Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA-BREAKING: Cops who unloaded on vehicle, killing six y/o, charged with murder

Exclamation LA-BREAKING: Cops who unloaded on vehicle, killing six y/o, charged with murder

2 Louisiana Officers Charged With Murder in Death of 6-Year-Old

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/us...pgtype=article

The Louisiana State Police arrested two police officers on Friday on charges of second-degree murder in the shooting of a 6-year-old boy during a pursuit of his father in an S.U.V.

The officers, Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Derrick Stafford, originally placed on administrative leave after the chase on Tuesday, each also faced attempted second-degree murder, Col. Michael Edmonson, superintendent of the State Police, said in a news conference Friday.

The father, Chris Few, who was driving, was left critically wounded. Mr. Few’s son, Jeremy Mardis, was killed after the police opened fire.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-06-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Charged With Murder?
    Will this "new trend" spread to all 50 states?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Charged With Murder?
    Will this "new trend" spread to all 50 states?
    It's a start.

Now the government lawyers will stack the government jury with government approved jurors, who will acquit the heroes and the world will wag on.

Minus one cute little boy.

I'm betting the cops are found not guilty. Want to wager?

Here's the longer thread on this, started by Lucile. Change of events all around.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ling-6-y-o-boy

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Here's the longer thread on this, started by Lucile. Change of events all around.

Yeah, I probably should have just posted it there, but I wanted to shout this out.

Yeah, I probably should have just posted it there, but I wanted to shout this out.

See? AF does post positive stories! I really wish there were more of these!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    See? AF does post positive stories! I really wish there were more of these!
    No matter how you slice this......it is not a positive story.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If you didn't I would have

2 Louisiana Officers Charged With Second-Degree Murder in Killing of Boy, 6New York Times‎ - 9 hours ago

Michael Edmonson, superintendent of the Louisiana State Police, said during a news ...Louisiana police arrest 2 officers in autistic boy's deathYahoo News‎ - 46 mins ago

2 officers arrested in shooting death of boy in LouisianaCNN.com‎ - 8 hours ago

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Shout away! The cops tried to spin this from day one. None of their lies held up.

Justice will not be found in their courts.

Headlines on the other hand................

I was shocked when I saw they were charged. Definitely deserves its own thread since it's such a rare thing.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/07/cops-ar...of-6-year-old/

Let’s make tonight about Jeremy Mardis. That little boy was buckled in the front seat of that vehicle and that is how he died,” Edmonson said. “He didn’t deserve to die like that.”

Speaking of the body camera footage that was recovered from the officers, he said: “It is the most disturbing thing I’ve seen, and I will leave it at that.”
    [...]
    Two other officers were involved in the incident. When Edmonson was asked whether he anticipated any more arrests, he said: “We’ll see where it takes us.”
    [...]
    It’s still unclear what led police to pursue Few and what triggered the shooting. The parish coroner said earlier this week that the officers were serving a warrant on Few when he fled, but Edmonson later said he had no information about a warrant.

Few’s 57-year-old stepfather, Morris German, has accused the marshals of indiscriminately opening fire on the vehicle. German said Few was heavily sedated, unable to talk and has bullet fragments lodged in his brain and lung. He described Few as a loving father and added the man’s son “was his whole life.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Speaking of the body camera footage that was recovered from the officers, he said: “It is the most disturbing thing I’ve seen, and I will leave it at that.”
    Cop hater...

http://www.katc.com/story/30460349/k...-of-6-year-old

KATC Investigates has uncovered the two Marksville City Marshals now under arrest for a boy's murder have been accused of civil rights violations in the past.
    [...]
    Jeremy Mardis, 6, was shot and killed Tuesday night while in a truck with his father, Chris Few, who was critically injured. In initial statements, the marshals involved allegedly indicated they were chasing Few because he had an outstanding warrant. But no warrant has been found, and officers have refused to give statements to troopers investigating the incident.

In October, 2011, Lt. Derrick Stafford was indicted by a Rapides Parish grand jury on two counts of aggravated rape. The case was resolved, we reached out to the clerk of court's office for the outcome, we are awaiting those documents.

