Thread: Former Texas state rep. Steve Toth running for Congress District 8

Former Texas state rep. Steve Toth running for Congress District 8

I consider Steve a liberty candidate. And he describes himself as a conservatarian. He's good on pretty much everything, I guess we will see what he says on foreign policy.
    Steve Toth wants to get back in the political game, announcing Monday he is seeking the Republican nomination for Texas Congressional District 8.

Toth, a former state representative from The Woodlands, said in a press release over the last few weeks “my family and I have been meeting with local citizens, seeking their input and direction concerning this important decision,” Toth said in a release. “The message has been overwhelmingly clear: voters want new leadership for this district.

My candidacy will flow from deeply held conservative principles and a belief that government is overreaching, inefficient, and all too involved in our affairs.

“In Congress, I am committed to being a citizen legislator who is passionate about serving the constituents instead of being consumed with running for re-election.”

Toth owns Acclaim Pools, a local design and build firm, as well as My PoolXpert, both Montgomery County businesses he launched.

In the Texas House, Toth authored the Federal Firearms Protection Act, which effectively would make it a Class A Misdemeanor to interfere with a law abiding Texan’s right to exercise their Second Amendment right.

Additionally, Toth authored and passed the CSCOPE Transparency Act (Common Core), which brought this rogue curriculum under the oversight of the State Board of Education. Toth was named a “Taxpayer Champion,” earning an ‘A’ score from Texans For Fiscal Responsibility and obtained the second highest score in the Texas legislature from Young Conservatives of Texas. He also received high marks from Texas Right to Life, Texas Eagle Forum and Concerned Women of America.

Toth resides in The Woodlands with his wife of 31 years, Babette, and their three children. He is an ordained minister who has served as a teaching pastor and elder at WoodsEdge Community Church for 10 years.

“We live in a great nation and I strongly believe that our best days are not behind us,” Toth said. “Our country desperately needs to be restored to the values that made us great. We’ve got a lot of work before us to move Congress in a more conservative direction. All too often, candidates for public office offer up conservative rhetoric in the district only to succumb to the pressures of politics in Washington, and their actual voting record often reflects vastly different actions from their pre-election promises.

“This era of bait and switch politics is coming to an end. Our district deserves better.”

Toth served one term as District 15 representative after beating 10-year incumbent Rob Eissler in 2012 but opted not to seek re-election in a bid for Senate District 4 in a 2014 special election following Tommy Williams resignation to go to work for Texas A&M University. Toth lost that race to Brandon Creighton, R-Conroe, in a run-off election.

Creighton earned 15,215 votes (67.37 percent) to Toth’s 7,369 votes (32.62 percent) in the district that covers all or parts of five counties, including Montgomery, Harris, Jefferson, Chambers and Orange.

Toth will face incumbent U.S. Rep. Kevin Brady, R-The Woodlands, Andre Dean of Madisonville, and Craig McMichael of Houston. The Republican primary will be on Super Tuesday, or March 1, 2016.
    http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/couri...41b0496fc.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    About Steve

Steve Toth is a former Texas State Representative, an ordained minister and a local small business owner. Having, once again, heard the call to serve, Steve believes it is imperative to defend our Constitution.

Babette and I have decided it’s time to step up and fight to reverse the progressive trend of our Federal Government. This is our time to answer the call and we do so with a great deal of excitement.

Steve has a proven and verifiable conservative record.

My candidacy will flow from deeply held conservative principles and a belief that government is overreaching, inefficient, and all too involved in our affairs.

Career

Steve Toth is an entrepreneur located in Montgomery County. He owns two small businesses, Acclaim Pools, a local design and build firm, and My PoolXpert, a pool maintenance company. The Houston Chronicle has featured Steve Toth in the Business Section and his firm, Acclaim Pools, has been highlighted in several industry trade publications.
    Texas State Representative

While a member of the Texas House, Representative Steve Toth gained a reputation as a firebrand conservative. He authored and successfully passed several pieces of legislation, most notably the Federal Firearms Protection Act, making it a Class A misdemeanor to interfere with a Texan's Second Amendment right, and the CSCOPE Transparency Act, which brought the liberal indoctrination curriculum known as Common Core under the oversight and approval of the State Board of Education.

Representative Toth earned the title “Taxpayer Champion” and garnered an 'A' score from Texans For Fiscal Responsibility. He was also named “Courageous Conservative” by the Texas Conservative Coalition. Among other distinctions, Toth was honored as "Top Rated Conservative in the Texas House" by the Texas Eagle Forum and received a 100% rating from the Texas chapter of Concerned Women for America. In addition, he obtained the second highest score in the Texas legislature from Young Conservative of Texas and also held one of the highest scores in the Texas Legislature with Texas Right to Life.

Toth states, “In the Texas Legislature, my voting record reflected my values. It doesn't stand as a contradiction to what I and the people of Texas value.”

Representative Toth was also a contributor to CNN, FOX News and Fox Business News.
    Family Life

Steve Toth resides in Montgomery County with his wife of 31 years, Babette, and their three children. He is an ordained minister who has served as a teaching pastor and elder at WoodsEdge Community Church for 10 years.

http://tothforcongress.com/about
    https://www.facebook.com/Steve-Toth-...0885/timeline/
    https://twitter.com/Toth_4_Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe