Thread: Next Debate Question: Did any of you GOP candidates vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012?

Next Debate Question: Did any of you GOP candidates vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012?

How will the following question impact GOP race?

"Did any of you GOP candidates vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012?"

Ben Carson and Chris Christie may have surprising answers.

EXCLUSIVE: Records show Ben Carson became Republican less than one year ago

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/exc...-one-year-ago/

2008 Roundtable discussion with Marian Wright Edelman
    In 2008, weeks after Obama won the presidency, Carson appeared at a U.S. News and World Report round table Q&A with Marian Wright Edelman, the woman who eulogized Saul Alinsky at his funeral in 1972.When asked to express his feelings about the election, Dr. Carson was excited that those "young black males" finally had their role model. "It's absolutely a wonderful thing that our country can elect somebody who looks like Barack Obama."

2008 January 11, PBS Q&A on religion and ethics
    On healthcare as a "moral issue:"
    Dr. Carson: I see the insurance issue, the coverage of people for health care in our country, as a huge moral issue. And, you know, for the richest country in the world to have 47 million people without health insurance is ridiculous.

On immigration:
    [W]e continue to harass and deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their families."

On Hollywood:
    Prejudice is generally born out of ignorance and the propagation of myths; fortunately, Hollywood and the media have eliminated a great deal of misinformation about different races and nationalities.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...own_words.html

On The Defensive, Ben Carson Unleashes Litany Of Anti-Obama Conspiracy Theories
    Nov 7, 2015
    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...racy-theories/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Didn't Trump vote for Obama in 2008? If not, he sure spoke as though he supported him back in 2008-2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

Carson, who had been registered as a Republican, changed his registration to independent in the 1990s after watching Republicans impeach President Clinton for perjury and obstruction of justice regarding an extramarital affair with Monica Lewinsky. "I just saw so much hypocrisy in both parties", he said.[41] In February 2013, Carson said he was not a member of any political party.[42]

In his book America the Beautiful (2013), he wrote: "I believe it is a very good idea for physicians, scientists, engineers, and others trained to make decisions based on facts and empirical data to get involved in the political arena."[43][44] On November 4, 2014, the day the 2014 midterms, he rejoined the Republican Party, saying it was "truly a pragmatic move" because he was considering running for president in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson
    "I just saw so much hypocrisy in both parties", he said.[41] In February 2013, Carson said he was not a member of any political party.[42]
    EM.
    Do you buy his explanation?

In 2008, weeks after Obama won the presidency, Carson appeared at a U.S. News and World Report round table Q&A with Marian Wright Edelman, the woman who eulogized Saul Alinsky at his funeral in 1972.When asked to express his feelings about the election, Dr. Carson was excited that those "young black males" finally had their role model. "It's absolutely a wonderful thing that our country can elect somebody who looks like Barack Obama."

Dr. Carson: I see the insurance issue, the coverage of people for health care in our country, as a huge moral issue. And, you know, for the richest country in the world to have 47 million people without health insurance is ridiculous.

Nov 7, 2015

Ben Carson: Obamacare worst thing 'since slavery'
    The Washington Post
    Oct 11, 2013 - "You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery," Carson, who is African American, said ...

"It's absolutely a wonderful thing that our country can elect somebody who looks like Barack Obama."
    Doesn't necessarily mean he agrees with Obama on most issues.

As a doctor, I can understand why he is concerned about health insurance and access to medical treatment for people. Ron Paul was a doctor too.

Ron on the issue:http://www.ronpaul.com/health-care/

In these United States of America, many people cannot afford even basic health insurance. They suffer severely under the present system and have to live under the constant fear of not knowing what they will do if they or their loved ones ever fall seriously ill.
    Would you consider him a Democrat for having that position? Do you think he might have voted for Obama?

Both agreed on ObamaCare too.

Oct 11, 2013 - "You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery," Carson, who is African American, said ...
    The current system is most definitely broken, and it must eventually be abolished if we want to regain both our health and our freedom.

