Thread: Rand Paul: It's 'bulls--t' to collect phone records after Paris attacks

Rand Paul: It's 'bulls--t' to collect phone records after Paris attacks

Washington (CNN)Rand Paul says it's "bulls--t" to argue that U.S. government surveillance needs to be ramped up as a result of the Paris attacks.

At a campaign event at George Washington University, the Kentucky senator told the crowd that the National Security Agency's bulk collection of phone record data hasn't been stopped, despite a judge's order, due to a six-month window to end the program.

"So when they stand up on television and say the tragedy in Paris means you have to give up your liberty, we need more phone surveillance -- bulls--t!" Paul said.
    Paul's libertarian leanings have been at the center of his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. He has opposed U.S. intervention in the Middle East as well as government surveillance programs.

He also has called for a stoppage to the visa waiver program allowing European citizens to travel to the U.S. freely, saying we should only allow Global Entry travelers, who get a background check, to enter freely.

He reiterated that position Thursday to CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

"When a whole section of the world is saying they want to come here and attack us ... we have to be careful," Paul said. "It's hard to tell friend from foe."
    Give em salty language hell Rand! Video at link.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/19/politi...nce/index.html
    Last edited by carlton; 11-19-2015 at 02:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. Well if you aren't going to win playing nice you might as well take the gloves off.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I can't get the video to play. Anyone got a Youtube version?
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Trump gets praised for his language and stupid attacks. Rand will be blasted for this I'm sure.

Speaking to a packed room of young supporters on Thursday, Rand Paul said it was “bull$#@!” to believe that the U.S. government must broaden its surveillance powers in the wake of the Paris attacks.

Paul has been a leading critic of the National Security Agency’s metadata collection program that collects phone and other records of Americans en masse.

Speaking to about 600 students, and turning away more due to maximum capacity, at George Washington University in Washington, DC, the senator and 2016 Republican presidential candidate said “So when they stand up on television and say the tragedy in Paris means you have to give up your liberty, we need more phone surveillance — bull$#@!!”

Many have speculated that Republicans hawks running for president now have an advantage over the libertarian-leaning Paul after the recent terrorist attacks.
    On Tuesday, Senator Marco Rubio said “At least two of my colleagues in the Senate aspiring to the presidency… have voted to weaken the U.S. intelligence programs,” referring to Paul and Senator Ted Cruz’s anti-NSA mass collection positions.

“I think we need to restore the metadata program, which was part of the Patriot Act,” said Jeb Bush on Monday, during an appearance on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.
    Paul told the mostly student crowd on Thursday, “There is a danger in this war on terrorism — and make no mistake, we do have to defend ourselves — that we give up the very liberty that separates us from them.”

“What separates a civilized people from barbarians?” Paul asked. “It’s believing in the individual, believing in privacy and believing in a government that leaves us alone.”

“Anybody here just want to be left alone?” Paul asked the crowd.

http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-calls...xuur5ZtIIkP.99
    Rand is coming on strong these past two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    I can't get the video to play. Anyone got a Youtube version?
    Rand Paul for Peace

It's how you get airtime...why do you think Trump always gets the headlines. He probably has a new marketing director on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Trump gets praised for his language and stupid attacks. Rand will be blasted for this I'm sure.
    Yup.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Lol! Tell like it is, Rand!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

$#@! it just go nuclear. Give the voters what they want. Attack attack attack but don't be fake like all the others.

Rand needs to stop using harsh language like that, instead of saying mass surveillance is bull$#@! he needs to say mass surveillance is mildly upsetting
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    $#@! it just go nuclear. Give the voters what they want. Attack attack attack but don't be fake like all the others.
    Well maybe not nuclear, but it doesn't hurt if 'they' don't know what to anticipate.

Couple this with his debate performance and what happened in the senate with Mcconnel.

Observe, Adapt and Win.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Rand needs to stop using harsh language like that, instead of saying mass surveillance is bull$#@! he needs to say mass surveillance is mildly upsetting
    What do you have against mass surveillance?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Now see, that, combined with the mocking of the 'free speech zone' is how you do a zinger.

"Are we in the free speech zone?"
    lol, nice

awesome all the way around. good stuff rand

Well Rand has the most complete principled truth of all of them and America finally seems to be in the mood for unvarnished truth.Thank youoooo,thank youoooo,marcohhhhhh,marcohhhh - just spit out the truth in a conversational tone.Let it out.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They'll just say Rand is too "thin skinned" and not presidential enough to take the pressures of a vigorous campaign trail.

$#@!s...
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What do you have against mass surveillance?
    Its not mass enough, or the Paris attacks would have been thwarted
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

And if that's not effective, some strongly worded emails are in order. They'll be read, no matter what.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Its not mass enough, or the Paris attacks would have been thwarted
    Surveillance of Catholic Mass would have prevented that? I say include Mosques.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Vote for Rand Paul.

End the Bull$#@!!

(Sounds like a new slogan. At least a T-shirt.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Vote for Rand Paul.

End the Bull$#@!!

I would buy one. I $#@! you not!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Vote for Rand Paul.

End the Bull$#@!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I would buy one. I $#@! you not!
    Sign me up! Where can I buy one