Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ID-Car crashes into bull. Bull's owner and cops show up. Shooting follows.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yantis shot himself with his own rifle?
    Ricochet perhaps -- maybe just a fragment of the bullet? I remember some reports saying one the of the deputies "spun him around" as he was about to fire at the bull -- I'd think that could have caused a round to impact the pavement on the road.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Ricochet perhaps -- maybe just a fragment of the bullet? I remember some reports saying one the of the deputies "spun him around" as he was about to fire at the bull -- I'd think that could have caused a round to impact the pavement on the road.
    That would make sense. However, it would contradict the deputies statements that the rifle was at belly level.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That would make sense. However, it would contradict the deputies statements that the rifle was at belly level.
    I didn't read that part, though we know how much the sworn statements of LEOs are worth ...

Complete links to documents on the AG's website. Lots of big PDF's.

http://www.ag.idaho.gov/adamsCountyS...agFindings.pdf

http://www.ag.idaho.gov/adamsCountyS...lCallsACSO.pdf

http://www.ag.idaho.gov/adamsCountyShooting/reports.pdf

http://www.ag.idaho.gov/adamsCountyShooting/notes.pdf

http://www.ag.idaho.gov/adamsCountyS...cellaneous.pdf

Released on a Friday, two days before the end of July, nearly nine months after the killing and just a day after the last presidential convention. Tell me this doesn't smell of politics.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Yantis, the report said, had a block alcohol level of .104 percent. A level of .08 percent is considered intoxicated for motorists in Idaho, but Wasden said “there’s nothing illegal about that in terms of being at his house.”
    Oh, so he was drunk...that makes it legit.

Hey, $#@! white folks, you ready to riot yet?

Yeah, I thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, so he was drunk...that makes it legit.

Hey, $#@! white folks, you ready to riot yet?

Yeah, I thought so...
    He was also standing on a sidewalk where a cop wanted to walk by twenty years ago or something. He deserved to get shot.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SewrRatt View Post
    He was also standing on a sidewalk where a cop wanted to walk by twenty years ago or something. He deserved to get shot.
    On another forum I was reading about this, some cops were making a big deal about Yantis's "criminal record" -- which consists mainly of one DUI and a resisting arrest (or similar) charge that was dropped.

Another excuse they are making for the deputies is that they may have been trying to ensure everyones safety, that people might have been downrange where Yantis was aiming at the bull with his rifle. I'm sure the deputies were concerned about the safety of bystanders when they sent 20 rounds flying.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 07-30-2016 at 09:57 AM.

In depth article on one of the deputies that shot Yantis. This guy is a loose cannon....
    Co-worker said he felt threatened by deputy’s behavior after rancher was killed

A co-worker of one of two sheriff’s deputies who killed Idaho rancher Jack Yantis last November told state investigators in January that he thought the deputy’s behavior and mental state two months after the shooting threatened his and others’ safety.

Adams County Sheriff’s Lt. Steve Phillips told Idaho State Police detectives that he was frightened by Deputy Brian Wood’s comments, actions and expert marksmanship, and that he feared for his life and his family’s. Phillips, a seasoned law enforcement officer, said he ultimately left both his job and Adams County to distance himself from Wood.

In late December and January, Wood contemplated suicide and threatened to shoot any law enforcement officers who tried to take his gun or detain him, Phillips told the detectives on Jan. 22.

“He’s one of those guys that if he goes off his rocker, he’s gonna be somethin’ to handle,” Phillips said.
    Much more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...#storylink=cpy

in a lawsuit against the sheriff’s office filed on Friday, Yantis’ family describes the incident as murder by an officer who had previously spoken of a looming societal collapse, during which he would allegedly need to kill looters.

In their suit, the Yantis family accuses Wood of having “an unhealthy obsession” with guns and explosives, which he allegedly sold. The personal AR-15 gun he used on the bull and Yantis “had numerous custom upgrades including a Noveske barrel, flash suppressor, and holographic sight with a magnifier.”The family also accused Wood of being a so-called “doomsday prepper” who had previously talked of the necessity of shooting people in a future doomsday scenario.
    “Deputy Wood has also long been obsessed with the idea of killing, including how to train himself to kill automatically and without remorse,” the family claimed. “By late 2012, Wood was a self-described ‘survivalist’ or ‘prepper’ who believed that the collapse of society was imminent, and that it would soon be necessary to kill looters.”
    The lawsuit also cites a number of offenses that the family says should have disqualified Wood as an officer. In July 2011, while working for a different Idaho police department, Wood apprehended an elderly man who was driving slightly over the speed limit. The man accused Wood of using excessive force against him, and later sued the department, which settled out of court for $14,500. Wood was never disciplined for the incident, the Idaho Statesman previously reported.
    Months after that incident, Wood was caught poaching an elk. His police force fired him for the incident. He had served fewer than two years.
    Later, Wood began work with the nearby Adams County Sheriff’s office, where the Statesman reported that he served a four-month probation for filing late reports. The probationary period ended on around the date of Yantis’ shooting.

More at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/lawsui...asia-gone-awry
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234