But Obamacare is the worst possible answer. All it does is perpetuate a flawed system by forcing everyone to become a client of insurance companies, even those who don’t want to or need to participate.
    (same link as above)

True Ron did not compare it to slavery.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-21-2015 at 05:55 PM.

That is a lot of refuting of peripheral things that were not even part of main argument. How do you do it

Before we proceed, you didn't answer the simple question.

Do you buy his explanation on "hypocrisy"?

If yes, do you think GOP today is less or more or about same hypocritical towards Obama as it was towards Bill Clinton?

In addition to what is stated above, only assertion I'm leaning towards making is that he comes across as a hypocrite and an idiot on quite a few issues.

I agree with him that both parties have a lot of hypocrisy- especially at that time.

At the same time he was trying to nail Bill Clinton for the Monica thing Newt Gingrich was having an affair of his own with an intern and was forced to resign.

Also at that time another Republican, Robert Livingston of Louisiana had his own affair come to light. His wife asked him to resign.

Bob Barr, Republican of Georgia was the first to call for Clinton to resign. He lost in the next primary because he had his own affair.

It occurred several years earlier but Henry Hyde (R- Ill) had it revealed that he had three kids with his mistress and that news came out during the Clinton hearings.

Helen Chenoweth-Hage, Republican from Idaho called for Clinton resign- before admitting she had her own six year affair with a married man before becoming a politician the same year Clinton was indicted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-21-2015 at 08:18 PM.

I agree with him that both parties have a lot of hypocrisy.
    Then using his previously invoked principle, he should quit both parties, right?

Do you see Ben Carson as a hypocrite?

To answer your question, considering below I think it would be surprising if he did not vote for Obama in a prior election:

On immigration:
    [W]e continue to harass and deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their families."

On Hollywood:
    Prejudice is generally born out of ignorance and the propagation of myths; fortunately, Hollywood and the media have eliminated a great deal of misinformation about different races and nationalities.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Then using his previously invoked principle, he should quit both parties, right?

To answer your question, considering below I think it would be surprising if he did not vote for Obama in a prior election:

On immigration:

On Hollywood:

Ben Carson did quit both parties (well, he quit one and didn't join the other). Then to run for President he joined with a major party- recognizing that third party candidates don't win. Ron Paul did the same thing- running as a Republican instead of going independent. Ron resigned from the Republican Party in 1987 to run on the Libertarian ticket and later rejoined it too so they are similar in that as well.

By your criteria, Ron Paul must have voted for Obama too since he made similar statements. Do you think he did?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-21-2015 at 07:13 PM.

To sum it up, you see no hypocrisy in Ben Carson's politics , i.e., his milking of the white evangelicals disdain for "black muslim in the white house" ?

Nov 7, 2015

Ben Carson: Obamacare worst thing 'since slavery'
    The Washington Post

Carson called Obama a "black muslim"? Link?

That would be an easy question for the GOP debate. All would say no then go on explain how bad Obama is.

Some internet commenters have attacked Carson for voting Democrat in 1972.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

You do realize that Ron Paul quit the Republican Party too for awhile, because of the hypocrisy he saw.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

They lie about everything else. What makes you think they would answer truthfully? Does it even matter?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ben Carson did quit both parties (well, he quit one and didn't join the other). Then to run for President he joined with a major party- recognizing that third party candidates don't win. Ron Paul did the same thing- running as a Republican instead of going independent. Ron resigned from the Republican Party in 1987 to run on the Libertarian ticket and later rejoined it too so they are similar in that as well.

By your criteria, Ron Paul must have voted for Obama too since he made similar statements. Do you think he did?
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You do realize that Ron Paul quit the Republican Party too for awhile, because of the hypocrisy he saw.
    Context matters.
    If RP had said followings things in 2008, became Republican 6 months before running for POTUS seat switching from an "independent" party that called for incraese in taxes.. yes it will be natural question who did he vote for in 2008.