Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transgender Pilots Frustrated Over Extra Scrutiny From FAA

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    What's the current count on transgender pilots? Two, three? Who gives a frick?
    The passengers on one of their planes.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I remember the pilot introducing himself before take off, ash trays built into the seat backs and polite people across the isle...

I don't fly any more.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I remember the pilot introducing himself before take off, ash trays built into the seat backs and polite people across the isle...

I don't fly any more.
    I remember the pilot presenting me with a "Wings" pin and allowing my dad to bring me up to the flight deck as a young kid.

I don't fly anymore, either.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I remember the pilot presenting me with a "Wings" pin and allowing my dad to bring me up to the flight deck as a young kid.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

They don't do that anymore? FFS.SMFH. I lost all my Wings pins ~20 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    They don't do that anymore? FFS.SMFH. I lost all my Wings pins ~20 years ago.
    Only at the gate.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Flying sure ain't what it used to be. I'm not sure I'd bother with all the bull$#@! just to retain left-seat status. Besides, I was always fond of stunts, all of which would get me shot down or tossed in prison for the rest of my life, were I do repeat them today.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm still bent....
    You should probably choose your words more carefully in this thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

LOL, Matt and I don't agree often, but...
    Heh... I start flight school next month... gonna go all the way, the pilot shortage is too much for me to resist.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You're a pilot as well?

Guess I'm the only sailor here.
    I have only ship wrecked once ( yeah , I was driving ) and managed to get off of every flight ( mostly by jumping before I was old enough to shave ) before those were shot down . LOL , I trust you guys though . I am better with a pickup .

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Heh... I start flight school next month... gonna go all the way, the pilot shortage is too much for me to resist.
    I could set you straight on this, but an enthusiastic young person wouldn't want to hear it.

Everyone has to learn the hard way.

Myself included.

Good luck.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 11-24-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Giving up on your career in politics? Tell me it aint so
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I could set you straight on this, but an enthusiastic young person wouldn't want to hear it.

Everyone has to learn the hard way.

Myself included.

Good luck.
    I'm interested in hearing your opinion... but I've done a ton of research and I have also interviewed about 7 or 8 commercial / airline pilots too who have all given me the advice to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Giving up on your career in politics? Tell me it aint so
    No, just putting it on temporary hold so I can make some good money first. Also, politics encourages me to ignore my health while being a pilot requires me to take care of it; I'm not getting any younger.

I remember that, and I'm not even 30 yet.

My wife got to travel in the cockpit jumpseat a couple times when she was a teenager on transatlantic flights.

Well, good luck, and I mean that with all sincerity.

November 20, 2015 7:12 PM By Juliette Goodrich

OAKLAND (KPIX 5) – When it comes to clearing pilots for takeoff, the Federal Aviation Administration uses regular medical exams to make sure they’re fit to fly. But the process may not be fair for everyone in the cockpit.

Every time Jessica Zacharias starts the engine of a plane, she’s he's fulfilling a childhood dream.

“I remember in grade 3 creating a poster showing me and what my career goal was for the future and I said commercial airline pilot,” Zacharias said.

Zacharias wound up with a tech career and a pilot’s license on the side. She He flies for fun, and sometimes ferries planes for other owners, and even gives flying lessons.

All of it requires her him to update her his airman’s medical certificate annually.

“You show up to a local doctor who is certified to give aviation medicals,” Zacharias explained. “You go there and they give you a very basic medical including vision tests, hearing tests, and then they do a lot of other things that a normal medical would do, in terms of blood pressure, listen to you breathe, heart rate.”

And that’s how it went, every year since 2001. Then it got complicated.

“This time around I got a letter in the springtime saying I wasn’t approved as a normal medical,” Zacharias recalled.

In 2013, Zacharias reported she he was transitioning from male to female displaying signs of mental illness.

The FAA eventually renewed her his medical certificate, after she he provided additional information. But now they were saying they would require the extra information every time.

“I had to do an additional psych evaluation and I also needed to get an additional letter from my doctor, not only describing what was being prescribed, but also the prognosis of what were my plans for the future as well, and very detailed information,” Zacharias said.

Ilona Turner is the legal director for the Oakland-based Transgender Law Center Let's Pretend Crazy People Aren't Crazy Center.

“I think this is incredibly unfair,” Turner said. “The FAA is imposing these requirements on transgender crazy pilots alone, that they don’t impose on anybody else, due to an absurd and incredibly out of date understanding of what it means to be transgender crazy.”

The center helped another transgender crazy pilot actually change FAA policy in 2012. Yet now, Turner said, this is happening to almost all transgender crazy pilots anyway.

