Thread: Now that ******* is dead, what will Game of Thrones be about?

Now that ******* is dead, what will Game of Thrones be about?

I had thought that Game of Thrones was a story about Stannis Baratheon getting screwed up the goat ass at every turn. Now that he's dead, what story is left?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think is was totally clear that he was killed, was it?

I think the rest of the story is probably about finding a leader to unite all the lands to fight against the white walkers

I had thought it suspicious that an important character was executed off screen. According to the director, he directed the scene exactly how the show runners wanted. I'm assuming they wanted a cliffhanger of sorts regarding his fate just like in the last book. Regardless, with the burning of Shireen and his complete failure, I assume that he is most likely dead. I suspect that he might have a bit more story in the books before dying. All of the changes to his story were weird to begin with.

Regarding a leader to unite Westeros, Davos already told the Iron Bank that Stannis was the only reliable leader left in Westeros, so that can't be it.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Game of Thrones is still going? I quit watching after they killed Ned Stark. Nobody worth rooting for was left at that point.

Now that ******* is dead, what will Game of Thrones be about?
    Same thing it's always been about....$#@!ing and fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Maybe it'll be about Rob Stark taking back... oh.

Maybe it'll be about Jon Snow finally, nevermind.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Game of Thrones is still going? I quit watching after they killed Ned Stark. Nobody worth rooting for was left at that point.
    I was pretty pissed when they killed my nigga Ned
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Stannis was one of the few character actually (trying) to do something. Of course, we got robbed of a proper Battle of Winterfell, which could have been something awesome. Now we have the following to look forward to:

1. Dany doing nothing but talking about how she has the blood of dragons.
    2. Love triangle between Tyrion, Missandei, and Grey Worm.
    3. Love triangle between Dany, Jorah, and Daario.
    4. Arya sweeping floors while blind.
    5. Brienne ruining everything.
    6. Bran Stark.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I was pretty pissed when they killed my nigga Ned
    The only movie Sean Bean ever survived was Ronin, and even that was a miracle.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    They should show somebody getting killed while performing autofellatio. This would boost the ratings.

They should show somebody getting killed while performing autofellatio. This would boost the ratings.
    I could have seen Theon Greyjoy checking out like that, but, well...
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I could have seen Theon Greyjoy checking out like that, but, well...
    There's still hope, that weirdo may have his dick in a box somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I think the rest of the story is probably about finding a leader to unite all the lands to fight against the white walkers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dany+dragon.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	4597
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

She'll probably be the first to get axed, in season 6
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

How dull. I hope that GRRM ultimately goes against the Chosen One grain. I've always assumed that Stannis would die, perhaps after taking Kings Landing at some point, but a Stannis victory would have at least been unconventional (not to mention somewhat vindicating Eddard Stark). My problem with Dany (other than being a bore), is that she is so far removed from the current Westeros storyline that there is no way she can "earn" the throne from a story perspective at this point. I've always held out hope that she is indeed a mad Targaryen and that she will become a villain to be defeated.
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    How dull. I hope that GRRM ultimately goes against the Chosen One grain. I've always assumed that Stannis would die, perhaps after taking Kings Landing at some point, but a Stannis victory would have at least been unconventional (not to mention somewhat vindicating Eddard Stark). My problem with Dany (other than being a bore), is that she is so far removed from the current Westeros storyline that there is no way she can "earn" the throne from a story perspective at this point. I've always held out hope that she is indeed a mad Targaryen and that she will become a villain to be defeated.
    One of the popular theories on the internet is that she marries John Snow (who apparently isn't really dead somehow?) and then they take over. I hope that's not the case.

I hope all of the Stark's have important roles to play. There's still so much that could be done with Arya, Bran, and Sansa. They need to be tied back into the main plots somehow at some point.

Well one thing is that we are going to get to watch Stannis get filleted alive by the Boltons. Maybe he will be the new Reek after Theon escapes.
    Last edited by fr33; 10-31-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Well one thing is that we are going to get to watch Stannis get filleted alive by the Boltons. Maybe he will be the new Reek after Theon escapes.
    This is what I'm predicting as well, mainly because they are essentially in the backyard at Winterfell. She may be able to protect Sansa by giving Stannis up to the Boltons- he is a much more valuable prisoner than she is.

Remember there was that peasant guy who also follows Rhlorr (sp?) like Melisandra does... who can bring people back from the dead. My understanding is that he figures pretty prominently in the books, but I haven't read them.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Remember there was that peasant guy who also follows Rhlorr (sp?) like Melisandra does... who can bring people back from the dead. My understanding is that he figures pretty prominently in the books, but I haven't read them.
    His name is Thoros of Myr. Yes they could bring him back for some of things that he did in the books. But they could also use Melisandra for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    This is what I'm predicting as well, mainly because they are essentially in the backyard at Winterfell. She may be able to protect Sansa by giving Stannis up to the Boltons- he is a much more valuable prisoner than she is.
    That's false. In the book, Ramsay marries a commoner, Jayne Poole, who is passed off as Arya Stark; however, Sansa has taken that role on the show. The whole point of Ramsay marrying a Stark is to try to legitimize the Boltons' usurpation of the North. She is much, much more valuable than a (probably) mortally wounded man with no army. Sure, they'd take him, but there is no way they'd give Sansa to Brienne.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Note who's face isn't there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lage-well.html

I know it doesn't work this way but if he is well and truly dead, I hope he's turned into a White Walker by the Night's King, he promptly kills him, goes on to defeat every army, and rules the seven kingdoms for all eternity.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Note who's face isn't there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lage-well.html

I know it doesn't work this way but if he is well and truly dead, I hope he's turned into a White Walker by the Night's King, he promptly kills him, goes on to defeat every army, and rules the seven kingdoms for all eternity.
    I think a lot of those faces won't die next season. That's some HBO teasing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.