Thread: Trump, Carson repeat disputed 9/11 celebration claim @CNNPolitics

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Trump, Carson repeat disputed 9/11 celebration claim @CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump twice repeated over the weekend that he saw people cheering in New Jersey after the September 11 attacks -- but his claims are being widely disputed as false.
    Trump first made the claim at a campaign rally in Alabama on Saturday, where he said he "watched the World Trade Center go down" and watched in New Jersey, "as thousands of people were cheering as the building was coming down."
    http://cnn.it/1ldVnkF

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like he is confusing thousands of people with 3 Jewish guys in a white van who were there to "document the event".
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Pandering to the conspiracy theorists and Islamaphobes.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-23-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Pandering to the conspiracy theorists.
    ... and the funny thing is, no one in the MSM will be calling him a tin foil hat wearing kook.

Using Fear to get elected
    Hilarious

Repeat disputed claim? OMG!

I dispute that OP claim. (See how easy it is?)
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 11-24-2015 at 10:00 AM.

some truth to the claim...

I live in NJ. Right after the attacks of 9/11 local stations DID show video of some middle-eastern looking people celebrating in NJ.
    Notice I stated it was local stations - not any of the mainstream broadcasters. Everyone else was focused on New York City.

It was probably on News12 or maybe NJN. I recall that some middle-eastern looking students at a local community college were cheering the attack. People were outraged and the video was pulled right away. The incident was never mentioned again. It was all sent down the memory hole.

I never saw video of "thousands" celebrating in NJ, but Trump claims he was in Jersey City that day and Jersey City does have a growing muslim population. In fact, it came out that some of the hijackers, or people who assisted them, were from that area or lived there at one time. Jersey City is right by NYC. It's one subway ride away. You can see one place, from the other. There would definitely have been a smokey haze over Jersey City from the fire. That's why they created that NY/NJ muslim-watching alliance - remember that?

It's possible that there were muslims celebrating in Jersey City and Trump saw video of this, but if it did occur, I'm sure it (and any similar video) would've been memory holed back in the day. Also, Trump has cited a Washington post story from back then about muslims celebrating, but I've heard that the reporter has now "walked back" that claim.

Hard to say - but it's not out of the question.
    Last edited by Valli6; 11-24-2015 at 11:01 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I live in NJ. Right after the attacks of 9/11 local stations DID show video of some middle-eastern looking people celebrating in NJ.
    Notice I stated it was local stations - not any of the mainstream broadcasters. Everyone else was focused on New York City.

It was probably on News12 or maybe NJN. I recall that some middle-eastern looking students at a local community college were cheering the attack. People were outraged and the video was pulled right away. The incident was never mentioned again. It was all sent down the memory hole.

I never saw video of "thousands" celebrating in NJ, but Trump claims he was in Jersey City that day and Jersey City does have a growing muslim population. In fact, it came out that some of the hijackers, or people who assisted them, were from that area or lived there at one time. Jersey City is right by NYC. (It's one subway ride away. You can see one place, from the other.) That's why they created that NY/NJ muslim-watching alliance - remember that?

It's possible that there were muslims celebrating in Jersey City and Trump saw video of this, but if it did occur, I'm sure it (and any similar video) would've been memory holed back in the day. Also, Trump has cited a Washington post story from back then about muslims celebrating, but I've heard that the reporter has now "walked back" that claim.

IIRC, a number of the eye witness 9/11 celebrants in NJ were found out to be, in fact, Israelis. Go figure.

I never saw video of "thousands" celebrating in NJ, but Trump claims he was in Jersey City that day and Jersey City does have a growing muslim population. In fact, it came out that some of the hijackers, or people who assisted them, were from that area or lived there at one time. Jersey City is right by NYC. It's one subway ride away. You can see one place, from the other. There would definitely have been a smokey haze over Jersey City from the fire. That's why they created that NY/NJ muslim-watching alliance - remember that?

Mind blown that the media is having amnesia over this. I did not have News12 back then but I clearly remember it on the local NYC news stations. There were in fact people celebrating.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I remember them showing Muslims celebrating in the Middle East on the news..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I clearly remember the stories coming out about some Muslims cheering in New York and/or New Jersey at the time. One story was about a single person cheering while walking across a bridge. There was detail to the story at the time. Apparently some people didn't take kindly to it at the time, and the guy needed to be saved. Can't find any links on it though.

The dancing Israelis story came out later.

As far as Trump's claims of thousands, that is probably hyperbole, which is standard coming from Trump.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-24-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I remember them showing Muslims celebrating in the Middle East on the news..
    On the local news here I recall them as celebrating in North Jersey, I think it was Jersey City, but I cannot remember for sure.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

All of the thousands of hours of 9/11 footage on YouTube including "secret" and "banned" footage and nobody can find the one he claimed to have seen?

All of the thousands of hours of 9/11 footage on YouTube including "secret" and "banned" footage and nobody can find the one he claimed to have seen?

9 /11 celebrations
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...1+celebrations

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    None of those seem to be in NJ on 911.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    None of those seem to be in NJ on 911.
    Suppressed, deleted, embarrassing? <shrug>

I recall some fakish "news" of US MOEs reporting about cheers by Palestinians in mideast and it later turned out they had used stock footage of some other event.
    Only reports related to events inside US that I recall were about a group of "dancing Israelis" being arrested on 9/11. Wonder if Trump is confusing one group of semites with the other when he cites "arabs in New Jersey".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMkX5uemLyk

The Urban Legends Behind Trump's 9/11 Cheering Story

November 23, 2015, 5:28 PM EST

Here are four possible sources for Trump’s mistaken recollection.

The five “Dancing Israelis”

On the afternoon of Sept. 11, 2001, five young men were stopped by FBI agents while crossing the George Washington Bridge. As The New York Times and many other outlets reported at the time, they were carrying $4,000 in cash, box cutters, and, in one man’s case, two passports. The group had been spotted snapping photos of the burning Twin Towers from the roof of their van by onlookers on the Jersey side of the bridge, who had contacted authorities. The Times reported that FBI agents found images of the smoldering buildings on their cell phones. In one image, one of the men, Sivan Kurzberg, held up a lit lighter with the ruins of the towers in the background.
    They were held for 27 days at Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center before being deported for overstaying their visas.
    The Times pointed out that contemporary news reports left “the wide impression that the authorities had detained a group of suspicious men taking pictures or rooting for the terrorists from the New Jersey side of the bridge.” Those reports also were exaggerated and perpetuated on fringe blogs that took to calling the men the "dancing Israelis."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tr...ering-debunked

Was This the 9/11 New Jersey Celebration Trump Remembered?

Steve Sailer • November 24, 2015

On 9/11 there were numerous reports of celebrating Middle Easterners in New Jersey, but this is the one that appears to have been most carefully documented. From ABC News on an incident that has since been pretty much memory-holed:

Were Israelis Detained on Sept. 11 Spies?

Millions saw the horrific images of the World Trade Center attacks, and those who saw them won’t forget them. But a New Jersey homemaker saw something that morning that prompted an investigation into five young Israelis and their possible connection to Israeli intelligence.
    Maria, who asked us not to use her last name, had a view of the World Trade Center from her New Jersey apartment building. She remembers a neighbor calling her shortly after the first plane hit the towers.
    She grabbed her binoculars and watched the destruction unfolding in lower Manhattan. But as she watched the disaster, something else caught her eye.
    Maria says she saw three young men kneeling on the roof of a white van in the parking lot of her apartment building. “They seemed to be taking a movie,” Maria said.
    The men were taking video or photos of themselves with the World Trade Center burning in the background, she said. What struck Maria were the expressions on the men’s faces. “They were like happy, you know … They didn’t look shocked to me. I thought it was very strange,” she said.
    She found the behavior so suspicious that she wrote down the license plate number of the van and called the police. Before long, the FBI was also on the scene, and a statewide bulletin was issued on the van.
    The plate number was traced to a van owned by a company called Urban Moving. Around 4 p.m. on Sept. 11, the van was spotted on a service road off Route 3, near New Jersey’s Giants Stadium. A police officer pulled the van over, finding five men, between 22 and 27 years old, in the vehicle. The men were taken out of the van at gunpoint and handcuffed by police.

One reason for the shift, sources told ABCNEWS, was that the FBI believed Urban Moving may have been providing cover for an Israeli intelligence operation. …

http://www.unz.com/isteve/was-this-t...mp-remembered/

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123885&page=1

What Donald Trump might have seen on 9/11. Hint: Not ‘cheering’ Arabs

November 22, 2015

Angry witnesses had seen the five at a waterfront park in New Jersey apparently laughing, clowning and photographing themselves in front of the burning towers.
    Roy Barak, an Israeli mover caught up in round-ups after 9/11. Jim Galloway/AJC

Barak had no way of knowing the arrested men were his friends, Israelis working for the same moving company. But he found out quickly.
    At noon Sept. 12, Barak and his partner, 25-year-old Motti Butbul, were blue-lighted by a patrol car and pulled into a rest stop. The formal charges were minor: a broken turn signal, missing fire extinguisher and the fact that Barak had overstayed his six-month visa. Butbul also had no work permit.
    But the quick appearance of four FBI agents made it clear this wasn’t a normal stop. A box cutter was found in the truck.

Barak was interrogated first as a possible terrorist, then as a potential spy. He said he did not see a lawyer for two weeks and never appeared before a judge. His parents did not know where he was for six weeks, until someone from the Israeli Consulate could sneak a cellphone into the prison.

Barak, an ex-paratrooper, got a job with Urban Moving Systems of Weehawken, N.J., in the summer of 2000.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2015/11...heering-arabs/

Earth to everyone.....Trump is lying.

That's all folks.

You can tell whether or not the video was in NJ, just look for the gardens.

Pandering to the conspiracy theorists and Islamaphobes.
    Even the islamophobes and conspiracy theorists can be right. Like I always say, nobody is wrong all the time. Yes, there were dancing Israelis seen after the planes hit the world trade center, its not a conspiracy theory, it actually happened.

Last edited by juleswin; 09-11-2016 at 12:11 PM.

It just might be that Trump (if he is in some way a subtle person) is bringing up 9/11 as an inside job issues in a deliberately reverse fashion, so that the public can research and find out the evidence for themselves, when trying to debunk him. Why bring up vague recollections of people dancing or celebrating on 9/11, if not to get people to find out about the 5 Israelis/Mossad agents, who can be clearly documented? Could the reason why he suggested "9/11 happened on Bush's watch" be that it gently points to Bush's complicity in a false flag op, without flatly saying so? That leaves him exculpatory space if the issue gets too hot, while allowing him to drop breadcrumbs that lead people to the truth. Just a thought.

A second (more likely) thought that comes to mind is that, once again, Trump is just doing the same thing the media elects to do all the time. "Saddam's weapons of mass destruction," "Iran is about to make a nuclear weapon," "Assad has unleashed chemical weapons on his own people," etc, etc. The major media is well known to frequently say (or go along with) false or deeply inaccurate things, in service to a mainstream narrative it is promoting. Although they sometimes issue belated corrections, ultimately and cynically, the main thing that matters to them is pushing that narrative.

Trump is simply exercising the same right or latitude to be making false or deeply inaccurate claims in service to his campaign narrative. He's not ignoring the MSM's corrupt game, he's riding their wave. His not backing down or dropping a knee before the media's self-righteous fact checkers (who were never around to correct themselves when it came to WMD claims, or the rest) amounts to a "sauce for the goose, how do you like them apples?" comeback. All that matters to Trump, following those same MSM rules, is that he advances his campaign themes. If the MSM has a problem with that, then physician, heal thyself first.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 11-28-2015 at 10:43 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Typical BS meme, since the Empire State building is taller than both 40 Wall St and the Chrysler Building which is also taller than 40 Wall, and has been since 1931. So likely never uttered those words.

https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/774976459488292864
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/774976459488292864
    Wow, how stupid of him, well cucks got to cuck I guess, and Trump is the Cuckiest.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Wow, how stupid of him, well cucks got to cuck I guess, and Trump is the Cuckiest.
    Trump is not the cuck, it is his supporters that are the cucks.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Trump is not the cuck, it is his supporters that are the cucks.
    Well who can keep it straight anymore? (brought to you by "At this point, what difference does it make?" Inc)