Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: November 10th Republican debate on Fox Business Network - Official Thread

November 10th Republican debate on Fox Business Network - Official Thread

Who and when:

Fox Business hosts Neil Cavuto and Maria Bartiromo are set to moderate tonight’s GOP Debate from the Milwaukee Theater in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Wall Street Journal‘s Editor-In-Chief Gerard Baker will also be moderating. The debate pool will again be split into an undercard portion at 7 p.m. EST and the top eight candidates will take the stage for the main event at 9 p.m. EST.

The undercard candidates debating at 7 p.m. are:

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
    Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee
    Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
    Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum
    The mainstage candidates debating at 9 p.m. are:

Donald Trump
    Dr. Ben Carson
    Florida Senator Marco Rubio
    Texas Senator Ted Cruz
    Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush
    Carly Fiorina
    Ohio Governor John Kasich
    Kentucky Senator Rand Paul
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/heres-the...blican-debate/

How to watch:

You’ll Now Be Able to Watch the Fox Business GOP Debate Online

Tessa Berenson
    Nov. 5, 2015

You won't need a cable TV subscription

Fox Business, which is hosting the next Republican debate on Nov. 10, will stream the program online for free.

The debate will be streamed for free on Foxbusiness.com, Politico reports, without the need for a cable TV subscription. Fox Business will also unbundle from some of its partners including DirecTV and Mediacom to allow people who wouldn’t normally have access to the channel watch the debate.

http://time.com/4101972/fox-business...ate-streaming/

Podium arrangement:

Last edited by jct74; 11-10-2015 at 12:47 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand needs to make it known how he has the best tax plan available; that his plan would balance the budget quickest and leave more money in the hands of the people than any of the other candidates' plans. He'll probably be asked about his comments earlier comparing Rubio to Clinton. Assuming that happens, this gives him a great opportunity to turn that into a great anti-war speech. He should say something along the lines of "All of these wars we've been in have failed. We've wasted so much money and lost so many lives. It's time to just come home from most of these countries. We need to have a strong defense, one so strong that nobody would dare attack us, but that doesn't mean we need to be in every other country in the world. We need that money here to help our economy grow." That should gain some support from both anti-war and fiscally conservative people as well as people looking at the economy as their number one issue. I think as long as he sticks to his message and emphasizes that, it should be a fairly positive debate for Rand.
    Last edited by ds21089; 11-10-2015 at 09:36 AM.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

He needs to step up his stance on jobs and the economy, the majority of people out there don't care about civil rights and auditing the fed. I want to see him explain how he's going to fix the sluggish economy and create more jobs.

Good intros.

Rand really hit it out of the ballpark.

Let just get the thread started off the right way:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION
    Thank you for your $100.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 2443055.

^ This is all we need to be doing tonight, while Rand is fighting for liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunink View Post
    Let just get the thread started off the right way:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION
    Thank you for your $100.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 2443055.

^ This is all we need to be doing tonight, while Rand is fighting for liberty!

Wow! + Rep!!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

#standwithrand
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RandPaul4Prez View Post
    He needs to step up his stance on jobs and the economy, the majority of people out there don't care about civil rights and auditing the fed. I want to see him explain how he's going to fix the sluggish economy and create more jobs.
    It's the economy stupid.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandPaul4Prez View Post
    I want to see him explain how he's going to fix the sluggish economy and create more jobs.
    Hahaha I got it.

....HILLARY!

IMO Rand needs a good night. I know he is in it for the long hall and the Iowa strategy etc...but in the eyes of a majority of the dumb down population he needs to have a good showing tonight. Fingers crossed.
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    Rand needs to make it known how he has the best tax plan available; that his plan would balance the budget quickest and leave more money in the hands of the people than any of the other candidates' plans. He'll probably be asked about his comments earlier comparing Rubio to Clinton. Assuming that happens, this gives him a great opportunity to turn that into a great anti-war speech. He should say something along the lines of "All of these wars we've been in have failed. We've wasted so much money and lost so many lives. It's time to just come home from most of these countries. We need to have a strong defense, one so strong that nobody would dare attack us, but that doesn't mean we need to be in every other country in the world. We need that money here to help our economy grow." That should gain some support from both anti-war and fiscally conservative people as well as people looking at the economy as their number one issue. I think as long as he sticks to his message and emphasizes that, it should be a fairly positive debate for Rand.
    Just a small point. There are many vets out there. If this is a line he goes down he needs to emphasize that failure was not on the part of the veterans, it was on the part of politicians.

