Thread: Official Phone from Home thread - How to win Iowa/NH/NV

Official Phone from Home thread - How to win Iowa/NH/NV

First off, who remembers this?

DON'T LET THE MEDIA DETERMINE YOUR DESTINY
    Take the power away from the opinion makers and put it into your own hands. Everyone is working hard, there are dedicated volunteers on the ground who are living and breathing this campaign, door knocking in the cold, wearing out sneakers and their voices. Let's give them the technical and moral support by showing the phone from home love.

WHY PHONE FROM HOME?
    You have the power to reach actual voters who are potentially going to participate in the early state caucuses. It is virtual door knocking and it is the best thing you can do aside from donating and becoming a delegate. If you live outside of the early states, the phone from home program is one of the most effective tools you have in taking control away from the media and into your hands.

WHAT IS IT?
    This operation is essentially a telephone survey which can at any time be directed to different voter groups in different regions, cities, and states. Phone from home essentially does three things that can save the campaign a tremendous amount of money;
    1) Polling
    2) Identifying/informing potential voters/donors
    3) GOTV (get out the vote)

WHAT DO I NEED?
    - Internet connection
    - computer (with a microphone)
    - phone (if your computer doesn't have a microphone)

TAKE ACTION
    The campaign did not place registration on their website like in the past, now we have to email the campaign directly for login information. Keeps trolls away and is more for serious activists.

Email the campaign (iowa@randpaul2016.com) for login information to : www.callingfromhome.com

You can send them this sample email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: iowa@randpaul2016.com

Hi my name is ______________ and seeing Rand win the nomination is one of my biggest goals right now. I would like to get registered to phone from home and begin right away. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes its that easy!

YOU'RE NOT ALONE, BE A PART OF A HUGE GROUND GAME

- Concerned American Voters Super PAC who is raising money, hiring ground operatives and led by some of the best grassroots organizers like YAL's Jeff Frazee and Freedom Works' Matt Kibbe. These guys know how to identify, grow, and win.

- Students for Rand, which has the Iowa 10,000 and Nevada 3,000 goals, SFR college chapters up and down Iowa and across the country.

- Then there are all the on-the-ground activists and operatives who are 100% in the game as Rand has secured precinct chairs and co-chairs in every precinct of Iowa. Through the years, they are only more experienced at caucusing and getting out the vote.

The infrastructure is there and people are in it to win it but having the national grassroots cutting through the data can help them tremendously.

This thread will be getting better through time
    If you have any questions or suggestions on making this thread better, it can be a central place for activism and productivity and a place to help support each other as we take this race into our own hands.
    Last edited by eleganz; 11-08-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After an hour or two I completed my first survey.

Called a lady in Nevada, very nice and willing to take a survey. She actually had a favorable opinion of Rand and if she knew he had the chance to win, she'd vote for him but said his chances are low. I asked her to give me an honest preference just based on where her heart was today and she very hesitantly responded by picking Rubio first choice and Christie second (she admitted she wasn't very knowledgable on the election so far but was making her choice based off her perception of electability).

I wanted to finish the survey and stay on script but she was very chatty so I gave her a few talking points supporting Rand's electability. She said she didn't know about Rand outpolling Hillary in Blue State Pennsylvania and other swing states.

Anyway I continued the survey and her top 3 issues were
    1) spending/balanced budget
    2) tax reform
    3) national security

As I was wrapping up, she asked ME why I supported Rand as a young person and I gave her my reasoning, she thought they were good points and told me she would go to the website and look him up again (I didn't even ask her to do it).

I also told her about Nevada for Rand Paul Facebook page and that he recently opened an office in Vegas, which she didn't know about and was pretty surprised that I told her.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to make a difference with an actual caucus voter. I probably should've taken more time to inform her but I didn't want to be invasive on behalf of the campaign though I don't know what it would hurt since I already know Rand's talking points.

You can make a difference too.
    Last edited by eleganz; 11-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

i cant give you any more rep says the man........but you are awesome

good job and thanks for the inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by CrissyNY View Post
    i cant give you any more rep says the man........but you are awesome

good job and thanks for the inspiration!
    As long as you were inspired enough to get registered. I don't need +reps, I just want more calls to be made Thanks for the support and hope to see you on the front lines soon.

Email the campaign (iowa@randpaul2016.com) for login information to : www.callingfromhome.com

You can send them this sample email:

To: iowa@randpaul2016.com

Hi my name is ______________ and seeing Rand win the nomination is one of my biggest goals right now. I would like to get registered to phone from home and begin right away. Thank you.

THE SQUAD of RPF

I remember Thanks for all you do.

And BTW - Rand knows exactly what you are doing for him...

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

I hope some people are inspired to make some calls after tonight's epic debate performance.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Great debate performance = more supporters interested in calling from home??

Can we turn enthusiasm into effective activism or are we like Trump supporters?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

JKeep it up!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Great debate performance = more supporters interested in calling from home??
    I haven't made calls yet, but I've been walking neighborhoods. I believe a good walk would be around 10 identified voter/issues per hour. So this is all a numbers game of how many people can be reached by phone or in person. Many people only get their information from the mainstream media, and we know how the media loves Rand Paul with their "isolationist" labels that get repeated by voters.

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    I haven't made calls yet, but I've been walking neighborhoods. I believe a good walk would be around 10 identified voter/issues per hour. So this is all a numbers game of how many people can be reached by phone or in person. Many people only get their information from the mainstream media, and we know how the media loves Rand Paul with their "isolationist" labels that get repeated by voters.
    +9999999 for people who are still walking without being asked to do it.

Just Epic.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

ok so i made an hours worth of phone calls tonight..

don't know how much it helped since most were answering machines or hangups, but heres to hoping

Quote Originally Posted by CrissyNY View Post
    ok so i made an hours worth of phone calls tonight..

don't know how much it helped since most were answering machines or hangups, but heres to hoping
    +rep

It does take a little patience to filter through all those people who aren't home but the good part is, you can do almost whatever you want while waiting. Cut your nails, surf RPF, read the news, whatever.

Most of these people are going to be mad especially since its election season and the same people are being hit up for support, cash, votes, surveys, whatever. Its not you, they're just worn out.

When the list is done, they'll either cycle through the list back to those that weren't home or onto a new list.
    Last edited by eleganz; 11-24-2015 at 10:04 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF