Thread: Why we need common sense gun laws

Why we need common sense gun laws

THIS guy:

What should his punishment be in your opinion?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For giving a baby a gun and the baby shooting herself? Voluntary manslaughter, negligent homicide, or something of the sort.

What sorts of 'common sense' gun laws would have protected her from someone with no common sense?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Make it illegal to give babies guns, and then problem is solved
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Common sense legislation.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Whatever baby mama thinks is just. Or if the family think they acted in collusion (who the $#@! dresses like that at a funeral, let alone your own child's), whatever they think is just. Hard to relate to such stupidity, but let's just say if my spouse was involved in an accident that killed our child, the loss of the child and associated guilt that must accompany such an experience would be more punishment then I'd want her to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    For giving a baby a gun and the baby shooting herself? Voluntary manslaughter, negligent homicide, or something of the sort.

What sorts of 'common sense' gun laws would have protected her from someone with no common sense?
    I have to go with this ^

Not to mention the whole thing looks shopped, there is not a credible source to accompany it and the only related information I could find, in a comment, was that the picture on the right is the funeral of another child, Anabelle Lotus Krawczyk.

And then too for his wife when she starts shooting individuals attempting to kidnap her husband?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Common sense legislation.
    So one should be able to drive down the road drunk amongst the population, but not give your own child a gun? What if the child has amazing gun handling skills?

Whose "common sense" do you propose that we need? The sheeple's?

Something funny about that revolver. Note the gap in front of the cylinder. Starter pistol maybe?
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Outlaw stupid people!

Oh-wait......

Even a dog gets it

1. Man hits dog with stick

2. Dog attacks stick Dog attacks man holding stick

The gun is just like the stick, and is not the source of the problem. Attack the source of the problem people...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    THIS guy:

What should his punishment be in your opinion?
    A father sending "Call 911" on Facebook, rather than calling 911 himself, lacks common sense in the first place. How do you legislate against stupidity? Yep he shouldn't have let his baby play with a gun. How many other ways could he have let his baby kill herself?

Edit: Looking into this story it keeps coming up "hoax."
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-16-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Perhaps a couple of generations of forced sterilization would provide a needed attitude adjustment.

Ya, I always post to facebook when I want to contact emergency services. It's the first thing I think of, doesn't everyone?
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    So one should be able to drive down the road drunk amongst the population, but not give your own child a gun? What if the child has amazing gun handling skills?
    One should be able to give their child a gun. One should also be able to drive down the road 'drunk' as well.

Assuming the story isn't a complete fabrication, which is a big assumption, giving a baby a loaded gun is criminal.

Whose "common sense" are you willing to stake your family's safety and survival on?

So the OP's premise that "we need moar laws" is based on a hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Indeed.

Yep. Obvious hoax by the looks of it. I know you aren't on Farcebook/Fedbook, but note that the elapsed time on each of the posts and all of the comments is exactly 2 hours each time. So nobody comments 2 hours and 15 minutes later? It's photoshop.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-16-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

If this really happened I'd say either manslaughter or murder depending on the particulars, but it looks like this didn't actually happen.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Even a dog gets it

1. Man hits dog with stick

2. Dog attacks stick Dog attacks man holding stick

The gun is just like the stick, and is not the source of the problem. Attack the source of the problem people...

How is that guy even still alive? Is it even possible, to survive a vicious dog attack??

We must share his technique with police, many officer lives will be saved
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Hey! That was pretty easy!

So ... what problem shall we solve next?

(I vote for something important, like poverty ... or, no, maybe rape ... or ... hmmmm ... maybe somone should start a list ...)

When it comes to premises that "we need moar laws," aren't they all?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is that guy even still alive? Is it even possible, to survive a vicious dog attack??

We must share his technique with police, many officer lives will be saved

Pro tip: Get granny to knit giant sock.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"