I've always found the "How come terrorists aren't bombing Switzerland?" angle to work with liberals and moderates. We don't need to be the world police! We can have a strong defense and a strong economy without trying to dictate to the world how they should behave.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Please I hope he doesn't talk about raising the retirement age; instead talk about how the ss trust fund is being raided for other purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    Please I hope he doesn't talk about raising the retirement age; instead talk about how the ss trust fund is being raided for other purposes.
    And don't say that damn horrible 'joke' again.. "It's your grandparents fault for having so many damn kids!" That got literal gasps from the crowd
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Just a small point. There are many vets out there. If this is a line he goes down he needs to emphasize that failure was not on the part of the veterans, it was on the part of politicians.
    Most definitely. I just meant something along those lines, not those exact words. He's been good at calling out the failures of the wars because of bad policy. I'm just hoping he utilizes the chance to do that if he's called out on saying Rubio and Clinton are similar.

I'm just glad this debate is on Fox, it should be a very fair debate, unlike that CNBC circus.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I seriously feel as if this debate is the biggest opportunity for Rand Paul to turn things around. Seriously, it's Fox Business, relatively libertarian-friendly grounds and they're even having a panel of libertarians critiquing the debate. It'd be much harder to do things incorrectly this time around.

If Rand Paul wins the debate and surges in momentum and polls, I pledge $100 in donations. Otherwise I'd be a little bit worried for his campaign in all honesty.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    I'm just glad this debate is on Fox, it should be a very fair debate, unlike that CNBC circus.
    For debate, Fox Business aims to be the anti-CNBC
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...rtiromo-215634

"My goal is to make myself invisible,” Cavuto, one of three moderators for the prime-time debate, said in an interview last week.
    "That I’m not the issue. … That we’re not the issue. The answers to what we’re raising become the issue."

Bartiromo sounded a similar note: “After that [CNBC] debate, I realized, I knew my marching orders. It was clearer than ever what my marching orders are,
    and that is to help the viewer, help the voter better understand what each candidate’s plan is;
    is it a realistic plan, can it work and how is it different from the next guy or gal, and that’s what I plan to focus on."

Wooo!!!!! go Paul!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

When making posts today and during the debate use the #RandRally hashtag. Rand Paul and Students for Rand are having a online rally social media blitz during the debate. http://patriotjournalist.com/HashChat.php?ID=4 Here is the website hosting this "twitter rally" Make sure you guys follow or at least check in(if you don't have twitter) https://twitter.com/Team_Rand for the best debate graphics to use. They are his official twitter team.

Bump! Counting down.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

I will have to agree that civil rights, weed, spying, droning is just not on the peoples main thing on deciding who to vote for. Most voters dont see that as affecting them.

Its fine to talk about in a 40 minute speech, not in a debate where time is precious and you want to tell people about what you would do for things that matter most to people. Its what the moderators will do, give important questions to the other 7 candidates, give rand some bull$#@! questions where most voters dont give two $#@!s about.

Rand's introduction should go like this:

"My Name is Rand Paul and I've come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Kirsten Powers just on FBN pumping Rubio as the one best to challenge Hillary. Bleh!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Post FBN Debate Discussion (11/10/15) - OFFICIAL Thread

The GOP debate on Fox Biz Net at 9pET.

This is the OFFICIAL thread!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Rand's introduction should go like this:

"My Name is Rand Paul and I've come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"
    Haha. Hail to the king, baby!

He can just play this as he enters

Last edited by ds21089; 11-10-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    When making posts today and during the debate use the #RandRally hashtag. Rand Paul and Students for Rand are having a online rally social media blitz during the debate. http://patriotjournalist.com/HashChat.php?ID=4 Here is the website hosting this "twitter rally" Make sure you guys follow or at least check in(if you don't have twitter) https://twitter.com/Team_Rand for the best debate graphics to use. They are his official twitter team.
    Be sure to pair that up - #GOPDebate #RandRally. That way #RandRally gets exposure in the #GOPDebate tweets.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

FBN pre debate show not mentioning Rand at all. It's all about Trump/Carson/Bush/Rubio/Cruz. Lots and lots of Rubio pumping.

Which candidate do you think will win the main GOP debate tonight?

Vote: http://nation.foxnews.com/poll/2015/...ebate-tonight/
    Rand Paul for Peace

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast