Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump says he’ll run independently if GOP doesn’t treat him ‘fairly’

Donald Trump says he’ll run independently if GOP doesn’t treat him ‘fairly’

Back with his threats to run as an independent if he isn't treated "fairly" by the GOP establishment:

hxxp://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/donald-trump-says-hell-run-independently-if-gop-doesnt-treat-him-fairly/

In spite of a pledge he made in September to not run an independent campaign for president, business tycoon and reality TV star Donald Trump said on Sunday that he will wait and “see what happens” between himself and the Republican Party.

Trump was speaking to ABC News about a recent report that GOP insiders are mounting an all-out “guerrilla campaign” to unseat him as the current front-runner in the Republican race for the 2016 nomination.
    I might be completely wrong in my assessment, but I think that Rand Paul actually fully predicted and called out Trump's game-plan right from the first debate. All these threats of running as an independent when he appears to be safely ahead if he suddenly loses his lead because of perceived "unfairness" makes me think that he plans on scuttling his own campaign with all of these idiotic theatrics he's been engaged in, all in order to run 3rd party and try to help obtain a Clinton victory in the general election.

The average GOP voter and, sadly, a fair number of former Ron Paul supporters are getting so obviously hoodwinked by the dog and pony show that it's not even funny. I get the whole thing about being pissed off over all the moochers coming in from the 3rd world and bankrupting our government and taking our tax money, but anyone foolish enough to think that Trump is being genuine here needs a strong wake up call now.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 11-24-2015 at 12:14 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's Hillary's boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

He very possibly has been doing all this craziness for the Clintons.

The GOP should exclude him from debates for this IMO.

Rand called it.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

His collapse is way over-due and we should consider Trump has some chance of winning as a Republican, then Hillary gets indicted and the unthinkable happens when Trump moves into the White House. If we cannot have Rand, would Trump actually be any worse than Hillary?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I might be completely wrong in my assessment, but I think that Rand Paul actually fully predicted and called out Trump's game-plan right from the first debate. All these threats of running as an independent when he appears to be safely ahead if he suddenly loses his lead because of perceived "unfairness" makes me think that he plans on scuttling his own campaign with all of these idiotic theatrics he's been engaged in, all in order to run 3rd party and try to help obtain a Clinton victory in the general election.

The average GOP voter and, sadly, a fair number of former Ron Paul supporters are getting so obviously hoodwinked by the dog and pony show that it's not even funny. I get the whole thing about being pissed off over all the moochers coming in from the 3rd world and bankrupting our government and taking our tax money, but anyone foolish enough to think that Trump is being genuine here needs a strong wake up call now.
    Trump is simply using the same game plan Ron Paul used in 2008- float the threat of a 3rd Party run in order to keep the GOP Establishment from completely screwing you over. The only difference between Paul and Trump is that Trump has far more leverage because of better polling numbers. Trump isn't threatening 3rd Party over "perceived" unfairness- he's threatening it over actual unfairness. These comments were in response to a report of the GOP power structure banding together to do whatever it takes to deny him the nomination. If Trump says, "I'll never run 3rd party no matter what you do to me" they will do anything and everything to screw him over. He needs something to keep them honest.

As for Trump being a shill for Hillary:

can we please unlink raw story ?

Yes, we certainly wouldn't want him to spoil an otherwise good R vs D election season, and give an easy win to the D's, we're already down 2:0 in the past two presidential elections we need a win for the R time this year
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For what???
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Back with his threats to run as an independent if he isn't treated "fairly" by the GOP establishment:

hxxp://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/donald-trump-says-hell-run-independently-if-gop-doesnt-treat-him-fairly/

It's a little more than that. The GOP establishment IS running an all out effort to bring Trump down. Look at Kasich's PAC; recently funded with GOP establishment money for just that purpose.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

He does want to be potus in my opionion...why would he? Hillary's bitch more like it.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Rand called it.
    You know what most Republicans will be thinking if it happens..

"Somebody should have called him out in the first five seconds of the first GOP debate!!"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It's a little more than that. The GOP establishment IS running an all out effort to bring Trump down. Look at Kasich's PAC; recently funded with GOP establishment money for just that purpose.
    This doesn't necessarily mean that Trump is an ally, though it definitely presents problems for people who argue that the Bushes and the Clintons are in some sort of grand conspiracy together. The GOP establishment and the Clintons are both enemies, and I don't think it prudent to start making alliances with Clinton stooges like Trump in the name of destroying another enemy.

The enemy of our enemy is not necessarily our friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    His collapse is way over-due and we should consider Trump has some chance of winning as a Republican, then Hillary gets indicted and the unthinkable happens when Trump moves into the White House. If we cannot have Rand, would Trump actually be any worse than Hillary?
    Why would I bow down before a puppet when I could be doing it for the puppet master herself?

This doesn't necessarily mean that Trump is an ally, though it definitely presents problems for people who argue that the Bushes and the Clintons are in some sort of grand conspiracy together. The GOP establishment and the Clintons are both enemies, and I don't think it prudent to start making alliances with Clinton stooges like Trump in the name of destroying another enemy.

I didn't say he was.
    ================

If Rand doesn't get the GOP nomination, I don't really care if Trump runs 3rd party.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The establishment are like a bunch of monkeys fighting over a football. They fight like mad to get that power, but make no mistake, none of them are willing to give that power up. They all have an interest in maintaining the game. Trump is just as much a part of that establishment as the RNC or the Clintons. Sure, it looks like they're fighting with each other, but they are all part of the establishment party.

There is only one candidate in the race interested in giving the ball back to the people. Unfortunately for him, people like to watch the monkeys wrestle with their liberties.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    That's exactly what's happening. The establishment GOP and media have been emboldened by their recent success in putting a dent in Carson's poll standings, so now they are focusing on ending "political silly season" altogether with a final drive to knock off Trump as well. As RonPaulMall noted, it's not "perceived" unfairness, but actual unfairness---if it was establishment puppets Jeb or Marco who had commanding leads in most polls for months, the narrative would be, "this primary race is over, so at this point unless everybody gets behind the frontrunner, they're just providing a distraction, and not unifying the party," yada yada.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

If Trump does run 3rd party I hope it does enough damage to put a nail in the coffin of the Neocon wing of the Republican party.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If Trump does run 3rd party I hope it does enough damage to put a nail in the coffin of the Neocon wing of the Republican party.
    I think you severely misunderstand the nature of the problem.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    $#@! the GOP. There have a $#@!ty BIG GOVT party that lives on borrow and spend policies and doesn't care what taxpayers think. If Trump want to help destroy the GOP it doesn't bother me. Just think back to how these corrupt $#@!s screwed Ron Paul in 2012. Until they want to oppose the Democrats, they are a useless party.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The establishment are like a bunch of monkeys fighting over a football. They fight like mad to get that power, but make no mistake, none of them are willing to give that power up. They all have an interest in maintaining the game. Trump is just as much a part of that establishment as the RNC or the Clintons. Sure, it looks like they're fighting with each other, but they are all part of the establishment party.
    To the old money, old power establishment, you're only really one of them if you can be controlled like a puppet, or at least as a loyal dog. Trump is a nouveau-rich, stray dog to them, who will never be considered part of the team, and who has utterly messed up the plan to get Jeb or Rubio nominated. Trump has run a non-establishment themed campaign that has made up for his establishment positions as far as the public is concerned, precisely because he is not robotically fiollowing the neocon playbook like the puppets are.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He's Hillary's boy.
    how can you know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Trump has no chance of winning and Hillary has no chance of being indicted.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    You will never know this kind of conspiracies for sure, never. The intuitive ones use history and other evidence to connect the dots for themselves.

Trump has no chance of winning and Hillary has no chance of being indicted.
    How do you figure Trump has no chance of winning? He's the most likely to win as things stand right now.

Unless the conspiracy nuts are right and he's deliberately intending to run 3rd party to guarantee a Clinton win.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    How do you figure Trump has no chance of winning? He's the most likely to win as things stand right now.

Unless the conspiracy nuts are right and he's deliberately intending to run 3rd party to guarantee a Clinton win.
    If Trump is truly not establishment, as his supporters believe...there are other ways to stop him, if you catch my meaning. I don't buy the Hillary placeholder talk. There would be no difference between Hillary and any other GOP candidate besides Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    If Trump is truly not establishment, as his supporters believe...there are other ways to stop him, if you catch my meaning. I don't buy the Hillary placeholder talk. There would be no difference between Hillary and any other GOP candidate besides Rand.
    Ideology is not relevant in these matters, only power. Assuming that Hillary is on the same team as the GOP because they look and act similar is about as logical of an argument as Stalin and Hitler being on the same team, especially after the latter invaded Russia.

Ideology is not relevant in these matters, only power. Assuming that Hillary is on the same team as the GOP because they look and act similar is about as logical of an argument as Stalin and Hitler being on the same team, especially after the latter invaded Russia.
    If you don't realize by now that there are powerful people higher up than the political party operatives, you're naďve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast