Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CONSPIRACY IN PHILADELPHIA -- ORIGINS OF THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION

Quite simply, the AoC failed to protect private property.
    The AoC gave no power to tax, i.e. consfiscate property. The US Constitution did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Just to be clear, it is not my position that the Constitution "saved" slavery. The economic prosperity as a result of the shift in agriculture from tobacco to cotton, and the resulting protection of those overseas shipments by the Navy "saved" slavery from a natural extinction of being uneconomical.

By 1960 the political trend was clear. 60% of the US House was from free states, 19 of the 34 states were free states, and it was highly unlikely that another slave state was going to be admitted to the US. The Confederate States jumped before being pushed off the plank.

The Constitution only preserved slavery in the necessity of passing an amendment in order to end it in the states that refused to do so. Under the AoC, no state could be forced to end slavery.
    The US Constitution had a Fugitive Slave Clause. The AoC didn't.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol

I have waited for over a decade for a detailed, documented critique of my thesis on the origins of the United States Constitution. There have been almost none.
    maybe because nobody takes him seriously?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    lol

maybe because nobody takes him seriously?
    Some do, and many more should.

I know next to nothing about Gary North, actually. I've seen him mentioned many times (in this forum), but that's about it.

He seems like a great guy on our side of liberty and economics, but he might belong in the religious nutjob category:

North favors capital punishment for a range of offenders; including women who lie about their virginity, blasphemers, nonbelievers, children who curse their parents, male homosexuals, and other people who commit acts deemed capital offenses in the Old Testament. North also favors capital punishment for women who have abortions. North stated that the biblical admonition to kill homosexuals in Leviticus is God's "law and its morally appropriate sanction", arguing that "God is indeed a homophobe" who "hates the practice [of homosexuality] and those who practice it" and "hates the sin and hates the sinner."

North has said that capital punishment should be carried out by stoning, because it is the bionically approved method of execution and it is cheap due to the plentiful and convenient supply of stones.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I know next to nothing about Gary North, actually. I've seen him mentioned many times (in this forum), but that's about it.

He seems like a great guy on our side of liberty and economics, but he might belong in the religious nutjob category:
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/author/gary-north/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12