Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donald Trump says he’ll run independently if GOP doesn’t treat him ‘fairly’

The RNC will eventually call his bluff, once they know he is going to have a hard time sorting out issues with ballot access (partly due to his campaign already filing for some of the primaries).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems like a very reasonable warning, to me.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    If you don't realize by now that there are powerful people higher up than the political party operatives, you're naďve.
    Spare me the stupid cliches. Everybody knows that there are higher ups, that doesn't mean they are all on the same page. Go easy on the Alex Jones, he only works in extremely small doses and typically when normal people aren't around.

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    How do you figure Trump has no chance of winning? He's the most likely to win as things stand right now.

Unless the conspiracy nuts are right and he's deliberately intending to run 3rd party to guarantee a Clinton win.
    You really think that? That a loudmouth reality TV star is going to be potus?

Everyone freaked out last time about idiots like Bachman, Cain, Perry etc and said they were going to win. Before that it was Gulaini and some others we all forget by now. This happens every election cycle, voters flirt with unelectable candidates in early polling, but when it comes down to voting, Governors and Senators with real experience always win. That is not Trump.

It's very possible that Trump is doing all this nonsense to help the Clintons. They are well known to be friendly and don't deny it. The Clintons went to Trumps wedding.
    Last edited by 69360; 11-24-2015 at 05:29 PM.

To be honest, Ron should of made the same threat in 2012

More likely than running independent, he will endorse Hillary against the GOP nominee.

That be interesting to see a non political party candidate get elected, of course I probably won't really agree with their policies.

How ever, who ever does get in needs to maintain the NASA bill. That is definately a must. As NASA Administrator puts it, an orbital mission by 2037 and some missions to the planet by 2040 for research.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Spare me the stupid cliches. Everybody knows that there are higher ups, that doesn't mean they are all on the same page. Go easy on the Alex Jones, he only works in extremely small doses and typically when normal people aren't around.
    Spare us your stupid naďveté and the Limbaugh/Hannity narrative. (I don't listen to Alex Jones. I don't get my ideas from anyone else. I form my own opinions through observation.)
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 11-24-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Seems like a very reasonable warning, to me.
    And one that we will want to utilize ourselves in 2020 if one of our candidates topping the polls and facing a coordinated dirty tricks campaign by the RNC.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he thinks he might actually win the nomination, he might do such a thing to ensure he doesn't win and Hillary becomes President. I don't think even he thought he would be so much in the lead so close to Iowa. If he starts saying some really outlandish things (more outlandish than usual for him) while he is still so far in the lead, it is a sure giveaway that this man's intentions are not to be President. I may be completly wrong. Time will tell.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-19-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Trump is simply using the same game plan Ron Paul used in 2008- float the threat of a 3rd Party run in order to keep the GOP Establishment from completely screwing you over. The only difference between Paul and Trump is that Trump has far more leverage because of better polling numbers. Trump isn't threatening 3rd Party over "perceived" unfairness- he's threatening it over actual unfairness. These comments were in response to a report of the GOP power structure banding together to do whatever it takes to deny him the nomination. If Trump says, "I'll never run 3rd party no matter what you do to me" they will do anything and everything to screw him over. He needs something to keep them honest.

As for Trump being a shill for Hillary:

wrong. ron NEVER threatened a 3rd party run ever. he said he had no plans of doing so right from the beginning. the media are the ones who said it was a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I might be completely wrong in my assessment, but I think that Rand Paul actually fully predicted and called out Trump's game-plan right from the first debate. All these threats of running as an independent when he appears to be safely ahead if he suddenly loses his lead because of perceived "unfairness" makes me think that he plans on scuttling his own campaign with all of these idiotic theatrics he's been engaged in, all in order to run 3rd party and try to help obtain a Clinton victory in the general election.

The average GOP voter and, sadly, a fair number of former Ron Paul supporters are getting so obviously hoodwinked by the dog and pony show that it's not even funny. I get the whole thing about being pissed off over all the moochers coming in from the 3rd world and bankrupting our government and taking our tax money, but anyone foolish enough to think that Trump is being genuine here needs a strong wake up call now.
    Of course, but you might as well yell at the dog...

...they don't/won't/can't understand.

If Trump were to win (which he won't), they'd figure it out in about 3.5 years.

...then the media would pump some INVASION OF THE BROWN PEOPLE O NOES! stories, which would scare them into obedience.

...to re-elect Trump.

Then, 3.5 years later, with the national debt approaching $25 Trillion, with increases in federal spending, taxes, and regulation every year of the Trump Presidency...

....they'd be getting a little edgy

...they'd be ready to revolt!

...and Rand or similar would, again, try to lead them in the right direction, to restore some sanity!

But then the media would skur them bout more turrists

...o noes, TERRORISTS!!!

....And so then they'd nominate some mindless demagogue, like Trump, again.

^^^and NYC laughs all the way to the bank (which they own), again.

/democracy

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Everyone freaked out last time about idiots like Bachman, Cain, Perry etc and said they were going to win. Before that it was Gulaini and some others we all forget by now. This happens every election cycle, voters flirt with unelectable candidates in early polling, but when it comes down to voting, Governors and Senators with real experience always win. That is not Trump.
    Exactly. In the beginning polls can be lead by candidates with name recognition, or candidates that make the most noise and draw the most attention to themselves.

People are drawn to the "outsider" candidates with no experience early... but they do not win when it gets later and the votes actually count. As we know, it's hard enough for a Rep. in Congress to do well in the primaries - someone that has never won an election at any level is not going to do it.

As usual, whoever the nominee is this time, it will be a Governor or Senator.

If candidates like Trump/Carson/Fiorina/Cain/etc really want to have a chance to be President they need to first run and win office as a Rep/Senator/Governor.

Don't worry, RPF....Ted Cruz may just save you!

Ted Cruz Makes a Big Leap in Iowa, Poll Says

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Don't worry, RPF....Ted Cruz may just save you!

Ted Cruz Makes a Big Leap in Iowa, Poll Says
    I like a lot of what that guy says except for his foreign policy.

rand NEEDS to say in the next debate that he called trump out on this in the opening minutes.
    im going to see if i can make a video of that now. help me spread it when i upload it.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12