Lt. Derrick Stafford also has five pending civil lawsuits involving him in Avoyelles Parish. He's also worked for the Avoyelles Parish Sheriff's Department, Marksville Police Department and the Chenyville Police Department. Norris Greenhouse Jr. was also named in several of the suits. Greenhouse is a reserve officer with the Marksville Police Department, part-time Marksville City Marshal, and full-time Alexandria City Marshal.

All of the following civil suits are still pending in Avoyelles Parish:

January 3, 2011 -- While arresting a woman, Stafford allegedly threw her in the backseat with her hands cuffed and tased her without warning in the left side of her stomach while she was sitting in the backseat.

July 4, 2012 -- While the Fourth of July parade was in progress, a family with a dog suffering from seizures and a stroke says they tried to get across the parade to make it to a veterinarian's and was told he could not go cross. The officer allegedly yelled at the wife and the husband ran across the street to make it to the vet. The man later called the sheriff's office to make a complaint against the officer, and was arrested for disturbing the peace. While he was being arrested, Stafford reportedly arrived and asked to arrest the suspect himself and put his handcuffs on him. The man spent the night in jail and later filed a lawsuit. The lawsuit is still pending.

December 2012 -- While breaking up a fight between two girls on an Avoylles Parish school bus, Stafford was working for the City of Marksville and allegedly pulled a 15-year-old girls' arms behind her back and apparently broke it. The girl's mother filed suit and it's still open.

June 18, 2013 -- Stafford and Greenhouse were driving a Marksville Police Department cruiser when they ran into an open gate owned by the Avoylles Parish Sheriff's Department. They sued the department and the case is still open.

July 4, 2013 -- Greenhouse and seven other officers, including Stafford, broke up a fight during a Fourth of July Celebration by pepper spraying into the crowd. It was here another officer allegedly arrested and assaulted a 14-year-old boy. A mother who was there with her three children, sued. The case is still pending. At the same event another man says he lost his keys in the confusion of the spray, and was slammed to the ground and assaulted by several officers who also allegedly pepper sprayed him again. The man sued. The suit is still pending.

The two men were also named in a July lawsuit filed in federal court in Lafayette against the city, Chief Smith, and five other Marksville police officers.
    The suit was filed by Ian Fridge of Ascension Parish, who was booked in Marksville in July 2014 with resisting an officer, battery on an officer, remaining after being forbidden and possession of firearms on a premises where alcohol is served.
    [...]
    In his lawsuit, Fridge states he went to Marksville to provide people with information about the Libertarian Party. A core tenet of the party is the right to keep and bear arms, the suit states. To demonstrate that, several members of his group were wearing their holstered weapons, the suit states.

The police report accuses Fridge of having an odor of alcohol on his breath, but he denies drinking at the event. He claims the officers taunted him to try to persuade him to draw his weapon, and accused him of being from out of town. He claims in his suit that he offered to take his gun to his car, but was "startled by the unanticipated use of force." He denies resisting the officers, and claims the officers were shouting things like "stop resisting" for the benefit of onlookers.

Fridge claims he told officers he had just had surgery on his shoulder and wrist, at which time the officers tightened the handcuffs on his wrists. He also claims that he was hit by the Taser after he was cuffed and lying facedown on the ground.

Fridge also alleges that the officers deleted video of the incident he had managed to capture on his cell phone.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I'm sorry Lucille, but I choose not to believe any of the material that you have presented that smears the good names of these officers. If they were bad guys, they wouldn't have been allowed to be police officers. You must have some sort of agenda. These brave men keep you safe.

Citizen Boobus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look at all those missed opportunities to kick this guy off the police force, or better yet put him behind bars, and thus prevent this tragedy. Every one in a command position over him shares guilt.

pumped 5 rounds into this kids head. May as well have chopped it off...

God forgive them, because i sure as $#@! won't.

Couple of real heroes, these two $#@!s are.

They are getting charged with murder? Did the bodycam video malfunction or something?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    They are getting charged with murder? Did the bodycam video malfunction or something?
    Don't worry comrade the charges will be addressed in one of their courts.

