Thread: Cops Stalked & Beat a Man Because He Unwittingly Gave A Cop Killer Directions

Cops Stalked & Beat a Man Because He Unwittingly Gave A Cop Killer Directions

Cops Stalked & Brutally Beat a Man Because He Unwittingly Gave A Cop Killer Directions

New York, NY — Karim Baker, 26, a former Fed Ex Driver from Queens, is suing the city of New York for $10 million because he was ruthlessly assaulted by a gang of police after he unwittingly gave the wrong person directions.

According to the lawsuit, on December 20, 2014, Baker was working for Fed-Ex delivering packages when a random man asked him for directions, he gave the man directions as he usually would if someone would ask him, and then he went about his day. Coincidentally, the person who asked him for directions was Ismaaiyl Brinsley, a man who later killed two police officers.

It is important to point out that delivery drivers give directions to strangers on a regular basis, because most people assume that delivery drivers know their way around the city.

During the NYPD’s investigation, officers noticed the encounter between Baker and Brinsley on surveillance footage and began to blame Baker for what happened later that day.

They then began to stalk and harass Baker, pulling him over for no reason more than 20 times in just a few months, and never giving him a ticket for any infraction. When Baker finally objected to the harassment, he was beaten mercilessly to the point of hospitalization.

“I cannot really fathom a circumstance where a guy is pulled over 20 times in the span of nine months, never been given a ticket, and then on the heels of that, they beat the hell out of him and put him in the hospital,” lawyer Eric Subin said. Subin added that his client is now traumatized by the incident and that he will probably never look at things the same way again.

“The guy can barely get through a sentence without breaking down in tears,” Subin said.

Baker has no criminal history and has never had a run-in with the law, aside from this one. After the incident occurred, Baker was charged with resisting arrest, criminal possession of a controlled substance, obstructing police and parking within 15 feet of a hydrant.

The NYPD has been silent on the issue, saying only that the case is under review, and that “The arresting officer’s supervisor notified IAB that Karim Baker was injured while resisting arrest. Mr. Baker was treated and released for minor cuts to his head and lip at a local hospital. The incident is being investigated by CCRB and the NYPD’s Office of the Chief Of Department. No allegation of misconduct was reported by Mr. Baker at the time of his arrest.”

Baker made the simple and unavoidable mistake of being in the wrong place at the wrong time on the day that he gave Brisley directions and for this, NYPD cops have turned his life into a living hell.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...KdYeZ7Rku2u.99

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SERVED. AND. PROTECTED.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

But are the heroes OK?

2 NYPD cops charged for beating Postal Worker who gave directions to cop killer

Sounds like these cops couldn't get a good beating on the killer who off'd himself so they had to take out their aggression on someone....Like the postal worker who randomly gave directions to someone.

Who are the heroes again?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2608423

NYPD detectives charged with assaulting postal worker who accidently gave directions to cop killer

A pair of NYPD detectives was busted Wednesday for going postal on a federal employee in Queens, savagely beating a mailman who unwittingly gave directions to a maniac who killed two police officers.

Detectives Angelo Pampena, 31, and Robert Carbone, 29, were indicted for the shocking Oct. 21 attack on Karim Baker that left him seriously injured. Pampena was also hit with a perjury charge for allegedly lying about what happened.

Baker, 26, told the Daily News he’s still hurting physically and emotionally — and he’s not surprised his alleged attackers were indicted. He said he testified before the grand jury hearing the case, and “based on their reactions, I knew (the detectives) were going to get indicted.”

“It was very difficult,” Baker said. “It was like I was reliving the moment. Just sitting there and going through it all over again was definitely hard for me.”

The beatdown happened on 96th St. between Christie and 55th Aves. in Corona. Baker was in uniform, having just finished his shift for the Postal Service. He had just gotten into his parked car when the two gang unit cops approached him and then attacked, court papers show.

The clash was caught on surveillance video that was shown to the grand jury, said Baker’s attorney Eric Subin.

“The evidence is crystal clear .... There’s no room for interpretation,” Subin said of the video. “There is no explanation for what they did. It’s bone-chilling.”

“They beat the hell out of him,” Subin said.

Baker suffered “serious physical injuries,” underwent surgery for a knee injury and may need surgery on his spine, Subin added.

The letter carrier was initially charged with resisting arrest, criminal possession of a controlled substance, obstructing police, and parking within 15 feet of a hydrant — but those charges were later tossed.

As the assault, which was first reported by the Daily News, was investigated, Pampena allegedly filed a false affidavit claiming that the fight broke out after Baker’s car was found parked in front of a hydrant. The surveillance video shows he was parked legally, officials said.

A high-ranking police source said that Pampena and Carbone stopped Baker because they thought he was in the middle of a drug transaction, but Subin had a more nefarious explanation.

Baker and his attorney claim that the postal employee was repeatedly harassed by police after he directed Ismaaiyl Brinsley to the Marcy Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, on Dec. 20, 2014. There Brinsley shot and killed Officers Rafael Ramos, 40, and Wenjian Liu, 32.

Baker said Brinsley — who killed himself after executing the two cops — hadn’t made his evil intentions known during the brief exchange.

Earlier in the day, Brinsley had posted a picture on Instagram of a silver Taurus semiautomatic pistol, writing “I’m putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours ... let’s take 2 of theirs.”

Investigators looking to speak with Baker flagged his license plate in the NYPD’s computer system, but never deleted the alert after they interviewed Baker, then a FedEx employee, and cleared him of any wrongdoing, Subin said.

Instead, when Baker got a second car, the license plate on that vehicle was also flagged, Subin said.

In all, Baker said he was stopped by police for traffic infractions — but never ticketed — about 20 times in the months before the October attack.

Subin said the mixup had Pampena and Carbone believing the postal worker was still wanted for questioning in the Liu and Ramos murders.

The police source denied that claim, insisting Baker’s car wasn’t flagged.

“There was no interest in him whatsoever after he was interviewed,” the source added. “These guys had no clue who this guy was.”

The Queens DA’s office requested $10,000 bail for the two detectives, but they were ordered released on their own recognizance after a brief court appearance Wednesday.

They will return to court to respond to the charges in June, the DA’s office said.

There are a couple things pretty incredible here. That the cops added resisting arrest, obstruction, and controlled substance as complete BS charges so the could justify beating the $#@! out of this guy.

There is so much amount of BS coming out of the cops side of things it is amazing. Everything from the BS about the illegally parked car, to BS about fighting about it. There was no fight, it was two gang members jacking a guy and beating the crap out of him and putting him in the hospital.

Basically the cops can pretty much make up any excuse to beat the crap out of you. Imagine if there was no video evidence!!! This guy would be in so much trouble and gotten a beating.

Imagine he was stopped TWENTY TIMES for no reason other than pure harassment until 2 gang members couldn't take it anymore and decided to beat him to a pulp.

And the worst part of all? The guy did nothing wrong. He gave directions to a stranger.

So how do you explain this one to the people who say they have done nothing wrong, they have nothing to hide, and they don't break any laws?

'Murika!!!

There is a lesson here. I think it is never give directions to strangers.

And the cops skate...again.

Cops Who Stalked and Severely Beat Innocent Postal Worker, On Video, Cleared of Charges

http://www.thefreethoughtproject.com...-baker-postal/

Matt Agorist March 17, 2017

New York, NY — A dangerous precedent has been set in New York this week after two NYPD officers who stalked and beat an innocent postal worker — to the point of hospitalization, leaving him disabled — were let off with zero consequences.

Angelo Pampena, 32, and Robert Carbone, 30, faced up to seven years in prison on charges that they violently assaulted postal worker Karim Baker on Oct. 21, 2015. On Thursday, Queens Supreme Court Justice Michael Aloise cleared both of these cops — in spite of the overwhelming evidence against them — including video. Both of their cases were sealed and dismissed.

Baker had done nothing wrong and was being actively stalked by multiple NYPD cops for simply giving a man, who he did not know, directions.

On Dec. 20, 2014, a deranged lunatic would ask Baker for directions to the Marcy Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant. Baker did not know this lunatic and had no idea of his intentions. However, he was seen on video giving him those directions. That demented madman was Ismaaiyl Brinsley, who went on to murder two NYPD cops in cold blood — Officers Rafael Ramos, 40, and Wenjian Liu, 32 — before killing himself.

For the next ten months, NYPD officers allegedly set out to make Baker’s life a living hell after they found out he gave Brinsley those directions. Baker was stopped around 20 times by NYPD cops, before the final stop, in which they nearly killed him.

“I was being harassed, like cops outside by door and my family members’ doors, friends’ doors, just everybody. I felt just some type of way,” Baker said last year of the stalking.

“Mr. Baker began to be systematically harassed. He was pulled over by the police for various minor traffic infractions approximately 20 times in the span of nine months,” said Eric Subin, Baker’s attorney.

This final stop was caught on video.

On that fateful October night in 2015, Baker had just finished his shift when officers Pampena and Carbone moved in. Still in his uniform, the officers rolled up on Baker and began demanding he show them his ID. Baker, knowing he had done nothing wrong, refused to give his ID unless the officers could tell him why they needed it.

According to Subin, the officers claimed Baker was too close to a fire hydrant and then they began their attack. According to Subin, Baker, and surveillance footage of the incident, Pampena and Carbone, who were in plainclothes at the time, began striking Baker in the face and body multiple times before dragging him out of the car where they continued to beat him.

“He was a mess,” Subin said. “He got the hell beaten out of him.”

Baker suffered bruises to his face, tears to ligaments in his knees, and injuries to his spine and has been unable to return to work as a result of these injuries.

Baker was then arrested and charged with resisting arrest and criminal possession of a controlled substance. All charges would later be dismissed as they were baseless.

“We are gratified by the judge’s decision,” Pampena’s attorney, James Moschella, said of Thursday’s ruling. “These officers went out there in good faith and we feel the verdict is not only a vindication of their acts, but the brave actions of all New York City police officers day in and day out.”

“From the beginning, this appeared to be an overzealous prosecution not supported by the facts, so I appreciate the verdict,” Palladino said.

“I took the stand against the officers. I’m definitely worried. I still don’t feel comfortable,” said Baker of the verdict. “I feel I have to watch over my shoulder, watch my back. I just don’t feel secure. I’m just living life like under a rock, trying to be safe and secure.”

“It is pretty outrageous,” Subin said. “This beating is caught on video. There’s audio. The audio has him begging for his life and screaming for help. To have a complete acquittal, even of perjury, it just seems to me to be outrageous. It’s a bad day for victims, for justice.”

Baker is currently suing the NYPD for $100 million.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if the Jury was afraid of being beaten to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

A dangerous precedent has been set in New York this week after two NYPD officers who stalked and beat an innocent postal worker — to the point of hospitalization, leaving him disabled — were let off with zero consequences.
    Where's this guy been?