Thread: There is no VAT in Hong Kong

Unregistered

There is no VAT in Hong Kong

This forum is spreading misinformation claiming there is Value Added Tax in Hong Kong.

You could have avoided doing so by familiarizing yourself with Hong Kong's tax system, or even just by googling Hong Kong and VAT. The very first result states:

Hong Kong V.A.T

There is no Value Added Tax, VAT ,GST or any other sales tax in Hong Kong.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am unaware of the Forum spreading misinformation.

I know someone who does business in Hong Kong. He says there's a great business environment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I know someone who does business in Hong Kong. He says there's a great business environment there.
    Stop by the Lin Hung Tea House and get some deep fried chicken feet and I will reimburse you the tab

Thank you for correcting us all Ministry of Hong Kong.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I do not charge sales tax , VAT tax as well .

Chicken feet....not for the civilized. ....I will eat them with the shtf
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I thought this was common knowledge...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This forum is spreading misinformation claiming there is Value Added Tax in Hong Kong.
    Yes, and we hear your mother is spreading herpes infections down on Wan Chai road.

I suppose you'll say that's not true, either.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I see a recent post proving OP is right:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Singapore, Hong Kong, and Switzerland are all far more economically free than the US and spend far less and they all have VATs.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I see a recent post proving OP is right:
    Not really. Two posts within a half hour by one person (me) is hardly an entire forum spreading misinformation. I have never seen anyone else say that. And it is a pretty minor error at that. Hardly worth starting a thread over.

You coulda asked me. Your local HK RPFer.

No there is no VAT nor sales tax here. There are far fewer taxes here.