Reinstatement with back pay is the status-quo.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

sad thing is, it is a 50 50 chance you may be right..
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Well, that answers a lot.

It turns out that Norris Greenhouse, Jr.’s father, Norris Greenhouse, Sr. is the Civil Assistant District Attorney for Avoyelles Parish, where Marksville is located. The Free Thought Project has spoken to a source with knowledge of this relationship, who says the police chief and D.A. had been warned that Stafford and Greenhouse, Jr. were dangerous men. These warnings were ignored, according to the source.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...g1cwBIV7RVx.99

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    sad thing is, it is a 50 50 chance you may be right..
    Much higher than 50/50.

More like 90/10

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Actually it seems like "real" cops are trying to distance themselves from this by saying "these weren't real cops, just city marshalls -- it's not the same!"

Never mind that two of them were city cops who were "moonlighting" as city marshalls -- and doing what cops do : kill people and break things.

Much higher than 50/50.

More like 90/10
    I don't want to be overly pessimistic (even though they only charged the two with second degree murder to begin with) but of the ten thousand plus people killed by police since 9/11 how many police were convicted of a crime whatsoever? Five? Ten? And the five or ten are all recent.

It's more like 99.999% to . 001%.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/new...here/75394192/
    Updates:

Some residents on Martin Luther King Drive, where the shooting occurred, were quick to share what they knew about Jeremy and his father, Chris Few, who remains in serious condition at Rapides Regional Medical Center. Yet few were willing to go on the record with Gannett Louisiana, saying that “making waves” in the neighborhood would make them targets of local law enforcement...

Dominick said the police tried to push her and other witnesses away from the shooting after it happened. Other residents of the neighborhood said local law enforcement was trying to keep the crime scene “hush-hush” because Greenhouse is the son of an assistant Avoyelles Parish district attorney.When asked about local law enforcement’s role in the community, several residents mentioned excessive use of force by young, “trigger-happy” cops who lacked experience on the police force.
    “It’s crooked around here,” Dominick said. “I see police jump on men and break their arm, bodyslam children to the ground ... They have no respect for us. We can’t even live here comfortable because the police are nagging us for no reason.”
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

“It’s crooked around here,” Dominick said. “I see police jump on men and break their arm, bodyslam children to the ground ... They have no respect for us. We can’t even live here comfortable because the police are nagging us for no reason.”
    That community should be more appreciative. If there were no police, who would protect them from violent thugs and trigger happy murderers?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I was shocked when I saw they were charged. Definitely deserves its own thread since it's such a rare thing.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/07/cops-ar...of-6-year-old/

Let’s make tonight about Jeremy Mardis. That little boy was buckled in the front seat of that vehicle and that is how he died,” Edmonson said. “He didn’t deserve to die like that.”
    Everybody knows kids are supposed to be in the back seat. Obviously this is the fault of the father. He should have bought a quad cab. The mother should be charged as well. Breeding with this scumbag is proof positive that she was a willing participant.

Look at all those missed opportunities to kick this guy off the police force, or better yet put him behind bars, and thus prevent this tragedy. Every one in a command position over him shares guilt.
    And now everyone in a command position is going to line up to scapegoat this guy.

With respect to law enforcement in this country, for the last decade or so we've been stuck in the position of thinking that they're all incredibly stupid, or just evil.

Well, they're smart enough to know when to cross the thin blue line... the time to do it is when their system of sawing little boy's heads off with bullets is under a serious threat.

They would much rather see this man in stocks, than allow the public to develop a serious doubt as to whether or not we need them. By scapegoating this man, they force the conversation to be about him. Not about the boy, not about the man they were actually after, not about what the man did, and CERTAINLY not about the policies and procedures that hundreds of people rubber-stamped which leads to this sort of thing inevitably happening daily.

If they were stupid, they'd be defending him still. But they know that defending him now crosses a line. They're smart enough to know that line is there, and exactly how far they can go before crossing it.

That suggests intelligence.

We're only left with one alternative.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast