Thread: Suzanimal's Secret of How to Cook a Turkey

Suzanimal's Secret of How to Cook a Turkey

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nope. That's not how I cook turkey. I take a box of wine to my sister in laws house and drink it whilst I watch her cook the turkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

LOL I just noticed tep 13.

I always tet the able.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

loveshiscountry

It's not about the turkey, it's about the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    It's not about the turkey, it's about the journey.
    I figure it's about the wine.

I kind of figured I had been doing it wrong all these years.

I just purchased the Thanksgiving booze. I'm bringing a box of Franzia Cabernet, an opened partially drank box of Franzia Chillable Red, a box of Franzia Blush, a case of Yuengling, a case of Butt Light Tallbois, a few bottles of 18 year old Glenlivet, some fancy bourbon (I forgot the name and I'm too lazy to get up and look), and a few bottles of Merlot for the wine snobs. The bottled wine is 3 buck chuck from Aldi's (I forgot the name but it has a cute owl on the label) and I also bought a few bottles of Wieroigfoerhngfofaof (a spiced seasonal wine they have at Aldi's - I don't think I spelled it correctly).

I'm also taking creamed corn and Mama animal is making a bunch of pies - Pecan, sweet potato (we're not pumpkin people), and French coconut (I doubt it's actually a French recipe considering she got the recipe from my hillbilly aunt - I think they just call it that because it sounds fancy and has a lot of butter in it).

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I just purchased the Thanksgiving booze. I'm bringing a box of Franzia Cabernet, an opened partially drank box of Franzia Chillable Red, a box of Franzia Blush, a case of Yuengling, a case of Butt Light Tallbois, a few bottles of 18 year old Glenlivet, some fancy bourbon (I forgot the name and I'm too lazy to get up and look), and a few bottles of Merlot for the wine snobs. The bottled wine is 3 buck chuck from Aldi's (I forgot the name but it has a cute owl on the label) and I also bought a few bottles of Wieroigfoerhngfofaof (a spiced seasonal wine they have at Aldi's - I don't think I spelled it correctly).

I'm also taking creamed corn and Mama animal is making a bunch of pies - Pecan, sweet potato (we're not pumpkin people), and French coconut (I doubt it's actually a French recipe considering she got the recipe from my hillbilly aunt - I think they just call it that because it sounds fancy and has a lot of butter in it).
    Marinate generously. Have a happy one. (It really sounds like you will.)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Marinate generously. Have a happy one. (It really sounds like you will.)
    I'm going to start marinating tonight. I told Mr Animal he had to take us out for Mexican food (that immigration thread is making me hungry for tacos) because I'm wearing myself out preparing for Thanksgiving.

All that booze isn't just for me, I'm sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm going to start marinating tonight. I told Mr Animal he had to take us out for Mexican food (that immigration thread is making me hungry for tacos) because I'm wearing myself out preparing for Thanksgiving.

All that booze isn't just for me, I'm sharing.
    Your liver will thank you. LMAO!

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic