Thread: What the World Eats

What the World Eats

What the World Eats

A lot of meat in Hong Kong, and virtually none in India. Argentina, of course, big beef eaters.

In the US, by calories it looks like not a lot of produce is being eaten, but actually it's 27% by weight.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

according to that data it seems the reason america is fat now is the increase in vegetable oils.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    according to that data it seems the reason america is fat now is the increase in vegetable oils.
    Primarily dripping from chips and supersized fries.........

Don't forget the donuts......

Average daily calories of 3600 for Americans? That can't be right. That means you're either a serious athlete or morbidly obese. Seems way too high.

other? what's other?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Why is everybody eating so much grain !?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    other? what's other?
    Ha, ha, I had the exact same question! Alcohol, pulses, and chewed-up pencils.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    Yup. Americans should switch to olive oil. I recommend the Carapelli and Carbonell brands. (Bertolli is good as well)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dog View Post
    Yup. Americans should switch to olive oil. I recommend the Carapelli and Carbonell brands. (Bertolli is good as well)
    I'm currently using Carbonell but I prefer (genuine) Italian olive oils. In any case, I believe Carbonell is not owned by a multinational so that's nice. It's good oil but not my favorite olive oil.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I'm currently using Carbonell but I prefer (genuine) Italian olive oils. In any case, I believe Carbonell is not owned by a multinational so that's nice. It's good oil but not my favorite olive oil.
    Carbonell is Spanish oil. Go with Carbonell Regium for the highest quality.

If you want 100% Italian oil go with Carapelli.

Bertolli is usually a blend (Italian mixed with varying amounts of Spanish, Greek, Tunisian, and others). Still high quality.