Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rand surges to 4th in the latest national poll!

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Welcome to the muck LLP.

Maybe you have been around for a while, but in case you haven't, a lot of us have been trudging through this stuff for 8 years--a few even more. People sacrificed A LOT in '07 and '11 to get the liberty movement on the National Stage. We don't really have secret billionaires, nor do we have a gigantic base to draw from like a progressive populist like Bernie. To keep people sacrificing you have to make it worth it, and it is really difficult for Rand to make that case when he is marginalized by polling.

Which is why so many of us ABSOLUTELY HATE what Cruz is doing to the momentum the Liberty Movement was garnering. Splitting the vote, cutting Rand's hopes of having mainstream Social Conservative support, undercutting Rand's Tea Party support, tainting the 'brand' among mainstream and liberal voters--it is disgusting. He has no shot at winning the presidency, his views make no sense in conjunction with his background and family.

I digress. I promised I would see Rand through the first votes were cast, but unless you want to risk burning out, you need to quickly learn to set limits and realize when thing are out of your hands. The Liberty Movement needs continual flames, not a few sparks.
    Agreed we need continual flames for Liberty.

I started following politics my senior year in high school in 2006 when I graduated but did not get serious until 2010. I am still fresh to the game. I have only started to look at forums in 2012 for politics to grow myself. I pray Rand starts breaking down the barrier of ignorance.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Some of us cow herding simpletons support Rand.
    Actually, most of the cow herding simpletons I know support Rand.
    The people of which you speak are too dumb and lazy to herd cows.
    Most people are too dumb and lazy to herd cows.
    I apologize for my tune but I had one of those Cruz supporters come into my tax office calling Rand creepy so I am a little peeved. She brought the election up randomly and I asked who did she like. No lie in this order: Cruz, Trump, and Carson. I tried to see how she thought of Rand by asking about other candidates and she said he creeped her. Wtf............Cruz people are just as bad as Trumps...........low information voters

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLibertyPursuit View Post
    I apologize for my tune but I had one of those Cruz supporters come into my tax office calling Rand creepy so I am a little peeved. She brought the election up randomly and I asked who did she like. No lie in this order: Cruz, Trump, and Carson. I tried to see how she thought of Rand by asking about other candidates and she said he creeped her. Wtf............Cruz people are just as bad as Trumps...........low information voters
    The upside to that is Cruz, Carson, Trump are all 3 going after the same pool of primary voters, which makes up maybe 40% of the GOP- not enough to win the nomination, and definitely not enough to win a general election.

Yes, if only she had more information, she would be a Rand supporter
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    "Surges"

*checks polls*
    6%...
    Yes these misleading thread titles are getting a little old.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

In the 2 recent post-debate polls that are on RCP, they are having Rand at 2% and 3% only. No surge, or even an improvement, there.
    Last edited by ssunlimited; 11-19-2015 at 05:24 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssunlimited View Post
    In the 2 recent post-debate polls that are on RCP, they are having Rand at 2% and 3% only. No surge, or even an improvement, there.
    If you are not first you are last?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    If you are not first you are last?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by ssunlimited View Post
    What?
    The Rand Paul surge will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The Rand Paul surge will not be televised.
    I don't see any surge here or there. It seems just a lucky increase. It is within the MoE. It could be just that it's MoE showing higher than before.

You will know the surge is legit when he hits 7%.

I dunno if it was an appropriate time, but I'd bring up Kelley Paul and have them look into videos of her talking about her family and and her husband. The fact is he has a hot wife and a stable family, there is no reason he should be creeping females out.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Please tell me I have not wasted half a K on Rand because a lot came from my savings. I have never donated money to any campaign my third up coming election cycle for me to participate in and I feel like this is getting to be pointless. I am trying to stay hopefully and optimistic. God, Americans are stupid. Bunch of cow herding simpletons that cannot think without propaganda thrown at them and misinformation from media spoon fed to them. It's like Rand is not suppose to win. The world events, the marginalization by media, and even his base. Wtf if this was Ron, this place would riot nonstop but since it's his son and Rand has tried to play politician, some see him tainted and so impure that they rather place blame. Place blame and moan, sounds like a cycle of people in blinders that allow their own pride and ego to rule over rationality! We have a chance to win but it's like some rather waive the white flag and quit. I keep pounding Rand's points, people are slowly realizing what is happening but we need to unify as a group, I thought he was trending up. Someone please cheer me up...........
    There is still a lot that will happen. Between now and when the voting starts, and even after the voting starts.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I dunno if it was an appropriate time, but I'd bring up Kelley Paul and have them look into videos of her talking about her family and and her husband. The fact is he has a hot wife and a stable family, there is no reason he should be creeping females out.
    Women by nature like being taken care of. They love the nanny state.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Insider at Ipsos is saying Trump is at 45% today, will be released in three days... God help us.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with these "online" polls that these news agencies seem to be running this cycle? A new one came out this morning from NBC/Survey Monkey. I just don't trust em, and it's not even because Rand doesn't even register, I just don't understand the method.

EDIT: apparently online scientific polls are usually pretty accurate, however, Survey Monkey has its flaws. FWIW

Breakdown of the Poll: http://www.scribd.com/doc/290464180/...-ONLY-11-20-15

Breakdown of age groups:

18-29 | 996
    30-44 | 1167
    45-64 | 2566
    65+ | 1026
    Last edited by bronc_fan23; 11-20-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    I have an even crazier and more far-fetched idea: he wants to be President, and he thinks he'll make a good one.
    Um, that's covered in points a and b of my post. If you're only skimming my comments why reply?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

I can't believe he's actually plummeting in the polls after the two decent ones this week. He says he's in it until the end, but once he reaches 1% or less he will be excluded from everything and the campaign will be null and void. I fear that is rapidly approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    I can't believe he's actually plummeting in the polls after the two decent ones this week. He says he's in it until the end, but once he reaches 1% or less he will be excluded from everything and the campaign will be null and void. I fear that is rapidly approaching.
    Actually polls are flat. He's currently in the debate and will likely stay.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Yes, if only she had more information, she would be a Rand supporter
    Working for the state I have to be careful as a revenue officer so I nodded my head and steered the conversation back to her business that needed to get current with the state smh.
    Last edited by LifeLibertyPursuit; 11-20-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Correction to quoting

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yeah I have to be careful about politics at my office as a state revenue officer but trust me I would pull up every video and his website for her.

Working for the state I have to be careful as a revenue officer so I nodded my head and steered the conversation back to her business that needed to get current with the state smh.
    REVENUER!!! Why don't you quit your job??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    REVENUER!!! Why don't you quit your job??
    I guess I am redcoat/turncoat/loyalist to the crown.

Trust me if the job field was more robust, my tail would be somewhere else lol

I try to help all to get all they can get back from the state and to minimize balances owed to this ridiculous state. The state charges more than the mafia hands down in taxes especially the penalties.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234