Thread: Jindal pulling out

Jindal pulling out

live on Fox

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Campaignus interruptus?

Huge surprise there.

Like father, like son. Both awful in their pull out game. 😂

Another one bites the dust and more to come. Jindal was actually pulling more support in Iowa than Rand from the last Iowa poll that I saw.

About 5% is now up for grabs in Iowa.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Thanks for playing, Piyush.

Come back and try again when you are really eligible.

Bill Kristol is disappointed, but he probably told Jindal it's time. They want the support to shift to Rubio.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Another one bites the dust and more to come. Jindal was actually pulling more support in Iowa than Rand from the last Iowa poll that I saw.

About 5% is now up for grabs in Iowa.
    Truth. I'm afraid it will mostly go to Cruz though.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

From The Hill:

Jindal drops out of White House race

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) on Tuesday announced he is suspending his campaign for the White House.

"I've come to the realization that it is not my time," Jindal said during an early evening Fox News interview with Bret Baier. "I am suspending my campaign for president of the United States...
    Read more:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ite-house-race
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Huge surprise there.
    It would've been, had he not pulled out.

Here's hoping that Rand can attract both of his supporters!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Good. So much for the gumby GOP teocon idiots pushing for Rand Paul to pull out.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Actually, according to PPP, Carson stands to get most of the Jindal vote. Rand will get 9% of his 6%.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p..._IA_110215.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Actually, according to PPP, Carson stands to get most of the Jindal vote. Rand will get 9% of his 6%.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p..._IA_110215.pdf
    So basically a 1% bump or less for Rand in Iowa
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Didn't even know he was running

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So basically a 1% bump or less for Rand in Iowa
    Right. But more importantly almost a 2% bump for Cruz. And as we saw last go-round, 2% can be difference between winning and losing Iowa.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like this is a ploy to get Cruz past Carson and Trump in Iowa. Walker was also doing well in Iowa and fell on his sword. They're trying to consolidate the social conservative vote. If Huckabee drops before Iowa, we'll know its true.

Right. But more importantly almost a 2% bump for Cruz. And as we saw last go-round, 2% can be difference between winning and losing Iowa.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like this is a ploy to get Cruz past Carson and Trump in Iowa. Walker was also doing well in Iowa and fell on his sword. They're trying to consolidate the social conservative vote. If Huckabee drops before Iowa, we'll know its true.
    Iowa is a tricky state. Lots of very religious people win or come in second yet crap out in NH like Santorum. Huck won Iowa then what? It's why Carson is doing will in Iowa yet sucks in NH. Very rarely does the winner of Iowa win NH. Maybe Rand needs to play to the evangelical voters somehow to at least be a player in Iowa. That demo is HUGE. Rand doesn't have to go all Ralph Reed or Pat Robertson but know the demographics in Iowa and appeal to them to some extent.

Now Huckabee, Christie and especially Pataki, Graham and Santorum need to pull out. Maybe even Kasich, Fiorina and Bush too.

Truth. I'm afraid it will mostly go to Cruz though.
    more likely to Huck

If he's pulling out, that could potentially be a very messy situation. Hopefully he won't go and start spreading santorum afterwards.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

LOL. It's safe to come back to Louisiana now. He's missed his entire governorship. His successor will be elected on Saturday. Well played, Piyush.

When in doubt, pull it out.

Truthfully, I thought his campaign would have been better than it was. He was one of my dark horse picks a couple years ago.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    LOL. It's safe to come back to Louisiana now. He's missed his entire governorship. His successor will be elected on Saturday. Well played, Piyush.
    Go Vitter!

Iowa is a tricky state. Lots of very religious people win or come in second yet crap out in NH like Santorum. Huck won Iowa then what? It's why Carson is doing will in Iowa yet sucks in NH. Very rarely does the winner of Iowa win NH. Maybe Rand needs to play to the evangelical voters somehow to at least be a player in Iowa. That demo is HUGE. Rand doesn't have to go all Ralph Reed or Pat Robertson but know the demographics in Iowa and appeal to them to some extent.
    Right, this is why the establishment picks focus on NH and are able to pull it out. This doesn't mean that they're willing to let it go to just anybody though. Remember 2012? Santorum actually won, but they gave it to Romney so he would have some extra momentum for NH.
    I'm pretty sure the entire reason for Rand's latest book is to appeal to the IA evangelicals.

Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post
    When in doubt, pull it out.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Three things probably played a role in Jindal's departure:

1). He's not getting the King endorsement
    2). He's not getting the VanderPlaats endorsement, ergo he has no chance to win Iowa.
    3). The GOP may lose the Louisiana governorship due to Jindal's low popularity in the state which would embarrass him

At this point he knows can't win, so why bother? At best he might get a cabinet post (HHS) so why continue on and tick one of those candidates who he'll be dependent on to pick him? That's why he's leaving.