Thread: All of Rand's responses in the CNBC Debate

All of Rand's responses in the CNBC Debate

Last edited by libertysource; 10-31-2015 at 11:35 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thank you sir.
    he seemed a little Harsh to me. but on topic nonetheless..

(HB says that I need help understanding "context" )
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

I couldn't see the debate because I don't have cable but this video of Rand's comments was great!! I don't understand why some have been saying he did not do well in the debate. Seems to me when he was given a chance (and the one time he insisted on getting a shot) he was fantastic! Why so many negative comments on how Rand did??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Rand,

You had the perfect opportunity to take down Boehner and Ryan (both very unpopular) and instead you went about it like an Adult. Get excited and call these criminals out!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I couldn't see the debate because I don't have cable but this video of Rand's comments was great!! I don't understand why some have been saying he did not do well in the debate. Seems to me when he was given a chance (and the one time he insisted on getting a shot) he was fantastic! Why so many negative comments on how Rand did??
    Wasn't anything wrong with what he said, they think he needed to act pissed off like the other candidates.

Once again he chose to show his intelligence instead of be a likable personality. Rand, my man we need you to stand up and do what it takes to win... Good debate but it could have been better..

"Wasn't anything wrong with what he said, they think he needed to act pissed off like the other candidates."

It's not like he needs to be pissed off but has to show passion. He has to make emotional connection with the voter with what he's saying. From the standpoint of not making any mistakes and sounding like a reasonable human being Rand did fine. But from the standpoint grabbing the voters' heart, well sadly he's lacking in that category.

9 minutes? That cant be all of it. Was that really all he got?
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was really good. Only getting 8.5 minutes sucks but he made good use of his time. I honestly cannot understand why republicans are not fawning over him.

All his responses were ok except he tee'd up Cruz but actually that was the fault of Cruz being prepared to dissemble on the public's goldfish stupidity.Next time: My 14.5% flat tax plan files on one page,gets rid of the IRS and one more thing the others don't,it also eliminates the payroll tax.

Deliverance a C.

Substance a B.

Glad I did not watch as I refuse to pay to cable nor do I have basic channels. Seems to me that everyone is upset at CNBC even so that one of Bush's guys confronted a CNBC producer?

From the Drudge headlines also seems that Rubio and Cruz will get a bounce with Trump still in command. Did Carson fall asleep again cause no one this time around is thinking he did well?

Trump holds. Carson tanks to mid teens while Cruz and Rubio moving up nationally by next debate. Everyone else is in the back of the pack for now.

Rand needs to stop educating and starting leading by becoming a better orator. If this was an actual debate of back and forth philosophy then yeah Rand would kill it but these are not debates. You get like 1 minute to answer a stupid question half the time and maybe a 30 second rebutal.
    Last edited by Liberty74; 10-29-2015 at 05:14 AM.

This debate isn't going to matter. All that matters is that Rand was there and looked presidential.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

you people in here wanting Rand to be something he's not to get an "emotional connection" with your average stupid voter are ridiculous.

emotional connections are for people with no substance.

Carson has been leading polls for about a week now and he has ZERO emotional connection.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    you people in here wanting Rand to be something he's not to get an "emotional connection" with your average stupid voter are ridiculous.

Carson has been leading polls for about a week now and he has ZERO emotional connection.
    Good points. Watching just Rand's bits actually made it seem like he did really well!

But Imight also add that while Rand's points look good here, if you watched the debate he was always pre-ceded by Cruz having said the exact same same thing and pretending it was his own, or followed by Cruz who ran with Rand's idea and took it a step further and claimed it as his own to applause from the audience.

It was dispicable.
    Last edited by RabbitMan; 10-29-2015 at 06:04 AM.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Your wrong about this. His demeanor has been the only reason that my mother and her friends support him. (Carson) Sorry chief but I have way too much political experience to let this statement ride. People do not care what you know until they know if they cant relate to you. Most people also make their choices based on emotion and not logic... (Hence Dr. Ron Paul is not president Paul currently..)
    Last edited by reduen; 10-29-2015 at 06:01 AM. Reason: to clarify..

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Good points.

I might also add that while Rand's points look good here, if you watched the debate he was always pre-ceded by Cruz having said the exact same same thing and pretending it was his own, or followed by Cruz who ran with Rand's idea and took it a step further and claimed it as his own to applause from the audience.

It was dispicable.
    I've come to hate Cruz because of this stuff.

However, the man was a national debate champion at a ivy league school. He's going to do this stuff, and to be honest, if he is able to, it means you cut your answer short and left stuff out. Thats on Rand. Which has been my only complaint through all the debates. Rand is a great interpersonal speaker when he has no interruptions with a small crowd. National crowd when sharing the light with 9 other people, he falters. I'm not going to hate him over it because rarely are you good at public speaking AND interpersonal speaking. You're usually good at just one or the other. Thats why his debate presence is meh, but he can filibuster for 10+ hours and rock everyone's socks off.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    Your wrong about this. His demeanor has been the only reason that my mother and her friends support him. (Carson) Sorry chief but I have way too much political experience to let this statement ride. People do not care what you know until they know if they cant relate to you. Most people also make their choices based on emotion and not logic...
    You're welcome to be wrong. Thats your right.

"His demeanor"....you mean stumble fumble ben carson that falls asleep mid-talking? Thats some demeanor! I get an emotional connection with him too, I call it "welp, time for a nap"

Theres a reason why skits go like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    9 minutes? That cant be all of it. Was that really all he got?
    That' 9 minutes of video. After you take out the questions and bantering it's more like 6
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Excellent job. The fed discussion is the best part.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Not all media spin is so superficial - Forbes article got it right . . .
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreyd...ng-inequality/

Overall, Rand and his wife had a good day and a half on a couple campus' with first time GOP voters,
    places where neocons wouldn't be so welcomed imo.

US Senate on one of the CSPANs, so it might be popcorn again tonight in front of the online screen if/when McConnell gives Rand the floor . . .
    tag team with Cruz and Rubio could go for . . . (days ?)

They have to raise debt ceiling by November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    People do not care what you know until they know if they cant relate to you.
    I've heard it put this way: People don't care what you know unless they know you care. So instead of asking whether or not Rand makes an "emotional connection" I would ask whether or not he's conveying to people that he actually cares about them. I can only speak for myself but I do get the feeling from him that he cares.

85% of people have no substance. This is proven over and over, even in scientific studies. This is why this group never grows, this is why we always lose.

Jan2017

Theres a reason why skits go like this:

lol - Carson is "amped" for the Dim debate . . .
    someone posted last night Carson mostly looks like he is about to have a "Rick Perry" moment every sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    That was really good. Only getting 8.5 minutes sucks but he made good use of his time. I honestly cannot understand why republicans are not fawning over him.
    That's simple. I just spent an hour+ flipping through cable news. Not 1 mention of Rand..good, bad or anything.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.