Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul's revenge... Conway goes down in flames again!

Rand Paul's revenge... Conway goes down in flames again!

Matt Bevin wins Kentucky! It's been all down-hill for Conway's career since he tangled with Rand. Is this the last we see of him? I've been waiting a long time for this... most satisfying.

Updated with a relevant article:
    Media STUNNED: Kentucky Dems On The Ropes As Rand Paul Foe Falls In Shocking Upset

(Photo by Gage Skidmore)

Persistent media reports of 2016 GOP Presidential hopeful Rand Paul facing trouble back home in Kentucky have turned out to be completely off base as election returns in Kentucky have Dems wondering, what went wrong?

Tea Party fave Matt Bevin captured the Governor’s mansion from Dem control, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes-known for her Senate race against Mitch McConnell-nearly lost, and that wasn’t all.

Democrat State Auditor Adam Edelen is out of a job despite outspending his Republican opponent Mike Harmon nearly $1 million to $40,000.

Harmon, a State Representative, won with about 51% of the vote with almost all precincts in.

Edelen was considering running against Senator Rand Paul for his Senate seat in 2016, but reports say that is now unlikely.

Paul put out robocalls and emails targeting Edelen to help Harmon’s campaign.

The victory at home comes as Paul’s campaign is picking up momentum nationwide after his speech railing against the Obama/Boehner debt ceiling deal went “viral.”

Source: http://conservativeintel.com/2015/11...=SocialWarfare
    Last edited by TheTyke; 11-03-2015 at 11:00 PM.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How exactly is this Rand Paul's revenge? What exactly did Rand Paul have to do with this?
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Hilarious, Must see the Maddow clip, Rand's "nemesis" lost tonight too...

Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    How exactly is this Rand Paul's revenge? What exactly did Rand Paul have to do with this?
    Since Rand was elected and the liberty movement started ascending in KY, the GOP has been growing by leaps and bounds - and continues to nominate decent people once in a while now. The 4th District (Massie's) became the first district in Kentucky's history to have Republican registration surpass Democrat. Rand also did a lot of work in Kentucky to support Bevin and the whole Republican ticket. There have only been 2 Republicans elected as governor in Kentucky since 1968. Make no mistake, Rand and the liberty movement set the stage for an upset victory like this.

I could go on and on. But I'm just enjoying the moment (and alas, made a typo in the title.) Most of all though, after the despicable campaign the Maddow/Conway ticket ran against Rand... I like to think Rand struck Conway a blow from which he never recovered, all those years ago.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Nothing, but hey, let the guy have his thinking that this was all Paul.

Republican Bevin wins Kentucky governor race

Republican Matt Bevin, a businessman and Tea Party favorite, beat Democrat Jack Conway on Tuesday to win the race for Kentucky governor -- becoming only the second GOP governor in the state in four decades.

The off-year election, one of many state and local contests held Tuesday ‎across the country, was seen by some as a test for outsider candidates at a time when several such candidates are seeking the GOP presidential nomination. Bevin, who has run as an outsider ever since he unsuccessfully challenged Sen. Mitch McConnell last year, was declared the winner over state Attorney General Conway in the gubernatorial race shortly after polls closed Tuesday evening...

...The results Tuesday were also a potentially troubling sign for Democrats ahead of next year's presidential election.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...governor-in-4/
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To all the R-tards thinking Rand will fail his senate seat because he is currently low in the polls. There was a member specifically making this statement but I already forgot who it was.

GTFO

If Matt Bevin can win by this much, Rand will devastate his re-election opponent (if he even needs to get to that point).

Last edited by eleganz; 11-03-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

OOOhh... Is it possible that this is really good for the Rand for President campaign???

Looking for information from those on the ground in KY who have the facts:

If the office of a U.S. Senator from KY becomes vacant (as if, were Rand to resign the position due to being elected both Senator and U.S. President), how is the office filled, even if temporarily until a subsequent election?

IF the (newly-elected, Republican) Governor makes an appointment, then a concern about Rand's Presidential race is now eliminated. In that case, if Rand were to be elected President, it no longer means that a Republican Senate seat would possibly be lost. How does a U.S. Senator from Kentucky named Massie, along with a President Rand Paul, sound?...
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Will be making a detailed post about the polling leading to this victory. This should be a BIG message to everyone that is upset about the recent polling.. Recent polling had conway winning or the race in a dead heat.. Not even close. Polling cannot detail enthusiasm especially in places like Iowa, NV, and other caucus states. By the way... The students for Rand in Kentucky helped Bevin from what I am seeing and it seems they have come up big once again.

There are also plans for the state GOP to take the legislature next year, this goes a long way toward making that happen.

Also, incumbent State Auditor Adam Edelen was the Democrats great (however foolish) hope of running for senate against Rand - and he lost in a huge upset to Mike Harmon (who some may remember as Phil Moffett's running mate from 2011.)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    To all the R-tards thinking Rand will fail his senate seat because he is currently low in the polls. There was a member specifically making this statement but I already forgot who it was.

GTFO

If Matt Bevin can win by this much, Rand will devastate his re-election opponent (if he even needs to get to that point).
    But wait, there's more! The only name even slightly whispered by the Dems to run against Rand lost by a YUGE margin.
    The Speaker of the Ky House could only fall back on Jesus not riding an elephant (so pathetic). Out of 120 counties, only 15 remained blue by the end of the night.
    It's a new day!
    Last edited by PCKY; 11-03-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    OOOhh... Is it possible that this is really good for the Rand for President campaign???

Looking for information from those on the ground in KY who have the facts:

If the office of a U.S. Senator from KY becomes vacant (as if, were Rand to resign the position due to being elected both Senator and U.S. President), how is the office filled, even if temporarily until a subsequent election?

IF the (newly-elected, Republican) Governor makes an appointment, then a concern about Rand's Presidential race is now eliminated. In that case, if Rand were to be elected President, it no longer means that a Republican Senate seat would possibly be lost. How does a U.S. Senator from Kentucky named Massie, along with a President Rand Paul, sound?...
    Like music to my ears...I could only give up my congressman if he were going to be Senator.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Will be making a detailed post about the polling leading to this victory. This should be a BIG message to everyone that is upset about the recent polling.. Recent polling had conway winning or the race in a dead heat.. Not even close. Polling cannot detail enthusiasm especially in places like Iowa, NV, and other caucus states. By the way... The students for Rand in Kentucky helped Bevin from what I am seeing and it seems they have come up big once again.
    Factor in a very low turnout. Around 25%. Very nice weather across the state. Looking at county breakdowns in a lot of counties that were blue it was very blue. Counties that were red were very red. So the GOP came out to vote it looks like.

This is great but where is the federalist's take on this? Oops, I meant the anti-.

GTFO

The Dems carried 15 out of 120 counties. Reeling is a good way to put it. In his address to the Dems in Frankfort Stumbo hinted that Jesus was a Democrat...something about how he didn't arrive on an elephant. Sad.

Very good news. It's amazing to think there are folks here who don't remember Aqua Buddha! Let alone Toady!
    Well done KY friends!
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Why does Maddow even bother injecting herself into state politics like this? She is that butthurt by Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Hilarious, Must see the Maddow clip, Rand's "nemesis" lost tonight too...

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Why does Maddow even bother injecting herself into state politics like this? She is that butthurt by Rand?
    It looks like the DNC had high hopes for this guy....maybe they'll bring back Ashley Judd!

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    Very good news. It's amazing to think there are folks here who don't remember Aqua Buddha! Let alone Toady!
    Well done KY friends!
    Both classics, for sure. What I'll always remember as equally classic is Rand calling out the conman in one of the last debates (might have been the very last one), by pointing at him and saying something to the effect of "Make no mistake! A vote for this man is a vote for obomba's big-goverment agenda! If he's elected, he'll vote just like harry reid tells him to!" I'm still laughing at that one, to this day. It's just SO sweet to see the conman defeated again!

There's members here who don't remember the secret billionaire thread or the blimp, either. But even still, even if they don't remember any of those things we mentioned, some of those members have turned out to be really great, and I'm glad they're here. Hopefully this election cycle brings us more high-quality members who are worthwhile. And hopefully it will also mean the return of other high-quality members who haven't been around for some years now. (I'm surprised that Rand running hasn't brought SA back)
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Both classics, for sure. What I'll always remember as equally classic is Rand calling out the conman in one of the last debates (might have been the very last one), by pointing at him and saying something to the effect of "Make no mistake! A vote for this man is a vote for obomba's big-goverment agenda! If he's elected, he'll vote just like harry reid tells him to!" I'm still laughing at that one, to this day. It's just SO sweet to see the conman defeated again!

There's members here who don't remember the secret billionaire thread or the blimp, either. But even still, even if they don't remember any of those things we mentioned, some of those members have turned out to be really great, and I'm glad they're here. Hopefully this election cycle brings us more high-quality members who are worthwhile. And hopefully it will also mean the return of other high-quality members who haven't been around for some years now. (I'm surprised that Rand running hasn't brought SA back)
    Pancakes!

Of course it would have been nice if the KYGOP had picked up more legislative seats last year to help secure a majority.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Well if this gets Rand any kind of positive press and maybe shows the media his Senate seat is probably safe, Im all for it.

Anything to poke a finger in the eye of Democrats!
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Yes, and it feels good to see Adam Edelen go down today even though he was supposedly the greatest thing since sliced bread and was definitely going to beat Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Nothing, but hey, let the guy have his thinking that this was all Paul.
    First, no one said it was "all paul"

Second, Paul is the Kentucky Senator that is making NATIONAL moves. This obviously covers and helps any local races.

Third, this shows the movement that elected Paul is not dead like many wanted to speculate.

Fourth, Rand did some local campaigning on his behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    Third, this shows the movement that elected Paul is not dead like many wanted to speculate.
    I don't think anyone thinks the "movement" is dead. I've gone on record saying that no year in history is as favorable to liberty candidates as the current one and that if Rand had been running a Bevin-Rand Paul circa 2010 style campaign he'd be dominating right now. The criticism of Rand is not that the movement is dead, but that Rand is badly out of step with the movement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast