Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul stops McConnell

Paul stops McConnell

RAND PAUL FORCES MITCH MCCONNELL TO PULL BILL OFF SENATE FLOOR OVER REFUGEE HOUSING: ‘I WILL NOT BACK DOWN’

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93%
    forced his own party’s leadership to yank a bill off the floor of the Senate on Thursday over refugee housing, a significant political and policy victory for the Kentucky Senator and 2016 GOP presidential candidate.

Paul also blasted Senate leadership on Thursday for not considering his amendment to the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development funding bill that would have blocked any current refugees in the United States from getting public housing.

“Well I think what boggles my mind is the biggest issue in our country right now is keeping us safe from attack,” Paul told Breitbart News on Thursday afternoon when reached by phone. “My amendment tells the president that we don’t approve of bringing more people here from the Middle East until we have adequate controls on who’s here already. My amendment was not only pertinent to the biggest issue of the day, it was also germane to the bill. Both parties tried to stop me from offering it and that’s a tragedy.”
    Well i hope this gets more coverage than just Breitbart. He is considered establishment for endorsing Mitch over there, now this has them changing their tune.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's getting some love on Breitbart comments right now.

Updoot in 20 secs or you will never have calcium and good bones again:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ent-2368909329

The new theory over in the comment section is that this is a trick, and it seems that Trump supporters are the only ones who can detect it. Yes the ones who believe Donald Trump is anti-establishment.

My favorite part...

The significance of what just happened can’t be understated. Paul just took on the Senate Majority Leader of his own political party–who’s also from his own state of Kentucky–and won.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    RAND PAUL FORCES MITCH MCCONNELL TO PULL BILL OFF SENATE FLOOR OVER REFUGEE HOUSING: ‘I WILL NOT BACK DOWN’

Well i hope this gets more coverage than just Breitbart. He is considered establishment for endorsing Mitch over there, now this has them changing their tune.
    Changing their tune? Not in the latest block of comments I saw. Maybe the tone of sentiment differs in some other section of comments, that I didn't see; but most of what I saw somehow got translated in the demented minds of the writers to "GO TRUMP". The bile rising in my throat stopped me from reading comments further. Good article but apparently most Breitbart commenters aren't strong in the critical thinking skills category. SMDH.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand has the sweet spot on this issue. He can be "tough on terror", while all he's really doing is stopping welfare transfers.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Changing their tune? Not in the latest block of comments I saw. Maybe the tone of sentiment differs in some other section of comments, that I didn't see; but most of what I saw somehow got translated in the demented minds of the writers to "GO TRUMP". The bile rising in my throat stopped me from reading comments further. Good article but apparently most Breitbart commenters aren't strong in the critical thinking skills category. SMDH.
    They are the Trump Bots

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Yeah, i didn't see a whole lot of that, but you are correct about the critical thinking part. Some will not listen to reason or give credit where credit is due. There is no getting through to those people.

This issue is also making him look good on border security and immigration. For Trump supporters this is the main issue and the core reason they are voting for Trump.
    Last edited by tommyrp12; 11-19-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Yeah, i didn't see a whole lot of that, but you are correct about the critical thinking part. Some will not listen to reason or give credit where credit is due. There is no getting through to those people.

This issue is also making him look good on border security and immigration. For Trump supporters this is the main issue and the core reason they are voting for Trump.
    Most of these Trump-bots have the stench of astro-turf on them. I've engaged these people several times over there and all of their responses sound 100% canned. There are about 10-12 accounts on there that represent the bulk of the pro-Trump comments, and occasional single drive-by pro-Trump comments that look like sock accounts. I'm not saying that Trump's poll number's aren't real (most people are stupid enough to believe his crap), but the type of people who are supporting him are not motivated to the point of playing volunteer internet hit-man. This all smells like paid staff to me.

Cruz followers are just as bad after meeting a craze lady fanatic of his.................

I hope Rand keeps up the fight!

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Most of these Trump-bots have the stench of astro-turf on them. I've engaged these people several times over there and all of their responses sound 100% canned. There are about 10-12 accounts on there that represent the bulk of the pro-Trump comments, and occasional single drive-by pro-Trump comments that look like sock accounts. I'm not saying that Trump's poll number's aren't real (most people are stupid enough to believe his crap), but the type of people who are supporting him are not motivated to the point of playing volunteer internet hit-man. This all smells like paid staff to me.
    Paid just like his announcement lmao. Man I missed the handout for that day!

Put my 2 cents in there.

Waiting for Cruz to take credit for in 5-4-3....
    "The Patriarch"

The MSM has been completely blacking out Rand as an actual Presidential candidate is basically taking on the role of protecting us from ISIS all by himself in the Senate.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Updoot in 20 secs or you will never have calcium and good bones again:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ent-2368909329

Thank mr. skeltal
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

It's all part of Paul's master plan. It almost seems as though he is trying to time his rise in this race as everything gets closer to Iowa. Hence, his rhetoric and fine tuning his message is taking shape. And now this, taking on Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    It's all part of Paul's master plan. It almost seems as though he is trying to time his rise in this race as everything gets closer to Iowa. Hence, his rhetoric and fine tuning his message is taking shape. And now this, taking on Mitchell.
    Moo ha ha.....
    "The Patriarch"

Drudge this and submit it to The Blaze. This will help cool off some of the people that can't get over the McConnell endorsement.

I had a feeling this was coming at some point. I knew Rand wouldn't let that endorsement hang over his head forever.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Just sent Drudge the news tip.

Keep the comments coming. Looking really positive over there.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Rand has the sweet spot on this issue. He can be "tough on terror", while all he's really doing is stopping welfare transfers.
    This.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is he playing the 3D chess-master again?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

He said in this interview if they try to do a cloture vote tomorrow, he is prepared to filibuster:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...how-11-19-2015

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    They are the Trump Bots
    Trumpkins is the term I'm seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I don't know, if a good opportunity arises, Rand will usually take it but it doesn't always work. I do hope it works though.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I don't know, if a good opportunity arises, Rand will usually take it but it doesn't always work. I do hope it works though.
    Perception here being that Rand is taking on Mitch (almost every Republican HATES outside of KY) and that he is being anti-establishment while being seen as the protector of people's tax dollars against unneeded welfare for non-Americans.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

written by our good friend and long-time rpf'er, Michelle Fields!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search....rchid=17024309
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast