Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Tom And Lew Say About The Debate?

What Will Tom And Lew Say About The Debate?

Any predictions?

I say they won't even mention Rand's name in their discussion.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IDK, but it will be far more interesting and thoughtful than the actual debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I think Tom will be somewhere between neutral and positive towards Rand and Lew will probably continue to $#@! on Rand as he usually does. Either way, I enjoy listening and hearing their take

Doesn't matter, Tom and Lew are irrelevant. Nobody listens to them, save maybe a fringe population of 0.0001%

You really care about what they think don't you?

No one cares what a Neo-Confederate and some old man say about Rand.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

More intellectual dishonesty.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

I hope Tom gives Rand some credit. I love his show and his engagement. Loved to listed to him guest host the Peter Schiff show back in the day. Im suprised at the hate Tom gets here. I hope its only cause of his problems with some of Rands positions and the people around him.
    Im too old to take advice and much too young to give it, so let me live my life as I see fit.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corto_Maltese View Post
    I hope Tom gives Rand some credit. I love his show and his engagement. Loved to listed to him guest host the Peter Schiff show back in the day. Im suprised at the hate Tom gets here. I hope its only cause of his problems with some of Rands positions and the people around him.
    It is because both Tom and Lew want Randal to fail at trying to reduce the size and scope of government. Most of us here, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Corto_Maltese View Post
    Stefan Molyneux has been doing the same thing on his show, his co-host Mike is constantly pleasuring himself over Donald Trump, meanwhile a lot of their talking points are things that Rand actually says and believes.

I'm not quite sure what it is - I mean, I really like all three of them but all of these guys are kinda attention whores to some extent.. but specs may have a point too - they seem to all want the system to crash in the hands of true statists rather than having a libertarian at the reigns when it happens, so it can't be blamed on us.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    but specs may have a point too - they seem to all want the system to crash in the hands of true statists rather than having a libertarian at the reigns when it happens, so it can't be blamed on us.
    No, its because the whole idea of a small government actually working disproves their whole ideology. if randal is successful, they cant say "toldja so"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It is because both Tom and Lew want Randal to fail at trying to reduce the size and scope of government. Most of us here, don't.
    Exactly. If Rand is at least 20% successful in his mission, Tom and Lew are out of a job.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    No, its because the whole idea of a small government actually working disproves their whole ideology. if randal is successful, they cant say "toldja so"
    Not really. CONstitutional Minarchists' definition of "working" gov'ment is still restrictive of liberty-not to mention involuntary and irrational.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Exactly. If Rand is at least 20% successful in his mission, Tom and Lew are out of a job.
    LOL Wishful thinking is wishful.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    Doesn't matter, Tom and Lew are irrelevant. Nobody listens to them, save maybe a fringe population of 0.0001%
    Fringe element... you mean heavenlyboy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Not really. Minarchists' definition of "working" gov'ment is still restrictive of liberty-not to mention involuntary and irrational.
    Ya but it's 98%+ less restrictive of liberty than what we have and would increase prosperity immensely. I think most philosophical anarchists would be pretty happy living in a minarchist society that tended to be very libertarian in nature, it would then become a waste of time to sit around and complain and philosophize about making low margin gains in a largely free society that isn't heading toward tyranny.

Now, if the minarchist society started going in the direction of more statism, which is what most anarchists believe is the ultimate outcome - then that would be a good opportunity to make those arguments and move toward an even more voluntary society.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They said Rand (and Cruz) wants to introduce a VAT tax,which I didn't know.Once in place,the rate can be raised easily.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya but it's 98%+ less restrictive of liberty than what we have and would increase prosperity immensely. I think most philosophical anarchists would be pretty happy living in a minarchist society that tended to be very libertarian in nature, it would then become a waste of time to sit around and complain and philosophize about making low margin gains in a largely free society that isn't heading toward tyranny. Now, if the minarchist society started going in the direction of more statism, which is what most anarchists believe is the ultimate outcome - then that would be a good opportunity to make those arguments and move toward an even more voluntary society.
    "less bad" isn't the same as "good". If minarchism could be shown to be a good "stepping stone" to actual liberty, I wouldn't mind it so much. But the proof isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    "less bad" isn't the same as "good". If minarchism could be shown to be a good "stepping stone" to actual liberty, I wouldn't mind it so much. But the proof isn't there.
    98% less bad is very good, relatively.

If you had to give up 2% of your income to pay for national defense and could go live in a voluntarist community that had everything else privatized, that would be VERY GOOD compared to having half your income taken and not being allowed to create voluntarist communities which is what we have today.

I mean, $#@! man, pretend you were living in a libertarian minarchist society where you actually had a LOT more freedom and prosperity, are you really going to be the little kid crying on the pony ride??

The point of this debate was to focus on the candidates, not the media. I don't give a donkey's hind leg what anyone says. I only care about what I heard and how it affects my choice next year.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Lew released a couple of blogs praising Rand:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...hanneling-ron/

https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...ul-win-debate/

Even Robert Wenzel, who is unduly harsh to Rand and his campaign, released a blog saying he did well at the debate yesterday:

http://www.targetliberty.com/2015/11...ng-debate.html

So I would guess that Tom and Lew will praise him. They aren't as dogmatic and unwavering as some of the kool aid drinkers here who think Rand can never do any wrong.

Lol at the Tom Woods hate.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Basically said he had a good debate then just critiqued him.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    They said Rand (and Cruz) wants to introduce a VAT tax,which I didn't know.Once in place,the rate can be raised easily.
    But with Rand's plan if you raise the corporate tax you also have to raise the personal tax and by 3/5 vote of congress, which makes it much more difficult to raise the rate...

Last edited by LatinsforPaul; 11-11-2015 at 03:07 PM.
    Rand Paul for Peace

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Any predictions?

I say they won't even mention Rand's name in their discussion.
    Heap even more praises on Trump? just kidding, they cant do that. They have to still pretend for their dwindling audience the idea they are still neutral in their assessment.

Stopped listening after their first review of the debate and really don't care what they have to say anymore.

Tom: Rand didn't have enough material against Rubio
    Tom: Said Rand didn't talk about no-fly zone consequences
    Lew: Praising Ron for saying "put America first" (which Lew doesn't agree with, given his chuckle.) Implying Rand should have said that.
    Tom: Rand mentioned the FED
    Lew: Cruz is more anti-FED than Rand
    Tom: Rand did well in Drudge poll
    Lew: Trump won the debate, should have been more boisterous

Stopped listening 15:00.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Lew: Praising Ron for saying "put America first" (which Lew doesn't agree with, given his chuckle.) Implying Rand should have said that.

What an idiot (Lew)...Ted specifically stated he wanted the FED to step in during that Bank of America scenario set up by Neil Cavuto (love Neil and he loves us).

Think of it like a balance scale, the better Rand does, the worse Lew does.

Not listening to this and a little disappointed in myself that I participated in this thread, but someone had to call out Lew trying to say Cruz is better on the FED, lol.

And in the end Cruz just proves how fake he is on liberty issues, he talks a big game throwing red meat to the movement like saying gold backed currency and audit the fed, etc...

How moronic do you have to be to actually buy that $#@!?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I haven't been on Lew Rockwell much this year, how have things been going over there in the last few months? I missed their coverage of the Trump campaign at it's height.

I'm assuming if I go on to LRC right now I'll see a Laurence Vance article about Veterans Day, some articles that you can finish reading on another website, at least one non-political article, something about non-discrimination laws, something about drug laws, and something about the Civil War.

Well, it looks like:

-Vance's article only mentions Veterans Day once (I was expecting the whole article to be about the holiday)
    -An article about itchy feet that you can finish reading on the Daily Mail
    -I couldn't find anything about discrimination laws
    -An article about how marijuana is good for you
    -Nothing about the Civil War

It looks like immigration is the new topic of discussion over there.
    Stop believing stupid things

I actually agree with Tom on Rand v Rubio, from your recap. Once I listen to the podcast I'll be able to comment further on Tom's remarks, but while Rand scored against Rubio, he could have landed stronger blows. Rand allowed Rubio to paint Paul as wanting to tax money earned by an individual rather than keeping it with their family, the rightful owner of the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Thanks. Trump for liberty!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast