Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ben Carson Thinks Joseph Built the Pyramids.... WTF?

I think Carson mis-spoke saying Joseph built the pyramids - I think he simply meant that Joseph *used* the pyramids for storing grain. Joseph was the Pharoah's head guy in charge of storing up grain for the coming 7-year famine, so sure... why not?

If his point about hermetically sealed compartments is true, his theory is not unreasonable.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Heaven forfend that somebody who risks starving to death should be allowed to sell their property in exchange for food.
    Where pray-tell did Joseph get the food?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I think Carson mis-spoke saying Joseph built the pyramids - I think he simply meant that Joseph *used* the pyramids for storing grain. Joseph was the Pharoah's head guy in charge of storing up grain for the coming 7-year famine, so sure... why not?

If his point about hermetically sealed compartments is true, his theory is not unreasonable.
    They pyramids have almost no internal volume.

Egypt had granaries near the cities. Why would anyone transport grain so far away, to store such a tiny amount of it?
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    He saved it up over seven good years.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the seven years of great plenty.
    Genesis 41:29 Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt:
    Genesis 41:48 And he gathered up all the food of the seven years, which were in the land of Egypt, and laid up the food in the cities: the food of the field, which was round about every city, laid he up in the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    From the seven years of great plenty.
    Right... So Joseph was a farmer???

What forum am I even on?

How is using state power to seize goods and create a monopoly, then using that monopoly to exort an entire country out of its possessions a god damn voluntary exchange?

Joseph could very easily have rationed out the food over a seven year period to the farmers he had 'gathered' it from.

How are people defending the use of the state to enslave citizens?!?
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Right... So Joseph was a farmer???

What forum am I even on?

How is using state power to seize goods and create a monopoly, then using that monopoly to exort an entire country out of its possessions a god damn voluntary exchange?

Joseph could very easily have rationed out the food over a seven year period to the farmers he had 'gathered' it from.

You should tell that to Pharaoh, he was the boss at the time.

I haven't seen anyone do that. Can you provide the quote you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    You should tell that to Pharaoh, he was the boss at the time.
    Well, see Pharaoh said...

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 41:41
    41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
    So clearly Joseph could do whatever he wanted.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

He saved it up over seven good years.
    He didn't save it up.

He seized 20% of all the grain for seven years.

Then he traded it back to the people who had grown in it the first place at rates so extortionate that they had to sell themselves into slavery to avoid starvation just 3 years into the famine.

And he did it with all the power of the state.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

I haven't seen anyone do that. Can you provide the quote you're talking about?
    Hmm lets see...

And since when is buying someone's land the same as enslaving them? They sold the land voluntarily. And they benefited from doing so.
    They sold their land and themselves in exchange for food that they grew and had been taken from them.

You don't even believe in free will so I guess I can see how you would think this exchange counts as voluntary. Threaten people with death if they don't do what you say... its voluntary as long as your threat is a passive one? Even if you constructed the passive threat of death?
    Last edited by idiom; 11-23-2015 at 01:45 AM.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ben Carson Thinks There’s a Star of David on the Dollar Bill. There’s Not.
    Dec 3, 2015
    Addressing the Republican Jewish Coalition today, Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson told a story about how the Star of David came to be on the U.S. dollar bill.
    Only one problem: There’s no Star of David on the dollar bill.
    Carson was telling the story of wealthy Jewish merchant Haym Salomon, who is said to have been a major financier of George Washington’s troops during the Revolutionary War.
    "Salomon gave all his funds to save the U.S. Army and, some say, no one knows for sure, that’s the reason there’s a Star of David on the back of the one dollar bill," Carson said in Washington, D.C.
    There is a conspiracy theory that a design of stars arranged above the eagle on the U.S. seal printed on the bill forms a Jewish star and that this was done as a way to thank Salomon for his generosity.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ben-c...ry?id=35562091

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Ben Carson Thinks There’s a Star of David on the Dollar Bill. There’s Not.
    Dec 3, 2015
    Addressing the Republican Jewish Coalition today, Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson told a story about how the Star of David came to be on the U.S. dollar bill.
    Only one problem: There’s no Star of David on the dollar bill.
    Carson was telling the story of wealthy Jewish merchant Haym Salomon, who is said to have been a major financier of George Washington’s troops during the Revolutionary War.
    "Salomon gave all his funds to save the U.S. Army and, some say, no one knows for sure, that’s the reason there’s a Star of David on the back of the one dollar bill," Carson said in Washington, D.C.
    There is a conspiracy theory that a design of stars arranged above the eagle on the U.S. seal printed on the bill forms a Jewish star and that this was done as a way to thank Salomon for his generosity.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ben-c...ry?id=35562091
    Well, it is there. And the Star of David has much older symbolic significance than just a sign for Judaism.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Question. Why did the great pyramid of Giza not have anyone buried in it? Why no hieroglyphs or anything else associated with an Egyptian burial? Why did some Egyptian scholars in the past advance the grain theory? I'm not saying it's right, but the idea being pushed by the media, and you in this post, that all of the pyramids were expensive tombs is simply false. Why are you propagating it without even thinking about it? Just because it makes a good joke?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Well, it is there. And the Star of David has much older symbolic significance than just a sign for Judaism.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2D Merkabah representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    When did the slavery of the Jews in Egypt begin .................................... supposedly?

Hebrews?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Hebrews?
    OK, Hebrews.

When?

OK, Hebrews.

When?

Academics have narrowed the time period during which the Exodus might have occurred to the reign of three kings, or pharoahs, who are first called such in Egyptian texts. First was King Akhenaten, who reportedly brought monotheism to Egypt (as Dayan believes that groups of Hebrews resided in Egypt since the beginning of Jewish history, it is plausible either that the king passed monotheism onto the Jews or that they could have influenced his theology); next was Ramses II, who moved the Egyptian capital to the delta where many “Habirus” — or Hebrews — resided and also near to where the haggadah says that Israelites “built treasure cities Pitom and Ramses” for Pharoah; and then there is Merneptah Stele, the son of Ramses II who, among his many conquests, conquered “Israel” in the land of Canaan — an indication that the Israelites had already left Egypt and were living in the land.
    http://www.jewishjournal.com/passove...yphs_20100324/
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any time relevant artifacts recovered from the bottom of the Red Sea, yet?

Any time relevant artifacts recovered from the bottom of the Red Sea, yet?

During my studies it was posed that it was the Sea of Reeds, not the red sea. the hebrews being in eqypt can be confirmed, the hebrews making it to canaan can be confirmed, and the now israelites being conquered again can be confirmed. a chase through a trench in the red sea can not be confirmed.

I just reported news, will have to examine the issue once I can locate a dollar bill.

But sometimes people seem too rough to Ben Casron, mideastern things can be confusing for foreign experts. It is quite possible that Ben Carson is not as stupid as he appears.

Ben Carson Confuses 'Hamas' With 'Hummus'

6 days ago - In a rather stiff speech to the Republican Jewish Coalition today, Ben Carson appeared to struggle to pronounce the name of Hamas, the ...
    http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/...n-about-hummus

He didn't save it up.

He seized 20% of all the grain for seven years.

Then he traded it back to the people who had grown in it the first place at rates so extortionate that they had to sell themselves into slavery to avoid starvation just 3 years into the famine.

And he did it with all the power of the state.
    You're exactly right. Joseph taxed the people and then sold them back their own grain. That said, if he hadn't done that, would any of them have followed the process on their own or would they have starved to death? And yeah....sounds statist like social security only a bit more honest. Of course a free market approach would be for Joseph to contract with the farmers and say "Hey, let me have some of your grain and I'll store it for you for a fee and give it back to you over time when there is a famine." Some would have believed him....some wouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    During my studies it was posed that it was the Sea of Reeds, not the red sea. the hebrews being in eqypt can be confirmed, the hebrews making it to canaan can be confirmed, and the now israelites being conquered again can be confirmed. a chase through a trench in the red sea can not be confirmed.
    Same artifact recovery/salvage question. Any chariot parts, skeletons, metallic Egyptian weapons, etc.?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 12-09-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567