Thread: By Kingly Decree, Obama stops Keystone pipeline

Exclamation By Kingly Decree, Obama stops Keystone pipeline

The President King, just like the Anti Federalists warned.

Citing Climate Change, Obama Rejects Construction of Keystone XL Oil Pipeline

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/us...line.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Obama announced on Friday that he had rejected the request from a Canadian company to build the Keystone XL oil pipeline, ending a seven-year review that had become a symbol of the debate over his climate policies.

Mr. Obama’s denial of the proposed 1,179-mile pipeline, which would have carried 800,000 barrels a day of carbon-heavy petroleum from the Canadian oil sands to the Gulf Coast, comes as he seeks to build an ambitious legacy on climate change.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the "King" failed?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Anti-Federalists FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    the "King" failed?
    The King never fails.

His decrees are law.

Move along now.

The tar sands will still be sent through the states as they always have, by rail. Because nothing bad ever happens to trains. Train good, pipe bad.

/sarcasm

Stupid issue, altogether.

No benefit for either side. The pipe wouldn't have made it any less safe for the environment, and also wouldn't have made oil and gas prices lower. It would have only made the pockets of TransCanada richer.

And not even that, really. With oil prices as low as they've been lately, the pipeline would have been a bust. (Pun not intended)

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    The tar sands will still be sent through the states as they always have, by rail. Because nothing bad ever happens to trains. Train good, pipe bad.

/sarcasm

No benefit for either side. The pipe wouldn't have made it any less safe for the environment, and also wouldn't have made oil and gas prices lower. It would have only made the pockets of TransCanada richer.

And not even that, really. With oil prices as low as they've been lately, the pipeline would have been a bust. (Pun not intended)
    Oh, I'm in the biz, and I agree, but that's not my point.

Where does the president have the authority to "approve" or "disapprove" anything at all like this?

Well, the government judges will tell you he clearly has that authority under the CONstitution.

So move along now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, I'm in the biz, and I agree, but that's not my point.

Where does the president have the authority to "approve" or "disapprove" anything at all like this?

Well, the government judges will tell you he clearly has that authority under the CONstitution.

So move along now.
    Don't challenge the king's authority, you might get your head lopped off by drone.

The President has veto power, for good or bad.

The real question would be why does this private sector endeavor require Federal approval? Is there some type of Federal crony corporatism involved? Eminent domain? Other benefits of having a Big Brother sugar daddy and enforcer involved?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure there was a treaty of some sort involved, but you'd never know it by reading the news stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The President has veto power, for good or bad.

The real question would be why does this private sector endeavor require Federal approval? Is there some type of Federal crony corporatism involved? Eminent domain? Other benefits of having a Big Brother sugar daddy and enforcer involved?

Mr. Obama’s denial of the proposed 1,179-mile pipeline, which would have carried 800,000 barrels a day of carbon-heavy petroleum from the Canadian oil sands to the Gulf Coast, comes as he seeks to build an ambitious legacy on climate change.
    It's a good thing Obama stopped this pipeline. Otherwise we'd end up with 800,000 barrels a day worth of climate change in the gulf coast. Now, thankfully, that climate change will stay where it belongs -- Canada.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post

/sarcasm

Warren buffet is please with you obama.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Last week, the company behind the Keystone pipeline said they wanted to withdraw or at least suspend their bid to build the pipeline. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d0c_story.html

TransCanada asks U.S. to suspend Keystone pipeline application

The company sponsoring the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline Monday asked the State Department to suspend the review of its federal permit application, a request that could push a final decision on the pipeline beyond President Obama’s tenure in office.

The administration is preparing to reject a cross-border permit for the project aimed at transporting hundreds of thousands of barrels of heavy crude oil from Canada’s oil sands region to Gulf Coast refineries, according to several individuals who have been briefed but spoke on the condition of anonymity because the White House’s decision has not been announced. In asking for a delay, TransCanada could hand the issue, which has come to symbolize the broader battle over how the United States should address climate change, to the next U.S. president.

The Nebraska Public Service Commission is reviewing the pipeline’s route in the state after residents there challenged the state’s approval process for the project, and TransCanada argued in a letter to Secretary of State John F. Kerry that it would be “appropriate” to delay any federal decision until the Nebraska route is settled. The company first applied for a presidential permit seven years ago.

TransCanada’s president and chief executive, Russ Girling, noted Monday that when residents challenged the approval process for the pipeline in Nebraska’s courts, “the State Department found it appropriate to suspend its review until that dispute was resolved. We feel under the current circumstances a similar suspension would be appropriate.” The Nebraska review, the company said, could take between seven and 12 months.

A State Department official said officials were reviewing the letter.

Earlier Monday, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said that “our expectation at this point . . . is that the president will make a decision before the end of his administration on the Keystone pipeline, but when exactly that will be I don’t know at this point.”

At issue is the northern leg of the pipeline, which would stretch 1,179 miles between Hardisty, Alberta, and Steele City, Neb. The administration has approved the project’s southern leg.
    I guess this means they won't be using eminent domain to seize property to build the pipeline on. At least for now.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...102-story.html

The request also reflects a remarkable turnabout by TransCanada, which has spent years complaining of delays in the process only now to request one itself.

Last month, after meeting stiff legal resistance from landowners in Nebraska, the company decided to withdraw its plans to use a special state law that would allow it to exercise eminent domain to seize land for its preferred pipeline route. The company instead applied for a permit through the Nebraska Public Service Commission, a process that could take a year.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-07-2015 at 01:09 PM.

I loved how the GOP claimed that this pipline project would bring jobs yeah very limited job that go hand in hand with health risks. Obama is right on this one though expect calling our oil as dirty was an insult.

By Kingly Decree, Obama stops Keystone pipeline
    So he's vetoing it? Or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The President King, just like the Anti Federalists warned.

Citing Climate Change, Obama Rejects Construction of Keystone XL Oil Pipeline

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/us...line.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Obama announced on Friday that he had rejected the request from a Canadian company to build the Keystone XL oil pipeline, ending a seven-year review that had become a symbol of the debate over his climate policies.

It would be a Hoot if President Trump were to issue a Decree in February 2017 sending Barry, HRC, Rahm and 10000 more top dem minions and backers to FEMA Camps for orderly disposition.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I loved how the GOP claimed that this pipline project would bring jobs yeah very limited job that go hand in hand with health risks. Obama is right on this one though expect calling our oil as dirty was an insult.
    I wonder how many train jobs would be lost since they wouldn't have been hauling nearly as much?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I'm not quite sure, and that's the point.

To read the news, it was by decree.

And, for the record, I was opposed to the project, as Zip noted, it would have used eminent domain seizures to benefit private enterprise.

Oh yeah, I'm sure there was a treaty of some sort involved, but you'd never know it by reading the news stories.
    Its interstate commerce, and deals with multiple countries. The power should be with congress and the president. Of all my gripes with obama, this isnt very high
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

I'm not quite sure, and that's the point.

To read the news, it was by decree.

And, for the record, I was opposed to the project, as Zip noted, it would have used eminent domain seizures to benefit private enterprise.
    oh, well. THAT makes sense..

"Thread: By Kingly Decree, Obama stops Keystone pipeline"

the MSM anointed him. and you believed it.
    Last edited by HVACTech; 11-08-2015 at 12:42 AM.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Even though I'm an O&G guy I don't particularly care to look it up, but I believe the pretext is that His Majesty's royal Environmental Protection Agency hath duly denied the application for permit.

Oh, for everyone's information:

So, you know...