Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 57

Thread: Fox News National Poll: Rand Paul at 2%

  1. #1

    Fox News National Poll: Rand Paul at 2%

    Donald Trump 28%
    Ben Carson 18%
    Ted Cruz 14%
    Marco Rubio 14%
    Jeb Bush 5%
    Mike Huckabee 3%
    Carly Fiorina 3%
    Chris Christie 3%
    John Kasich 2%
    Rand Paul 2%
    George Pataki 1%
    Lindsey Graham *
    Rick Santorum -
    Jim Gilmore -
    Other 1%
    None of the Above 1%
    Don't Know 5%

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...rian-refugees/
    Last edited by dusman; 11-22-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    F You Frank

    This one doesn't count. It's a Fox News Poll.
    Margin of error: 25-100%

  4. #3
    2. Which one of the following is the most important issue facing the country today?16-19 Nov 15 30 Jul-2 Aug 15
    Terrorism
    24% 11%
    So they totally ignore the guy who wanted to declare war on ISIS. And they ignore the guy who has made it clear why we have the ISIS mess to begin with.

    People are simply not paying attention and/or brainwashed.


  5. #4
    I bet walking off stage at the next debate by Rand and saying they deserve Hillary Clinton in 2016 would be worth at least 5% in the polls. Or at least the media attention it'd bring.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  6. #5
    Walking off stage is only a viable strategy of he isn't getting a fair shake, like at the 2nd debate.

    Basically the perfect time to implement that tactic would be if he isn't getting a fair shake at the debates AND you feel confident the poll numbers aren't good enough to get you into the next debate.

  7. #6
    Beginning to get VERY depressed... Rand's going to need a couple of 5's just to get back in.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Beginning to get VERY depressed... Rand's going to need a couple of 5's just to get back in.
    The Republicans and this party that Trump is gaining the support from are idiots, morons, racists, Fat old angry middle low life class. Why is Trump doing so well? because his the one who speaks for the stupid.

    They deserve Hillary and the GOP needs re brand itself. I am getting tired of seeing this pattern every four years. Time to turn off those radio stations.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 11-22-2015 at 02:15 PM.

  9. #8
    If this is the best the GOP can do, we are hopeless.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Nothing new here.
    Rand's low end has been 2% nationally for a while. He can still qualify for the next debate by averaging 4% in NH where he has been steadily trending up.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Beginning to get VERY depressed... Rand's going to need a couple of 5's just to get back in.
    The CNN/ORC poll tends to be the best for Rand of all the others. Hopefully he pulls in a 6% showing.

    It's starting to get to a point that all efforts are going to have to revolve simply around Iowa's youth vote. Mobilizing not only Rand youth supporters but also rallying the youth to protest vote republican policy. Perhaps that combined with a "Get out the Freak vote" like done in Aspen at the behest of Hunter S. Thompson.

    I'd very much like to see Rand youth voters take up an idea like this:



    Draw lines from every campus to Caucus locations with a call to protest the neocons in the GOP.
    Last edited by dusman; 11-22-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  13. #11
    Yeah, that's some great momentum. Keep up the optimism over realism, people. We're all still very impressed.

  14. #12
    Rand should go Indy. Just like I said Ron should have back in 2011/12. The media would then pay the $#@! attention and the people would have a real option to vote for in a 2 way race.

    Dem/Rep (same pile of $#@!) vs Indy Rand Paul
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

    We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Rand should go Indy. Just like I said Ron should have back in 2011/12. The media would then pay the $#@! attention and the people would have a real option to vote for in a 2 way race.

    Dem/Rep (same pile of $#@!) vs Indy Rand Paul
    I believe he should hold off on that option until 2020

  16. #14
    How is Patiki have 1% and Rand had 2%. I'm bewildered
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." óJeff Cooper

    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Rand should go Indy. Just like I said Ron should have back in 2011/12. The media would then pay the $#@! attention and the people would have a real option to vote for in a 2 way race.

    Dem/Rep (same pile of $#@!) vs Indy Rand Paul
    Rand has long-term potential that is more important than 2016. An Indy run won't do much, except alienate GOP voters and put his Senate seat in real danger. I'd rather Rand not be President and stay in the Senate vs. Rand not be President and lose his seat. It comes down to what happens in Iowa though, really.

    We have to stay the course this year. We cannot let polls reflect our commitment. So, that means even if Rand drops below 1%, we still commit to supporting him and influencing GOP voters closest to us. What we do this year matters in 2020 and 2024, although I know many here like to go the route of "See, told you so. Rand is nobody to be excited about."

    To those people... time to thin the herd.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  18. #16
    After this election I'm seriously thinking about bailing out of the R party.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." óJeff Cooper

    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    After this election I'm seriously thinking about bailing out of the R party.
    I think we can learn something from the Tea Party movement. One thing they did better than us was focusing on the message, instead of a particular candidate. Gotta stir up a new movement that lays a foundation for what we think the party should stand for. I understand where you are coming from, though. It's very frustrating.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  21. #18
    The Tea Party never had a message. It was a flavor of the day sort of thing. The # of Tea Party groups and "leaders" shows that. Trump claims to be a Tea Party guy and there are plenty of Tea Party people who support him, yet we also have TP influence and support. So what gives? Their advantage was the constant demagoguery they employed.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    Rand has long-term potential that is more important than 2016. An Indy run won't do much, except alienate GOP voters and put his Senate seat in real danger. I'd rather Rand not be President and stay in the Senate vs. Rand not be President and lose his seat. It comes down to what happens in Iowa though, really.

