Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Women Leave Men They Love: What Every Man Needs to Know

Exclamation Why Women Leave Men They Love: What Every Man Needs to Know

Why Women Leave Men They Love: What Every Man Needs to Know

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/justic...b_8511584.html

Posted: 11/09/2015 1:43 pm EST Updated: 11/10/2015 1:59 pm EST

Justice Schanfarber - Counsellor and Certified Hakomi Therapist

As a marriage counsellor working with men and women in relationship crisis, I help clients navigate numerous issues. While many situations are complex, there's one profoundly simple truth that men need to know: Women leave men they love.

They feel terrible about it. It tears their heart out of them. But they do it. They rally their courage and their resources and they leave. Women leave men with whom they have children, homes and lives.

Women leave for many reasons, but there's one reason in particular that haunts me, one that I want men to understand: Women leave because their man is not present. He's working, golfing, gaming, watching TV, fishing...the list is long. These aren't bad men. They're good men. They're good fathers. They support their family. They're nice, likeable. But they take their wife for granted. They're not present.

"Your wife is not your property. She does not owe you her soul. You earn it."

Women in my office tell me: "Someone could come and sweep me off my feet, right out from under my husband." Sometimes the realization scares them. Sometimes it makes them cry.

Men, I'm not saying this is right or wrong. I'm telling you what I see. You can get as angry, hurt or indignant as you want. Your wife is not your property. She does not owe you her soul. You earn it. Day by day, moment after moment. You win her over first and foremost with your presence, your aliveness. She needs to feel it. She wants to talk to you about what matters to her and to feel that you're listening to her. Not nodding politely. Not placating. Definitely not playing devil's advocate.

"She wants to feel your passion. Can you feel your passion?"

She wants you to feel her. She doesn't want absent-minded groping or quick sex. She wants to feel your passion. Can you feel your passion? Can you show her? Not just your passion for her or for sex; your passion for being alive. Do you have it? It's the most attractive thing you possess. If you've lost it, what's the reason? Where did it go? Find out. Find it. If you never discovered it, you are living on borrowed time.

If you think you're present with your wife, try listening to her. Does your mind wander? Notice. When you look at her, how deeply do you see her? Look again, look deeper. Meet her gaze and keep it for longer than usual, longer than what's comfortable. If she asks what you're doing, tell her: "I'm looking into you. I want to see you deeply. I'm curious about who you are. After all these years I still want to know who you are, every day." But only say it if you mean it, if you know it's true.

"I'm talking about five minutes a day to be completely present with the woman you share your life with."

Touch her with your full attention. Before you put your hand on her, notice the sensation in your hand. Notice what happens the moment you make contact. What happens in your body? What do you feel? Notice the most subtle sensations and emotions. (This is sometimes described as mindfulness.) Tell her everything you're noticing, moment after moment.

But you're busy. You don't have time for all this. How about five minutes? Five minutes a day. Will you commit to that? I'm not talking about extravagant dinners or date nights (although these are fine too). I'm talking about five minutes a day to be completely present with the woman you share your life with. To be completely open-- listening and seeing without judgement. Will you do that? I bet once you start, once you get a taste, you won't want to stop.

Note: The gender dynamic outlined above is reversible. It can go both ways.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Women are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Women are nuts.
    I love crazy women.

Pirate Girls,, /swoon
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-14-2015 at 03:00 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I don't know how I would feel about following the prescribed exercise, but I would say that the gist of the article is reasonable.

I don't think that it is at all unreasonable for a woman to expect a strong sense of passion and intimacy from the person that she chooses to spend her life with.

I think that if a men essentially refuses to pay attention to what is going on inside his woman's mind - just because he thinks that he is too cool for that, or whatever the case may be - then he essentially deserves whatever backlash occurs.

I think that the problem is that there is kind of a catch 22 where society conditions men to be kind of insensitive and clueless, and that is often part of what attracts a lot of women to a man in the first place.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Chester Copperpot

without contact there wont be any oxytocin made.. when theres contact there is... it bonds people

Stoning works.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Women and men handle boredom differently is a fairly accurate synopsis...

Men get bored and engage in such things as hunting or sports but this author wants to portray women as the superficial $#@!s who immediately run off with the first guy to feign interest..

Guys do the same thing!

In a family situation today it's pretty much a given that no matter who gets bored and $#@!s up the relationship it'll be the guy who gets stuck footing the bill......

The slant portrayed, that it's the guys intentional neglect that is the root cause for failed relationships is terribly myopic. There's no single driving force that precedes relations breakdown but the outcome of that breakdown most assuredly favors the woman...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When my GF gets uppity I just remind her who's rib shes made from.

But I think its actually the offer to buy her a tiara that keeps her around.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If you think you're present with your wife, try listening to her. Does your mind wander?
    Why in the world would any man's mind not wander while listening to his wife? At least accomplish something productive in that time, even if it's only mental.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Why in the world would any man's mind not wander while listening to his wife? At least accomplish something productive in that time, even if it's only mental.
    lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Women are nuts.
    But they don't have nuts.

When you look at her, how deeply do you see her? Look again, look deeper. Meet her gaze and keep it for longer than usual, longer than what's comfortable. If she asks what you're doing, tell her: "I'm looking into you. I want to see you deeply. I'm curious about who you are. After all these years I still want to know who you are, every day."
    When 911 arrives because she called them to report a stroke, do I say it was just an experiment from the internet?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    But they don't have nuts.
    What're those on the mantle?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    When 911 arrives because she called them to report a stroke, do I say it was just an experiment from the internet?
    On second thought, it would be just as likely that I would have to call 911 about her having a heart attack.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So women will nuke their own family and permanently destroy the minds of their children if you don't entertain them enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    So women will nuke their own family and permanently destroy the minds of their children if you don't entertain them enough.
    Not high estrogen buxom Barbie. She owes you her soul. Take advantage of her as much as you like. She lives for you.

is entertaining the same as undivided attn?

Females Is Fickle

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    LOL well-played, comrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

There was a thread here about a week or so ago blaming the divorce rate on feminism. One little peek into this thread blows that theory to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    There was a thread here about a week or so ago blaming the divorce rate on feminism. One little peek into this thread blows that theory to hell.
    How so? Do you reckon members of this forum represent any significant amount of the general population?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    How so? Do you reckon members of this forum represent any significant amount of the general population?
    Apparently not, if Ron didn't get elected.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very passive aggressive of you to say that. This is a trend with you

Very passive aggressive of you to say that. This is a trend with you
    Truth hurts.

I certainly hope not....some of the men represented here lately don't give me hope for the future.

I certainly hope not....some of the men represented here lately don't give me hope for the future.
    Sexism at it's finest. These comments from you are like a stereotype of all the worst things about women. Jealousy, petty nagging, small mindedness. I'm just waiting for 'superficiality' to hit Bingo

You reckon you are trying to reason with a woman, good luck with that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You reckon you are trying to reason with a woman, good luck with that.
    Something tells me he doesn't have much experience with women.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast