Thread: Confederate flag on laptop reported as 'bias incident' at Framingham State

Confederate flag on laptop reported as 'bias incident' at Framingham State

This doesn't even sound real, but I think it is.

Peter Fricke
    Investigative Reporter
    @FrickePete
    Today at 9:33 AM EDT

The school sent a campus email alert after a student reported a “bias incident” involving an image of a Confederate flag displayed on a laptop.

Framingham State University sent a campus email alert after a student reported a “bias incident” involving an image of a Confederate flag displayed on a laptop.

A screenshot of the email, with the names of individuals and the school redacted, was posted on Imgur Friday morning, and the individual who uploaded the picture informed Campus Reform that Framingham was the source of the email.

“We recognize that bias incidents are upsetting for the entire campus community..." Tweet This

The Gatepost, Framingham’s student newspaper, confirmed in an article Sunday that the email came from Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer Sean Huddleston.

“The Bias Protocol and Response Team has been made aware of the incident, and will meet to determine any measures that may be needed to respond to this incident,” Huddleston tells students, noting that a similar incident involving a different individual had been reported last month.

“Our primary goal continues to be to expeditiously address and resolve incidents of bias that impede our progress toward a welcoming and inclusive campus community,” he asserts, adding with a touch of satisfaction that he has personally met with the complainant, and “was informed that a productive discussion between the person making the report and the laptop owner about the incident was achieved.”

more...http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7024
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Our primary goal continues to be to expeditiously address and resolve incidents of bias that impede our progress toward a welcoming and inclusive campus community,” he asserts, adding with a touch of satisfaction that he has personally met with the complainant, and “was informed that a productive discussion between the person making the report and the laptop owner about the incident was achieved.”
    Yes, it is important that people of all races, religions, and ideologies are welcomed, without undue bias against them
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

“The Bias Protocol and Response Team has been made aware of the incident, and will meet to determine any measures that may be needed to respond to this incident,”
    WTF??????

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    WTF??????
    DEFCON 5
    Launch the nukes!
    "The Patriarch"

Easiest way to handle this is to expel those who are offended.

The campus needs a safe space for Confederates.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Name titles of books triggering 'bias incidents' when read in the open. Extra points if these book are available in your local library.

1. ???
    2. ???
    3. ???

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Name titles of books triggering 'bias incidents' when read in the open. Extra points if these book are available in your local library.

1. ???
    2. ???
    3. ???
    Students can read?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

1. ???
    2. ???
    3. ???
    Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
    Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
    The Lord of the Flies, William Golding
    To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
    Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    OP reported for posting hurtful imagery.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain
    Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
    The Lord of the Flies, William Golding
    To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
    Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck
    Good choices. An actual case involved reading "Notre Dame vs. the Klan"

https://www.thefire.org/cases/indian...eading-a-book/

People can claim to be offended by just about anything.

I can say I don't like the color green and thus I'm offended when people wear green clothing.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    People can claim to be offended by just about anything.

I can say I don't like the color green and thus I'm offended when people wear green clothing.
    Being biased against the color green is offensive.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Being biased against the color green is offensive.
    That's right, so it's best to just have a thick skin and shrug off these little annoyances.

WTH is a bias incident?

Great job, America. We are now growing a generation of total pussies.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 11-23-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

America's future is literally crumbling before our very eyes.

Wow.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Don't you dare go anywhere without me. I'd rather end up as the entrée on your dinner table than remain within potential clutch of the braying idiots that purport to be my fellow Americans.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    WTF??????
    Nah nah... don't act so surprised here, as if you didn't know this $#@! was right on the immediate horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Don't you dare go anywhere without me. I'd rather end up as the entrée on your dinner table than remain within potential clutch of the braying idiots that purport to be my fellow Americans.
    No $#@!, how much is the ticket? I would rob some liberal professors to buy it.
    "The Patriarch"

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Massachusetts... again.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL , do not call these pussies , you have sold the pussies short , you may offend them .

the confed flag is NOT ILLEGAL!! damn pussies!

“Our primary goal continues to be to expeditiously address and resolve incidents of bias that impede our progress toward a welcoming and inclusive campus community,”
    O, well then, go ahead and include...