Thread: Antibiotics taken by hundreds of thousands of people 'more than double the risk of sudden hear

Exclamation Antibiotics taken by hundreds of thousands of people 'more than double the risk of sudden hear

Antibiotics taken by hundreds of thousands of people 'more than double the risk of sudden heart deaths'

By Sophie Borland Health Correspondent for the Daily Mail

Published: 14:01 EST, 9 November 2015

Antibiotics taken by hundreds of thousands of people more than double the risk of sudden heart deaths, a major study has found.

Research involving 21 million adults shows that a common group of drugs used for pneumonia and skin infections may cause the heart to beat very fast.

The medicines in question are known as macrolides - a class of antibiotic that includes erythromycin, roxithromycin, azithromycin and clarithromycin.

They are commonly used to treat pneumonia, gastroenteritis, whooping cough, skin infections and sexually transmitted diseases including chlamydia.

They are also given to those allergic to penicillin.

However scientists believe they interfere with the electrical activity of the heart causing it to beat at a rate of more than 100 times a minute.

This is a condition known as tachycardia and it can lead to heart attacks, strokes or sudden death from a cardiac arrest, when the heart stops completely.

Read more
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what's the alternative?
    How else are those conditions supposed to be treated?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Black cumin, voodoo, and cleanses?

It's weird how certain bullets never make it to the copy-pasta:

However the researchers stress the risk of heart problems is still low
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Chester Copperpot

iodine is an appropriate antibiotic, natural that wont have these issues

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    iodine is an appropriate antibiotic, natural that wont have these issues
    I don't recall that being used to cure any bacterial diseases. It's good for cuts and such though.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Black cumin, voodoo, and cleanses?

It's weird how certain bullets never make it to the copy-pasta:
    Could be nobody, until now, made the connection and more research is needed as the article also stated. Western medicine has done more harm than good by over prescribing antibiotics, nevertheless.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I don't recall that being used to cure any bacterial diseases. It's good for cuts and such though.
    Iodine the Antiseptic

Iodine is by far the best antibiotic,
    antiviral and antiseptic of all time.
    Dr. David Derry

The antiseptic properties of iodine are used to sterilize every surface and material in hospitals. Iodine is an excellent microbicide with a broad range of action that includes almost all of the important health-related microorganisms, such as enteric bacteria, enteric viruses, bacterial viruses, fungi and protozoan cysts.[v] The minimum number of iodine molecules required to destroy one bacterium varies with the species. For H. influenzae it was calculated to be 15000 molecules of iodine per cell. When bacteria are treated with iodine, the inorganic phosphate up-take and oxygen consumption by the cells immediately ceases. [vi]

Though iodine kills all single celled organisms such as these it is not exploited for internal use by modern day physicians to combat internal infections, which of course is a great mistake. Dr. Derry says iodine is effective “for standard pathogens such as Staphylococcus, but also iodine has the broadest range of action, fewest side effects and no development of bacterial resistance.” Some doctors have reported that it is excellent for the treatment of mononucleosis.

Iodine is able to penetrate quickly
    through the cell walls of microorganisms.

Iodine is a deadly enemy of single cell microorganisms thus it can be our best friend. Iodine was not available to these life forms at the beginning of evolution and it was not until seaweed concentrated it did it become involved in higher life forms. It is for this reason that the simplest level of life cannot tolerate iodine. Iodine kills single celled organisms by combining with the amino acids tyrosine or histidine when they are exposed to the extra-cellular environment. All single cells showing tyrosine on their outer cell membranes are killed instantly by a simple chemical reaction with iodine that denatures proteins. Nature and evolution have given us an important mechanism to control pathogenic life forms and we should use it and trust it to protect us in ways that antibiotics can’t. As we shall see directly below, so powerful is iodine in a protective sense that it also helps us rid the body, not only of harmful chemicals and heavy metals, but also rids the body of abnormal cells meaning it qualifies as an anticancer agent.

Elemental iodine is a potent germicide with a wide spectrum of activity and low toxicity to tissues. A solution containing 50 ppm iodine kills bacteria in 1 min and spores in 15 min. It is poorly soluble in water but readily dissolves in ethanol, which enhances its antibacterial activity. Iodine tincture contains 2% iodine and 2.4% sodium iodide (NaI) dissolved in 50% ethanol; it is used as a skin disinfectant. Strong iodine tincture contains 7% iodine and 5% potassium iodide (KI) dissolved in 95% ethanol; it is more potent but also more irritating than tincture of iodine. Iodine solution contains 2% iodine and 2.4% NaI dissolved in aqueous solution; it is used as a nonirritant antiseptic on wounds and abrasions. Strong iodine solution (Lugol’s solution) contains 5% iodine and 10% KI in aqueous solution. Iodophores (eg, povidone-iodine) are water-soluble combinations of iodine with detergents, wetting agents that are solubilizers, and other carriers. They slowly release iodine as an antimicrobial agent and are widely used as skin disinfectants, particularly before surgery.
    http://www.health-science-spirit.com/iodine.html

Good then the next time you have bacterial pneumonia, see if you can kill the bacteria that's causing it with Iodine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank goodness Iodine has no side effects, and no one is allergic to it. Between that and broccoli, I am now immortal.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Thank goodness Iodine has no side effects, and no one is allergic to it. Between that and broccoli, I am now immortal.
    Yeah, and it does wonders for your thyroid.

Good then the next time you have bacterial pneumonia, see if you can kill the bacteria that's causing it with Iodine.
    Iodine – “The Universal Medicine”

Nebulizing Iodine

♦ Nebulizing iodine is a powerful therapy to rapidly clear the lungs of infections - Iodine has a stronger /quicker effect than hydrogen peroxide.

- Nascent iodine – contains ~400mcg per drop (10 drops =4mg). Start with a weak 5 drops and slowly increase to 10 drops, monitoring its effects. With no discomfort or side-effects, the dose can be strongly increased when in a life threatening situation (even up to 200 drops in divided doses/day (i.e. 80mg iodine/day)

- Lugol’s Solution – contains 6.5mg iodine/iodide per drop, Begin with one drop and build up to comfort level

- DO NOT USE Super Saturated Potassium iodide (SSKI) - it contains too much iodide per drop (~50 mg) to enable accurate control of the dose,

“I have suggested that people put iodine into a nebulizer for aerosol treatment for transdermal effect into the lung tissues in the case of lung cancer, emphysema, asthma and tuberculosis. I make the recommendation to do the same with magnesium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and glutathione. It seems obvious that iodine would make the ideal first line of defense in influenza prevention and without doubt in the treatment of both swine flu and regular influenza. Iodine, teamed up with these other primary and very necessary substances, offers an exceptionally strong defense and treatment against viral infection. It certainly is better than the antiviral Tamiflu, which reduces symptoms by only one day. It is really not hard to beat that.”

- Dr. David Brownstein,

Author of “Iodine: Why you need it, Why you can’t live without it”
    http://healyourselfathome.com/HOW/NE...ng_iodine.aspx

No one said Iodine has no side effects, but you.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This entire thread is about a side effect that is being reported about, and in the same article states is a remote one. If you're going to tout iodine as an alternative, why not throw fearmongering about that in there, too? It's basically like you hate modern medicine, until there's a post about someone close to you going to the hospital and being on modern medical machinery to keep them alive --- after which you go right back to griping about it. It's ridiculous, and it shouldn't annoy me since it's your entire raison d'ętre, but some days it's less funny than others. Pneumonia? Nebulize some iodine! Leukemia? Broccoli to the rescue! Any number of other maladies? Avoid modern medicine! Certainly don't try everything available to you; no no, big Pharma is poison! 100%! ONLY use herbal and alternative medicine, even where it's contradictory. Family member on a ventilator? Irrelevant! Do as I post, not as I do

Screw it. I'mma go inhale some hydrogen peroxide. It's the only thing for it.

This entire thread is about a side effect that is being reported about, and in the same article states is a remote one. If you're going to tout iodine as an alternative, why not throw fearmongering about that in there, too? It's basically like you hate modern medicine, until there's a post about someone close to you going to the hospital and being on modern medical machinery to keep them alive --- after which you go right back to griping about it. It's ridiculous, and it shouldn't annoy me since it's your entire raison d'ętre, but some days it's less funny than others. Pneumonia? Nebulize some iodine! Leukemia? Broccoli to the rescue! Any number of other maladies? Avoid modern medicine! Certainly don't try everything available to you; no no, big Pharma is poison! 100%! ONLY use herbal and alternative medicine, even where it's contradictory. Family member on a ventilator? Irrelevant! Do as I post, not as I do

I have had family members on a ventilator and over-prescribed antibiotics. One, that modern medicine killed and another, who is much better due to alternative methods and demanding they be taken off the ventilator and antibiotics.

That family member, along with myself, uses atomic iodine daily, by the way.

Chester Copperpot

It would be what I would take. Of course it would kill the bacteria... I know youre trying to make a joke about it but honestly you sound incredibly dumb... What makes it worse is that you dont even realize how dumb you sound.

Chester Copperpot

cant tell if youre serious or not

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

allopathic medicine is great to fix trauma... if im in a car accident i have no problem being pumped with drugs and surgery to keep me alive... for this MDs have their place.

But as far as healing the body... no doctor can ever heal anybody. the body has to heal itself.. and it can only do that if you give it the necessary raw ingredients.

Chester Copperpot

one thing of note... synthetic antibiotics promote fungal growth because they kill off good bacteria... the reason natural antibiotics like iodine are superior is because the iodine itself doesnt kill the bacteria... the body however will use the iodine at its discretion... your body knows who the invaders are and how to attack them but it cannot do so without iodine... just like iodine (or chlorine) can clean up your pool so it works in your body... and it wont promote any fungal growth or other side effects

Chester Copperpot

I have had family members on a ventilator and over-prescribed antibiotics. One, that modern medicine killed and another, who is much better due to alternative methods and demanding they be taken off the ventilator and antibiotics.

That family member, along with myself, uses atomic iodine daily, by the way.
    thank goodness youre a source of common sense.. what the $#@! is wrong with the other people in this thread is beyond me.. people are so smart that theyre dumb

It would be what I would take. Of course it would kill the bacteria... I know youre trying to make a joke about it but honestly you sound incredibly dumb... What makes it worse is that you dont even realize how dumb you sound.
    Oh my... I sure wouldn't want to sound dumb.

Chester Copperpot

most of those side effects are the result of the iodine undoing the damage of other halides.

most of those side effects are the result of the iodine undoing the damage of other halides.
    Yes, indeed. It's called the Herxheimer Reaction.

So many people get freaked out (with good reason) because the symptoms they had prior suddenly get worse before they get better.