Thread: Saint John Bel Beats Diaper Vitter in Louisiana Governor Race

Saint John Bel Beats Diaper Vitter in Louisiana Governor Race

The crook beats the adulterer. Gee, what "choices" Louisianans had!

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s..._democrat.html

State Rep. John Bel Edwards, a relatively unknown Democrat from a rural Amite, will be the state's next governor after toppling Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., in one of the biggest political upsets in the state's history.

No state in the Deep South has had a Democratic governor since Kathleen Blanco left office eight years ago. A Democrat hasn't even come within spitting distance of statewide office in Louisiana since 2008, when former U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu won reelection.

That all changed Saturday (Nov. 21) as Edwards came out of nowhere to take down a Republican candidate once seen as unbeatable in a solidly Red State.
    Last edited by PaleoPaul; 11-21-2015 at 09:37 PM.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    The crook beats the adulterer. Gee, what "choices" Louisianans had!

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s..._democrat.html
    He's not a crook. He's no relation to Edwin Edwards.

Louisiana is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Louisiana is weird.
    Not that weird. They just ran a uniquely bad candidate, sort of like Todd Akin.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I'm guessing this will destroy any chance Roger "turn that mic off" Villere might have had at the RNC chair.

Media is retarded. Louisiana is not really a safe red state, and might not even be a red state for that matter The only reason it even looked that way is Katrina pushed a lot of poor Democrats to another state.