Thread: Trey Gowdy Endorses Rand Paul?

Trey Gowdy Endorses Rand Paul?

hxxp://conservativeintel.com/2015/11/07/did-trey-gowdy-just-endorse-rand-paul/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaig n=SocialWarfare

This article is lacking in information, but rumors are widely circulating in the Rand Paul Facebook groups that Trey Gowdy endorsed Rand at this event. Several people who claim to have been at the event said that Gowdy endorsed Rand, but I haven't found anything beyond hearsay due to a lack of media coverage.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    hxxp://conservativeintel.com/2015/11/07/did-trey-gowdy-just-endorse-rand-paul/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaig n=SocialWarfare

This article is lacking in information, but rumors are widely circulating in the Rand Paul Facebook groups that Trey Gowdy endorsed Rand at this event. Several people who claim to have been at the event said that Gowdy endorsed Rand, but I haven't found anything beyond hearsay due to a lack of media coverage.
    So, I watched the recorded part of the event, and Gowdy didn't endorse. However, he was definitely intrigued and even mentioned that Rand gave him a few new pieces of legislation he never even thought of. I would think that Gowdy is smart enough to keep his powder dry this early, but if Rand starts breaking through, he could easily win Gowdy's endorsement. Easily.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So, I watched the recorded part of the event, and Gowdy didn't endorse. However, he was definitely intrigued and even mentioned that Rand gave him a few new pieces of legislation he never even thought of. I would think that Gowdy is smart enough to keep his powder dry this early, but if Rand starts breaking through, he could easily win Gowdy's endorsement. Easily.
    Interesting. I'm not too fond of Gowdy because his voting record is pretty moderate-establishment, but this would definitely be a nice pickup for Rand. So many people only know Gowdy because of the Benghazi hearings and think of him as the consummate conservative.

Of course the only way to confirm would be to see if it was announced on Rand's website.

I would imagine Trey is keeping his lips tight until right before the SC primary to get maximum attention. If Rand won Iowa, it would definitely be on the table.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Interesting. I'm not too fond of Gowdy because his voting record is pretty moderate-establishment, but this would definitely be a nice pickup for Rand. So many people only know Gowdy because of the Benghazi hearings and think of him as the consummate conservative.
    Yup, it would be a major score.

and let's be honest, the Benghazi hearings were less than impressive. Hillary sworn in in private?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    and let's be honest, the Benghazi hearings were less than impressive. Hillary sworn in in private?
    Exactly. But perception = reality.

If we're being honest we have to discuss the reason why Benghazi happened. They didn't want to beef of security because we didn't want to draw attention to NATO allies smuggling arms for their proxy war.
    Last edited by nikcers; 11-07-2015 at 10:30 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had a woman absolutely insist to me that Gowdy endorsed Rand at a SC restaurant on Friday. She posted pictures of her with Rand and sitting up front near Gowdy too. She is very believable, actually getting a bit offended I questioned her about it.

She said the local NBC affiliate was there, so I have contacted them for the footage. We'll see.
    Last edited by TaftFan; 11-07-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    If we're being honest we have to discuss the reason why Benghazi happened. They didn't want to beef of security because we didn't want to draw attention to NATO allies smuggling arms for their proxy war.
    C'mon, we do not want to be that honest. At least the commission did not want to be. 11 hours of beating around the bush.

Gowdy did not endorse.
    If he had, then press releases would have been sent out and the campaign would be boasting about it.
    However, there is a rumor that a major endorsement will occur in the next 4 or 5 days, could be Gowdy, we'll see.
    No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sl7yz0r View Post
    there is a rumor that a major endorsement will occur in the next 4 or 5 days, could be Gowdy, we'll see.
    That's what I'm hearing. Apparently after the debate on Tuesday is when they're gonna announce.

Well if nothing else, he's got Mick Mulvaney and Tom Davis in his corner.

Out of all the establishment/moderate GOP people, I actually like Trey Gowdy. I think he stands by his principle even if he is wrong sometimes. This would do wonders for Rand in SC and definitely put the nail in the coffin for Sissy Graham if it has not by now. One thing about Trey, he don't f*ck around.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLibertyPursuit View Post
    One thing about Trey, he don't f*ck around.
    Are you a paid shill? Somebody who beats around the bush for 11hrs sure does not look like that. How about Hillary being sworn in in private?

Are you a paid shill? Somebody who beats around the bush for 11hrs sure does not look like that. How about Hillary being sworn in in private?
    No I am not a shill and I am Rand diehard supporter. So far talked my grandma, my great grandma, my mom, my sister, my wife, my coworker in voting Rand. My dad eh he is a Trumpster. I get your frustration with the hearing though.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm confused as to why people still believe that endorsements matter?

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    They matter when the press covers them.

Gowdy stumped for Bush only a week or so ago. I think Gowdy is just playing up his SC position for attention and won't endorse until near the SC primary.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    They matter because the GOP voters and constituents who constantly hear the names of elected officials trust their judgement. When you're a normal GOP voter but you vote every time and you're not that knowledgeable, you trust your local elected officials and follow what they do because its assumed they're doing whats right for the party and yada yada.

No kidding, this is all real stuff. Being active in the GOP, you'll learn these things.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Gowdy stumped for Bush only a week or so ago. I think Gowdy is just playing up his SC position for attention and won't endorse until near the SC primary.
    Gowdy is a jackass. I also think he is trying too hard.

Gowdy is Deep State.

Gowdy is Deep State.
    If he is Deep State, why would he leave politics?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If he is Deep State, why would he leave politics?
    Deep State lost. Trump is mopping up.
    Last edited by timosman; 02-01-2018 at 08:29 PM.

I like Gowdy and think he has integrity. We can agree to disagree. I think his compass points north even in rough seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I like Gowdy and think he has integrity. We can agree to disagree. I think his compass points north even in rough seas.
    Maybe he was blackmailed.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Didn't Gowdy back Rubio?