“Jessica was told that being transgender crazy means that she’s he's inherently unstable, and that kind of attitude is something that was intended to be stamped out by the 2012 policy. And the fact that the folks at the FAA are still repeating, that is very troubling,” Turner said.

KPIX 5 asked the FAA for an on-camera interview several times, but they said no.

They did send a statement, which said, “Once a transgender crazy pilot is determined to be stable following their gender transition violent self-destructive mania, they may be issued an unrestricted medical certificate…We are in the process of clarifying our guidance in our aviation medical examiners guide.”

“Pretty frustrated and upset because. It was just kind of this blanket, ‘You need to provide more information,’ and no real reason why. Just that’s the way it is,” Zacharias said.

The FAA did tell KPIX 5 that they are updating their wording to replace the term “gender identity disorder” with “gender dysphoria,” the term used by the American Psychiatric Association and many transgender nonsensical, politically correct groups.
    FIFY
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 11-24-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Well, good luck, and I mean that with all sincerity.
    Thank you.... I can't wait to get started.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm interested in hearing your opinion... but I've done a ton of research and I have also interviewed about 7 or 8 commercial / airline pilots too who have all given me the advice to proceed.
    Might give this a read. http://thetruthabouttheprofession.weebly.com/
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...pilot-training

Sounds promising.

If you have to take out loans to get your ratings, it will take a long time to repay them. Salaries starting out are pathetic.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...pilot-training

Sounds promising.

If you have to take out loans to get your ratings, it will take a long time to repay them. Salaries starting out are pathetic.
    “We’re opposed to it,” said Captain Jim Bigham, chairman of the Air Line Pilots Association union at JetBlue. “We think there are thousands of pilots available that have higher qualifications right now than any pilot coming out of an ab initio program.”
    Of course.

If you REALLY love flying, I'd suggest becoming a military pilot or get into aerobatics. ATP strikes me as a miserable way to go in the beginning, unless you start out young, and by that I mean in your 20s, early-30s at the very latest. My friend, we'll call him Jonathan mainly because that's his name, has finally graduated into larger aircraft (57s) after probably at least five or seven years of light aircraft runs between places like IAD and Beckley WV. As I recall, new pilot wages are really low. A while back new pilots were flying for about $11/hr, though I honestly do not recall how long ago that was or what they now earn.

Real money doesn't kick in until you've "paid your dues" in terms of experience. If you can wait a decade or two to get into a heavy aircraft, the salaries are pretty decent, though IMO they are still kind of low when one takes into account the responsibilities assumed. When I was consulting regularly I brought home about twice what a 747 pilot earns and the only responsibility I carried was to not spend the client's money unwisely. If I $#@!ed up, nobody was going to die... so you may want to think about that and whether you are good under those sorts of pressures.

The other day my wife had a fire aboard her flight. First officer was standing there with his thumb in his ass, frozen. She commanded he get out of her way, after which she cut power to the affected area and got the halon. She saved the lives of about 150 people at 35K feet. That one won't be making the 6:00 news.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

A while back, I saw that the average narrow-body captain pay in 1977 among the passenger airlines was around $125,000.

I think that it is in the same ballpark today.

The trend doesn't lie as to where the value of this "profession" is going.

Ultimately, automation.

Just like burger-flipping.

samey-same

A while back, I saw that the average narrow-body captain pay in 1977 among the passenger airlines was around $125,000.

Ultimately, automation.

samey-same
    Same as everything else.

We're creating a world that does not need us anymore.

Humanity will be superfluous...obsolete.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I'd suggest becoming a military pilot
    The Lilliputian Air Force?

Of course.
    Do you now why?

I don't pretend to know your industry or the demands and work rules you labor under. But to try to repudiate a union official of the subject he is intimately knowledgeable about, I can not accept that without all the facts being known.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Do you now why?

I don't pretend to know your industry or the demands and work rules you labor under. But to try to repudiate a union official of the subject he is intimately knowledgeable about, I can not accept that without all the facts being known.
    I am assuming that it would add to the pilot pool and thus drive down wages.

Ultimately, automation.

samey-same
    Yes automation is technically doable, however it is a looooong way off from becoming policy. And the human factor is that most passengers are not going to trust their lives to a computer (as irrational as that may sound to some of us).

We may see full automation in my lifetime, but probably not full scale implementation during my career. Regarding the pay, right now $125k is about where the top end of regional jet pilots end up. That's almost 2nd year pay for major airline pilots now.

The first few years suck, especially with debt, but after that it becomes good money. And coupled with almost 15 days off per month, it's very easy to have multiple streams of income which I of course plan to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast