons. That’s part of the job,” Aaron Rodwin, a former classmate of Rebello’s said. “When they have situations like this where they might have to shoot, they need to know when is the right time to do it, and they need to also be accountable for their actions.”
    “That’s what he thought he should have done, but that was not the best call,” former Hofstra student Jared Goodman added. ”Obviously, she’s dead, and the whole Hofstra community was mourning afterwards.”

Rebello’s family has filed a “wrongful death, civil rights and negligent actions against the County of Nassau and its police officers and possibly other defendants to be named after discovery,” according to a report from Newsday.
    Do you think the officer was right to unload his gun in the direction of a hostage? What else could he have perhaps done to neutralize the situation? Should he be held accountable, or should he be immune from prosecution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Such a hero, this cop.

Hot Topics?

wheres the body cam? Highly doubt thigns went down as he described (being the only surviving witness)
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Obviously officer Nikolas Budimlic will be filing for a settlement for his mental anguish. Full retirement and millions are in his future. Well done pig.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I want to see Andrea Rebello's citizenship papers before I can comment on this event.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    wheres the body cam? Highly doubt thigns went down as he described (being the only surviving witness)
    You dare question the Heroic Officer's Official Story, mundane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

County homicide squad Lt. John Azzata said that smith was hit with seven bullets, and Rebello one. There was no official word on why the officer sprayed so many bullets, or how he could have ever expected to have aimed subsequent shots when firing so rapidly.
    Seven shots hit his intended target. That's pretty good. I've read stories where cops get 11 or 12 but I guess 7 is OK too. It got the job done. Bad guy is dead and brave Officer made it home safely.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing to see here...move along.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul