Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40% of Millennials OK with limiting speech offensive to minorities

40% of Millennials OK with limiting speech offensive to minorities

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...to-minorities/

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Research
    American Millennials are far more likely than older generations to say the government should be able to prevent people from saying offensive statements about minority groups, according to a new analysis of Pew Research Center survey data on free speech and media across the globe.

We asked whether people believe that citizens should be able to make public statements that are offensive to minority groups, or whether the government should be able to prevent people from saying these things. Four-in-ten Millennials say the government should be able to prevent people publicly making statements that are offensive to minority groups, while 58% said such speech is OK.

Even though a larger share of Millennials favor allowing offensive speech against minorities, the 40% who oppose it is striking given that only around a quarter of Gen Xers (27%) and Boomers (24%) and roughly one-in-ten Silents (12%) say the government should be able to prevent such speech.

Compared with people we surveyed in dozens of nations, Americans as a whole are less likely to favor the government being able to prevent speech of any kind.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Millennials are little $#@!ing pussies. So...............

TPTB: apparently we still have not indoctrinated everybody, 11% to go. Should be done by the end of the year.

dp
    Last edited by timosman; 11-21-2015 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup. Bunch of limp wrists taught to obey. Rules are rules don't cha know?

$#@! minorities.

$#@! Millennials.

$#@! politically correct speech.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Anyone favoring such censorship is a candy-ass, tyrant-scrotum-licking pussy.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Yup. Bunch of limp wrists taught to obey. Rules are rules don't cha know?
    There's a few good ones around.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    $#@! Millennials.

I'm in favor of completely free speech. I really don't care what people have to say, how offensive it may be to me. Threatening, well, that's a matter of perception too. In most cases. So yea, say what you want so long as you leave other people alone.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 11-21-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! minorities.

$#@! Millennials.

Now, don't go making them feel oppressed!

I'm very happy that my Millennial is part of the other 60% with brains and was raised correctly.

$#@! minorities.

$#@! Millennials.

And $#@! you.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    And $#@! you.
    $#@! you too, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    $#@! you too, sir.
    + rep
    "The Patriarch"

You guys are so funny. Reworded another way, 60% or a MAJORITY of millennials are NOT in favor of doing this! /endsarc

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    You guys are so funny. Reworded another way, 60% or a MAJORITY of millennials are NOT in favor of doing this! /endsarc
    lol yeah... and yet another:

60% of respondents to some question answered something that might reflect their position on the matter.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Yeah, the young people will save us. LOLOLOLOL

US Survey: ‘Striking’ Percentage of U.S. Millennials Favor Governmental Power to Prevent Speech Offensive to Minorities

More from Pew:

We asked whether people believe that citizens should be able to make public statements that are offensive to minority groups, or whether the government should be able to prevent people from saying these things. Four-in-ten Millennials say the government should be able to prevent people publicly making statements that are offensive to minority groups, while 58% said such speech is OK.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...to-minorities/
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah. Now go look at the numbers that Bernie Sanders brings to his rallies and then compare them to Ron Paul's.

I do not have much hope left.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yeah. Now go look at the numbers that Bernie Sanders brings to his rallies and then compare them to Ron Paul's.

I do not have much hope left.
    Don't lose hope, Rand is doing great. Over the past few days hes surging, from 4% to about 4.2%
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What makes you all want to share sentiments like this?

Are polls with high margins of error all of a sudden valid if they support your cynicism?

Millennials don't get their news from 'The Blaze', on that we can be proud and hopeful.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    What makes you all want to share sentiments like this?

Are polls with high margins of error all of a sudden valid if they support your cynicism?

Millennials don't get their news from 'The Blaze', on that we can be proud and hopeful.
    Blowback
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Young people want to get laid. Their attention is fickle. They will line up behind anybody/anything who allows them to accomplish this. Most of the time it is a fad of the year. South Park latest episode explains this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sponsored_Content

If young people were driving anything, Ron would be president right now.

I wouldn't worry too much about Bernie Sanders.

Let's not be so cynical. We were all young once....and some of us were also idealistic. Those young people will grow up, they will get jobs, pay taxes, have families. And then they'll figure it all out, all we all did. There IS hope.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    If young people were driving anything, Ron would be president right now.

I wouldn't worry too much about Bernie Sanders.

Let's not be so cynical. We were all young once....and some of us were also idealistic. Those young people will grow up, they will get jobs, pay taxes, have families. And then they'll figure it all out, all we all did. There IS hope.
    Hope is not a strategy. Most grown ups have not figured anything out either. I still hope the polls are wrong.

Attention youngsters;

Look around in class tomorrow, it's easy to pick out the next crop of government employees.....

Bullies=Kops

Teachers pet=Bureaucrat

Manipulative=Lawyer/politician

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell the 40% to go ahead and limit THEIR speech. It's fine and OK, by me.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Hope is not a strategy. Most grown ups have not figured anything out either. I still hope the polls are wrong.
    I didn't say hope is a strategy.

Yeah, the State will save us. LOLOLOLOL
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

I'm not OK with limiting speech (by mandate) ...but it would be nice if people could just be civil on their own accord. As in, restrict themselves from being offensive. Too much to hope for?

The millenials are the butt hurt commie generation. My generation of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I'm not OK with limiting speech (by mandate) ...but it would be nice if people could just be civil on their own accord. As in, restrict themselves from being offensive. Too much to hope for?
    Well, let's just start with the 40% of the Millennial speech limiting volunteers and then we'll just see how it goes from there on out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast