Thread: Saudi Arabia: Friend Or Foe?

Saudi Arabia: Friend Or Foe?

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At the 9:15 mark, they discuss the US-Saudi-Israel coalition (marriage of convenience?).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How about the master?

Are they still cashing our checks?

From this video:

We've made the argument that our intervention and our bombing and the killing over many years since 9/11 , our involvement in the middle east, we have participated in the killing of about 3 million muslims.
    ~Ron Paul

Is this number, 3 million, correct? Does anyone know or have a link to where this argument is made?

Well. We are observing a growing crisis facing Saudi Arabia. There is an increase to the severity of that crisis in part do to Russia's intervention in Syria. Aside from this, Russia holds a unique position in the global petroleum industry. As it is, Russia is the only nation to scientifically test the notion of whether or not hydrocarbons are actually fossil fuels.

Coincidentally, here is a relevant read on that. Getting into new energy fields - http://journal-neo.org/2015/10/09/oh...e-is-thy-peak/

The point here is that saudi Arabia is under severe internal and external pressure. Oil is its one and only viable export to the world. It has absolutely nothing else to offer.

And here is another good read about that when placed into context - Why The Collapse Of Saudi Arabia Is Inevitable

Now while this may indicate why we see so much recklessness in the region by Saudi Arabia, there are some other things going on that are indicated in the piece here.

Here we go....

On Tuesday 22 September, Middle East Eye broke the story of a senior member of the Saudi royal family calling for a “change” in leadership to fend off the kingdom’s collapse.

In a letter circulated among Saudi princes, its author, a grandson of the late King Abdulaziz Ibn Saud, blamed incumbent King Salman for creating unprecedented problems that endangered the monarchy’s continued survival.

“We will not be able to stop the draining of money, the political adolescence, and the military risks unless we change the methods of decision making, even if that implied changing the king himself,” warned the letter.

Whether or not an internal royal coup is round the corner – and informed observers think such a prospect “fanciful” – the letter’s analysis of Saudi Arabia’s dire predicament is startlingly accurate.

Like many countries in the region before it, Saudi Arabia is on the brink of a perfect storm of interconnected challenges that, if history is anything to judge by, will be the monarchy’s undoing well within the next decade.
    "political adolescence." Now that is an interesting term. And a relevant one. We see this from Saudi Arabia. So, then, their problem isn't necessarily just oil. Their entire systyem is under collapse.

Anyhow. Back to the piece...

Like many of its neighbours, such deep-rooted structural realities mean that Saudi Arabia is indeed on the brink of protracted state failure, a process likely to take-off in the next few years, becoming truly obvious well within a decade.

Sadly, those few members of the royal family who think they can save their kingdom from its inevitable demise by a bit of experimental regime-rotation are no less deluded than those they seek to remove.
    It is true that we are seeing cultural and religious implications in the region with it's current policy that revolves around the U.S. or the west in general (and, so, we consider allies here). So, we need to be watchful of this. How they react or move forward given what we are seeing from Russia and other nations. And we need to remain watchful of what is going on with the Asian Infrastructure Development Bank. Or whatever they're calling it these days. Again, the west historically does support the more nationalistic/radical elements while keeping the more moderate groups out of the picture. This concept is beginning to fail miserably now that Russia is involved to the extent that they are. I mean, we just saw what they did in Syria. Right? That was a message, kiddies. And one that was sent to a few different countries. No doubt about that.

Either way, when Saudi Arabia does eventually collpase, it will have to be a managed collapse. And, so, that is the more relevant question is who will manage the collapse. Not so much if they are friend or foe. I suppose we could expand on this but you get the idea.

Some other relevant reading while I'm thinking of this stuff....

Saudi Arabia to invest record $10bn in Russia
    ‘Nothing could prevent S. Arabia from buying Russian defensive weapons’ – Saudi FM
    The Arab League to Create Joint Arab Military Force
    Secret Cable Reveals US Plan To Overthrow Assad By Exploiting "Extremist Groups"
    'We are seeking bigger role for Russia than Americans' - Iraq defense committee chairman

Of course, sources of information are just sources of information. Take from it what we will, I suppose.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-18-2015 at 10:58 PM.