Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transgender Pilots Frustrated Over Extra Scrutiny From FAA

///
    Last edited by Danke; 11-27-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes automation is technically doable, however it is a looooong way off from becoming policy. And the human factor is that most passengers are not going to trust their lives to a computer (as irrational as that may sound to some of us).

We may see full automation in my lifetime, but probably not full scale implementation during my career. Regarding the pay, right now $125k is about where the top end of regional jet pilots end up. That's almost 2nd year pay for major airline pilots now.

The first few years suck, especially with debt, but after that it becomes good money. And coupled with almost 15 days off per month, it's very easy to have multiple streams of income which I of course plan to do.
    Collins, you could just buy your own pilot costume and tell everyone that you are an airline pilot.

Its cheaper that way, and you could devote more time to your other "revenue streams".

I got a rep asking what airline I work for. Well look up the biggest airline in the late 90s that had the best route structure before the raping. The banksters had to make us an example. We were getting uppity. And banksters can't have that. They did not other labor groups gaining on our coattails.
    We and Delta were the top choice of anyone who wanted to work for an airline at that time. Hindsight is 2020.
    Last edited by Danke; 11-27-2015 at 12:15 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I got a rep asking what airline I work for. Well look up the biggest airline in the late 90s that had the best route structure before the raping. The bankers decided to make us an example. We were getting uppity. And banksters can't have that.The top choice of anyone who wanted to work for an airline at that time. Hindsight is 2020.
    Pakistan International Airlines?

More seriously, I'm going to guess Northwest, because that was a great airline before it was bought by that piece of $#@! that is Delta.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ///
    Last edited by Danke; 11-27-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Fly with these incompetent pilots, because the service is great.

Just look at the stupid accidents they have ben involved in, or Asiana Air, etc. that is basic airmanship mistakes that would have wash me out of the Air Force.

You want a confident pilots, stick to American airlines. I flew in the Air Force in Korea, I flew in Turkey and I flew in Israel their pilots would never engage us because they sucked and would be humiliated.
    Last edited by Danke; 11-27-2015 at 12:38 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Fly with these incompetent pilots, because the service is great.
    Just had this thought....

I wonder if the TPP has a secret Cabotage provision.

I think the "murikan people are eager for new cheaper options.

Hell, with most US carriers already having Juan Valdez and his burro doing maintenance on their aircraft down in Tijuana, it just makes sense to bring that old (third) world talent to the cockpit for that low fare flight from Ciudad Philidelphia to Nuevo Yorko.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 11-27-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Just had this thought....

I wonder if the TPP has a secret Cabotage provision.

I think the "murikan people are eager for new cheaper options.

Hell, with most US carriers already having Juan Valdez and his burro doing maintenance on their aircraft down in Tijuana, it just makes sense to bring that old (third) world talent to the cockpit.
    How many Americans shop around the Internet for the cheapest surgen when the need an operation?

But they do that when they want to go to Florida. $#@! the flying public.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dog View Post
    The Lilliputian Air Force?

If they will have you and you fit in the aircraft, I say what the hell... go for it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

More seriously, I'm going to guess Northwest, because that was a great airline before it was bought by that piece of $#@! that is Delta.
    Uh..... no way, Delta was a way better airline than NW.

I fly Delta frequently and I can always tell the former NW employees from the original Delta employees by their attitudes.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

How many Americans shop around the Internet for the cheapest surgen when the need an operation?

Way ahead of you.

Been saying that for years.

Danke, you should have gone to work for Big Brown or the X.

Better $$$, plus...

Rubber dog $#@! doesn't complain.

But it can catch fire from the lithium batteries.

What is:

10 inches long,

Black,

and hangs in front of a dick?

A Delta pilot's tie.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    What is:

10 inches long,

Black,

and hangs in front of a dick?

A Delta pilot's tie.
    Delta pilots sure put their ties in some weird places, I guess...
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

I flew a lot back in the late 80s and early 90s. American and Delta were the best back then; at least in the U.S. The company I worked for paid for subscriptions to OAG; it was quite helpful to find out more about what was going on at various airports and with pilots.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Same as everything else.

We're creating a world that does not need us anymore.

Humanity will be superfluous...obsolete.
    More specifically, to a technologically super-enabled Themme, the "excess humanity" will become superfluous. You know, we the "useless eaters" of the world who stink the place up in violation of the Eden to which Theye lay claim of title to the exclusion of all the rest of us.

So then, one day perhaps Theye will eliminate the lot of us and the world will have recovered from the ravages of the Industrial Revolution, the Enlightenment, the Reinaissance, the Byzantines, the Romans, the Greeks, the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the wooly mammoths... It will be perfect and clean and glistening and oh the joy Theye will experience at the beauty of it all... that is, until the boredom sets in. Then Theye will begin scrutinizing each other and when some imperfection is discovered, those will be sent into the dustbin as well. Then eyes will sharpen and new problems will arise, and then more, and more, and more...

And on the final day we would see the last two remaining Cave Themmes, Thak Eisenberg and Blook Heirmond, nervously watching each other from opposite sides of the fire just minutes prior to canceling out the last thread of so-called "humanity", which we would all know had actually died with the last of those useless eaters all those years prior. Only, we'd not know it or see it because we'd all have been long swept away by those who presumed to know what was best for everyone, for Themme, and for the planet in every nuanced detail of what was once called human life. The galaxies will continue to hurl from one another, as if centripetally from the earth, not even giving the least notice that yet another species had eradicated itself through the sheer will to hubris-logged ignorance and blindly masturbatory avarice.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Uh..... no way, Delta was a way better airline than NW.
    Honestly, saying one American air carrier is better than another is like saying dog $#@! tastes better than horse $#@!.

Honestly, saying one American air carrier is better than another is like saying dog $#@! tastes better than horse $#@!.
    I don't think that's true. Some airlines maintain their planes better and some hire more experienced pilots. Also, some treat their employees far better.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

//
    I have a nephew by marriage that started out flying for Continental, and is now stuck with United.

I've flown with him in small craft many times in the right seat, and he is nothing but a consummate professional.

But why are you bitching at me?

Don't you think the same thing is happening in my industry? I take the time to train up new mates to handle the vessel with manual controls, when everybody is using the DP system to maneuver around, and lack the skills to spring a vessel away from the dock.

We're all a dying breed, "operators" like us, of all stripes and skills, who will be first supplanted by cheap labor, minimally trained and unable to deal with crisis situations and then by automated systems.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-27-2015 at 01:19 PM.

So much of what is donkey $#@!ed in the health care system would be solved if people could shop for the lowest cost and best value in health care.

As it stands right now, you have no $#@!ing idea what any of it costs or how good it is.

Would you buy a car with an MSRP of "?????.??" ?

Or, "well, it costs whatever we can charge an insurance company"?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I don't think that's true. Some airlines maintain their planes better and some hire more experienced pilots. Also, some treat their employees far better.
    I'm talking from a customer perspective.

American air carriers have old fleets, high prices (seriously, charging people to take baggage??!), uncomfortable cabins, poor service (charging for refreshments on even medium-haul flights such as to the Caribbean, wtf?)....

And I'm not even comparing to the best airlines (such as Cathay, Qatar or Singapore) but against average airlines like Lufthansa, Air France-KLM, British and Iberia. Heck, even Avianca and Copa are infinitely better.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123