Thread: Austin Police [yet again] attack and beat two men for... jaywalking

Austin Police [yet again] attack and beat two men for... jaywalking

http://www.rt.com/usa/321125-austin-police-violent-arrest-jaywalking/

A video that has gone viral online shows Austin, Texas police beating up and arresting two men early Friday morning for allegedly jaywalking. They subsequently arrest a third man and a woman who had witnessed the incident.

Police tell bystanders they are taking the man to jail, while bystanders ask what he had done.
    “Crossing against the light,” an officer says in an apparent reference to jaywalking.

A man and a woman, who appear to be friends of the two men being arrested and who were questioning the police’s actions, are also arrested in the video.

This is not the first time the city’s arrest policy for jaywalking has come under question. Last year, the city made international news after police beat up a jogger for jaywalking.
    At a press conference concerning the incident, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo quickly came to the defense of the arresting officers, saying they may have been rough with the female college student, but they hadn’t raped her.
    https://youtu.be/uVuyO85cINg

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "But at least we didn't rape her!!"

Sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    http://www.rt.com/usa/321125-austin-police-violent-arrest-jaywalking/

https://youtu.be/uVuyO85cINg
    Not raping someone is now evidence that an assailant is *not that bad*?

99% of the population manages to not use "at least I didn't rape her/him" as justification for the mildness of an assault.

Because nothing bad ever happens with Jaywalking

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Bad things usually don't happen to jaywalkers on a barricaded street with no vehicles allowed in -- though there is that possibility of being swarmed by heavily armed gang members for crossing at a yellow light on a closed-off street.

What's the rest of the story?

Remember you're paying for this $#@!.........

There're those magic words again "Stop Resisting!!!". Didn't get to see what led up to the escalation. I am sure part of it is the one guy just trying to keep his balance.

To me the lesson here is authority is going to escalate and escalate very quickly even when complying with commands. This is a lose situation for the jaywalkers here. I wish I had seen what happened prior...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed, bad things can happen to jaywalkers. Its not safe.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post

Some of those guys were in the crosswalks.

Actually studies have proven that more pedestrians die in the crosswalks than in jaywalking. I think people stupidly trust motorists to slow down and abide by the pedestrian first rule.
    There is no spoon.

So to protect people from getting hurt jaywalking, the cops are going to hurt them instead. Hummm, interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Actually studies have proven that more pedestrians die in the crosswalks than in jaywalking. I think people stupidly trust motorists to slow down and abide by the pedestrian first rule.
    I saw a truck almost slam into a father walking a small son across a cross walk. There were no signs and it was not at a corner and in the middle of busy street. The father didn't look both ways, he walked out expecting everyone to stop. The father angrily pointed at the crosswalk.

I wanted to explain to him that yes, the laws of man say you have the right of way, but a two ton truck, going at a certain speed has the laws of physics on its side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So to protect people from getting hurt jaywalking, the cops are going to hurt them instead. Hummm, interesting concept.
    It's about revenue.

Jaywalker gets hit by car? Police have to waste time and money on the accident scene.

Jaywalker arrested? Ka ching, money from fines and quota met.

The beating is just a benefit for the cop. He gets to feel all big and bad asserting his dominance with his buddies, gun, and badge backing him up.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Indeed, bad things can happen to jaywalkers. Its not safe.

not only that, if we allow these people to get away with j-walking, then everyone will be j-walking...total chaos...dead people everywhere...

Guys! We don't know what happened off camera the day before these officers went to bed the night before this happened. We need to wait for the full story to come out.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

And it's hard on the vehicles too.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.