Thread: After Paris attacks, GOP hopeful Rand Paul warns of refugees

After Paris attacks, GOP hopeful Rand Paul warns of refugees

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. -- In the wake of the deadly attacks in Paris, US Senator Rand Paul said Friday that the US and Europe “have to be very careful about bringing refugees to our country that might attack us.”

Terrorist attacks in Paris killed more than 100 people across the city, including the slaughter of hostages in the Bataclan theater, shootings at restaurants and a suicide bomb near a stadium.

Paul called the attacks “devastating” in response to a question from a reporter after his town hall meeting.

“I don’t think we’ve heard yet everything but obviously our hearts and prayers go out to those that were injured and those who may be kidnapped at this point, but it does show that we’ve really got a big problem,” he said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...RTJ/story.html

-virgil

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just heard on CNN and yahoo news that so far at least one of the terrorists was confirmed as being a Syrian "refugee".

Rand is right. And has been right on this.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand was just interviewed on FoxNews and said anyone wanting to come here to work or study should come under very strong scrutiny. He did not elaborate on that.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Wow, that interviewer was trying to push the idea that more money==more safe, Rand wasn't going for it at all. He's fully prepared to respond to that line of questioning.

Didn't Trump a few months ago advocate bringing in all these Syrian refugees to America?
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Didn't Trump a few months ago advocate bringing in all these Syrian refugees to America?
    Yes, look up "we have to"

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Wow, that interviewer was trying to push the idea that more money==more safe, Rand wasn't going for it at all. He's fully prepared to respond to that line of questioning.
    Yup...
    But people are easily brainwashed (comment on that youtube):
    Jenny Ross 4 minutes agoThis is why we can't have people like paul be president because they don't care enough about protecting the SAFTEY of our country. We need to beef up our military and spend a lot more money on national security and give military all the resources and technology

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    Yup...
    But people are easily brainwashed (comment on that youtube):

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Those are the people polling unfavorable for Rand, and 15-25% who say they won't ever vote for him.

A comment I read

In 2011, when Obama started bombing Libya and arming Al-Qaeda backed jihadists, Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi warned Europe “If I go down, Europe goes black.” Gaddafi was aggressively blocking the tidal wave of mostly Muslim illegal aliens heading for Europe from sub-Saharan Africa and repatriating them back to Africa. Well, look what is occurring now. Gaddafi is gone and it all is coming true. People don't seem to realize that these brutal dictators, such as Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein, were NECESSARY to keep these muslims in check. Without them, the whole region has destabilized. In Paris, the suicide bombers shouted "Allah akbar" while another one shouted "this is for syria" before killing innocents. Idiotic GERMANY is STILL leaving its borders wide open for muslim invasion. This is the beginning of the end of EU. ISLAM IS AT WAR WITH WESTERN CIVILIZATION.

I wish he would make his answers simple. He needs to say something similar the graphic I saw the other day on here....the one that said something about "Marco voted for this this and this war...Rand didn't. Are we save now?"

As much as I agree with what Rand says, his answers frustrate me sometimes. He asked Rand what he would do now that this happened and he wouldn't give a direct answer. All he kept saying was "we need to fix our debt first."

He says "increased scrutiny" a lot, but what exactly does that mean in practice? It sounds like adding red tape rather than actually reducing any of the resettlement programs themselves.