Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Buffet Backlash: Anger Builds At "Hypocrite" Billionaire Hiding Behind "Folksy" Facade

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Whatever returns he made for me based on his crony government deals would be blood money as far as I'm concerned.
    You realize that every business now is fed by government spending? What ever company you work at is probably doing business with the government or at least people who are employed by the federal or a local government. Out of the ones that don't, those people probably work for companies who do business with the government. So you might be separated from government handouts by two or three degrees, but it's still there.

And investing with special assistance from the government really isn't much different than the above, except that investing is more lucrative than having a regular job.

So I don't fault Buffett for playing the game. I do fault him for his hypocritical statements about taxes that liberals are too stupid to see through.

And the $100,000 in "base" salary isn't what he really makes. Rich people don't need to get paid. They create wealth through businesses and investments.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Raven View Post
    You realize that every business now is fed by government spending? What ever company you work at is probably doing business with the government or at least people who are employed by the federal or a local government. Out of the ones that don't, those people probably work for companies who do business with the government. So you might be separated from government handouts by two or three degrees, but it's still there.

And investing with special assistance from the government really isn't much different than the above, except that investing is more lucrative than having a regular job.

So I don't fault Buffett for playing the game. I do fault him for his hypocritical statements about taxes that liberals are too stupid to see through.

And the $100,000 in "base" salary isn't what he really makes. Rich people don't need to get paid. They create wealth through businesses and investments.
    BS. "every business is fed by government spending" no they aren't where are you getting this from? where's the proof?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    BS. "every business is fed by government spending" no they aren't where are you getting this from? where's the proof?
    I already explained it in that same paragraph. If you examine a business and go through the customers to identify government agencies, and in turn examine the customers' own sources of income to find more government spending, it doesn't take long to identify a heavy dependence on government spending propping the whole phony thing up.

It doesn't have to be that way, but that's what it is in this phony economy. The governments steal money and spend it to keep the illusion going. It only appears to work because of the flurry of money changing hands and the myth that spending equals prosperity. The natural and unavoidable result of such a huge volume of voluntary market activity by so many people is wealth increase and a growing middle class, but that isn't happening because it isn't real. One thing that's saving us from completely collapsing is the vast amounts of wealth we create in the free market to counteract the vast amounts of theft. They've got it balanced pretty well to ensure that the masses stay right where they are.

To look at it from the other direction, one estimate is 17% of Americans work directly for government. How many more in turn do business with those people? And government spending is about 34% of GDP. It doesn't take long to imagine the power they wield over nearly all industries, within a couple degrees of separation. I'm sure there are some small pockets of market activity around that are far removed from government spending, but it's unusual.
    https://markstoval.wordpress.com/201...or-government/

I already explained it in that same paragraph. If you examine a business and go through the customers to identify government agencies, and in turn examine the customers' own sources of income to find more government spending, it doesn't take long to identify a heavy dependence on government spending propping the whole phony thing up.

It doesn't have to be that way, but that's what it is in this phony economy. The governments steal money and spend it to keep the illusion going. It only appears to work because of the flurry of money changing hands and the myth that spending equals prosperity. The natural and unavoidable result of such a huge volume of voluntary market activity by so many people is wealth increase and a growing middle class, but that isn't happening because it isn't real. One thing that's saving us from completely collapsing is the vast amounts of wealth we create in the free market to counteract the vast amounts of theft. They've got it balanced pretty well to ensure that the masses stay right where they are.

To look at it from the other direction, one estimate is 17% of Americans work directly for government. How many more in turn do business with those people? And government spending is about 34% of GDP. It doesn't take long to imagine the power they wield over nearly all industries, within a couple degrees of separation. I'm sure there are some small pockets of market activity around that are far removed from government spending, but it's unusual.
    https://markstoval.wordpress.com/201...or-government/
    I own a business. None of my customers work for the government, they're all freelancers. You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    I own a business. None of my customers work for the government, they're all freelancers. You're wrong.
    Saying "your'e wrong" isn't an argument. That's great that you're able to do business outside of the government, but is pride making you refuse to look at it where some of the money comes from? Most of us business owners would prefer to think that our customers are all upstanding people, because if in some way or another the stolen money makes its way to us it doesn't taste as good.

I suggest you look more than one level deep and examine the rest of what I said as well. And then look at some other kinds of businesses to confirm.
    Last edited by Mad Raven; 11-27-2015 at 09:25 AM.

You can make pathetic excuses for Buffet's loathsome behavior. I refuse to do so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12