    We have to stay the course this year. We cannot let polls reflect our commitment. So, that means even if Rand drops below 1%, we still commit to supporting him and influencing GOP voters closest to us. What we do this year matters in 2020 and 2024, although I know many here like to go the route of "See, told you so. Rand is nobody to be excited about."

    To those people... time to thin the herd.
    This. Rand is our last best hope. All in for Iowa.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

  23. #20
    Same I might even do it before. Switch my registration to independent so I don't count as a statistic for any $#@!ty party.

    Edit: was trying to quote the guy who was bailing on the republicans

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Rand should go Indy. Just like I said Ron should have back in 2011/12. The media would then pay the $#@! attention and the people would have a real option to vote for in a 2 way race.

    Dem/Rep (same pile of $#@!) vs Indy Rand Paul
    He doesn't have the support to pull off an Indy run. It would just be a joke. Ron at least had a vocal grassroots that could have made an indy run worthwhile .

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Walking off stage is only a viable strategy of he isn't getting a fair shake, like at the 2nd debate.

    Basically the perfect time to implement that tactic would be if he isn't getting a fair shake at the debates AND you feel confident the poll numbers aren't good enough to get you into the next debate.
    What does he have to lose?

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    What does he have to lose?
    His senate reelection.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Walking off stage is only a viable strategy of he isn't getting a fair shake, like at the 2nd debate.

    Basically the perfect time to implement that tactic would be if he isn't getting a fair shake at the debates AND you feel confident the poll numbers aren't good enough to get you into the next debate.
    There's certain rules to the debates the candidates must agree to and sign before participating. Breaking the rules can result in fines. Although the candidates aren't allowed to discuss the rules publicly, I'm sure walking off the debate stage isn't allowed.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    The Tea Party never had a message. It was a flavor of the day sort of thing. The # of Tea Party groups and "leaders" shows that. Trump claims to be a Tea Party guy and there are plenty of Tea Party people who support him, yet we also have TP influence and support. So what gives? Their advantage was the constant demagoguery they employed.
    I understand what you are saying, but I disagree they didn't have a message. Their message was an emotion of anger and frustration and offered a "grieving party" solution for fellow victimized members of the party to stand up, introduce themselves [queue: group hello] and channel energy more broadly beyond a single candidate. So what if they didn't channel a particular cause of that emotional motivation. That's not to say we can't replicate a message based on emotion AND reason.

    What I mean to say is we need a group, beyond the Pauls and beyond Libertarianism, that leads to a natural tendency toward a candidate like Rand vs. pushing Ron/Rand and expecting people to accept ideals unnatural to their current way of thinking. Let's be honest, many ignore our message because of Ron and Rand Paul. I think that's to be expected since we've attached a particular personality to our message out of necessity from these past presidential campaigns. We've never quite figured out Ron Paul's ultimate objective in forming such contingent in the party. We've deified him to a degree. That's lead to bad expectations that we should be Libertarian, or Rand should be Ron Paul, or if we should be something more palatable to the GOP.

    What the hell are we, exactly? This question sort of torments me at the moment.

    The media's narrative is that Libertarians have rejected Rand. That the libertarian wing of the GOP is too small to matter. That libertarian-leaning Rand Paul can't figure out if he's Libertarian or Republican and that this somehow represents a watering down of both either Ted Cruz and Ron Paul... not worthy of attention or support by either group. I wonder where we would be today if we had focused on something like a Tea Party in 2008/2012. The best example that's come out of this movement to what I'm alluding to is probably the Blue Republicans. That was pretty clever and "pandered" to the appeal of a broader base outside of just Ron Paul.

    I intentionally throw this idea out here on this Fox News poll... because I think I'd much enjoy tearing down that conglomerate of propaganda from a more general standpoint of the common Republican mind as opposed to pushing Ron/Rand.

    It could be selfishness or a cry for a solution, but I digress.
    Last edited by dusman; 11-22-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

    "I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

  30. #26
    Rand's political team has to be wondering wtf.

    Pandering to the mouth-breathing wing(s) of the party has accomplished nothing.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by scottditzen View Post
    Rand's political team has to be wondering wtf.

    Pandering to the mouth-breathing wing(s) of the party has accomplished nothing.
    Nothing that translates into the official poll numbers.

  32. #28
    Rand just had the complete wrong strategy from the start, his dad would of had a better chance in 2016 than he did. It is what it is, the GOP created its own Frankenstein with Trump and the reality is the the base of the party is closer to Trump view-wise than they are some PC beltway elitist that dictates party policy from an ivory tower.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    After this election I'm seriously thinking about bailing out of the R party.
    If this piece of scum Clinton somehow weasels herself into the white house I'm leaving the country. Stay and fight for what? Look around. Fully 90% or more of these people are lost, deluded, spoiled, arrogant, ignorant filth. Some of the worst examples of "humanity" since Rome. I hate being in public anymore. Can't stand to even be around most people, or touch anything they've touched.

    No matter who wins it's downhill for awhile. America is an Idea more than a place and this place has lost it. I hope the masses have fun battling the IRS because they didn't run out and buy corporate insurance- the R's have apparently decided to stop lying about how they want to get rid of it- and why would they, it's a republican idea. At least Trump isn't afraid to talk about it. And while you, the reader, read this the US Government has dropped another $10,000 on bombing and invading lands 8,000 miles away (more than $2,000 per second- and it goes on and on).



    And one more thing- I hope that those who love liberty and Ron's message find another candidate or two outside the Pauls -tying the entire movement to one family is a disaster. Why has this happened?

  34. #30
    There is a whole subforum here for liberty candidates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •