Thread: Thomas Massie on Donald Trump's support in his district

Thomas Massie on Donald Trump's support in his district

Trump support in district alarming for Massie

U.S. Congressman Thomas Massie is not particularly pleased to see Kentuckians who support him are also supporting Donald Trump’s run for President.

He said at a Young Professionals Association luncheon Friday this comparison is “sobering” to him as a politician.

He was asked if he was “comfortable” with the idea of Trump as a future President of the United States, which he immediately shut down.

“Donald Trump is a big middle finger to Washington, D.C.,” Massie said. “I understand. I have to be careful because the guy is polling at 30 plus percent and in the Fourth District, Donald Trump supporters are my supporters.”

More:
    http://www.dailyindependent.com/news...802e7290f.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One word explanation: immigration.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One word explanation: immigration.
    Exactly. For liberty to survive, the country has to be demographically capable of supporting liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Exactly. For liberty to survive, the country has to be demographically capable of supporting liberty.
    That sounds a lot like saving the free market by abandoning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    That sounds a lot like saving the free market by abandoning it.
    I see what you mean, but I am actually nowhere suggesting an anti-liberty, rights-violating solution. Search my posts. I am simply saying there's a problem. A massive influx of millions of people who, when surveyed, say they support bigger government at over 80% rates, that is a problem. I am just trying to get rational people (like yourself, for instance) to acknowledge that it's a problem.

As of now, we are sticking our heads in the sand as libertarians. Every pro-immigration person just says "immigration is terrific, there's no problem with immigration." No, there are very serious problems with certain types of immigration. Like, for instance, the type that in the US we have now and on a huge scale. I am just looking for someone, anyone, to be rational to acknowledge the problem. So far no one has.

Once we agree that half of Mexico moving up here is a problem, then we can discuss solutions. It's like drugs: just because you acknowledge there's a problem doesn't mean that the solution is to have the State shoot people and ban things and lock millions in cages. But if you just say "Oh, meth is fine. Doing meth doesn't actually cause any problem. Meth is just a chemical. We're a nation of chemicals," then anyone who with a rationally anti-drug-addiction position is going to look at you like you have three heads.

Love this quote...

“I know a lot of people who are going to vote for Rand Paul for president who say Trump is their second choice. They couldn’t be more different in terms of substance. One (Rand) is all about substance and the other (Trump) is nothing about substance. It concerns me,” Massie said
    Rand Paul for Peace

Well, this is the part that struck me:
    “I’m thinking, ‘Wow, the American public really seems to like these Libertarian ideas,’ and then Donald Trump runs and he gets all of their (Rand Paul and Ron Paul) voters, he gets all of my voters. I’m thinking, ‘No, they’re just voting for the craziest guy in the race,’” he said and the audience laughed. “It was very sobering for me. I’m that guy.”